Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ...so what you're saying is that Flacco doesn't need any weapons...
    He really doesn't, and you already know why.....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    It was you who said that Jaws would weigh regular season more than post season. I was trying to make the point that YOUR logic is flawed.
    Really? If Jaws said that he's looking at the QB's body of work he may put more weight on the regular season versus post season. If my logic is so flawed then why is Matt Ryan in the top 7? Why is Andre Luck in the top 10? Why is RG III 13th? Why is Eli behind Matt Ryan? Why is it that Ben probably isn't in the top 3?

Based on your logic he may put more value on the post season if Joe is going to be ranked higher. I honestly don't have a problem with that because only Jaws knows how he's weighing this.

Also, go re-read my post and show where I stated that it would be fine if Joe were top 5 or higher.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 07-16-2013 at 07:10 AM.

Blog Entries

...so what you're saying is that Flacco doesn't need any weapons...
    Flacco's arm is his best weapon. Not many QB's can throw guys open like Flacco can.

I'm going ballsy on this one.

7. Big Ben
    6. Ryan
    5. Peyton
    4. Brady
    3. Flacco
    2. Brees
    1. Rodgers

BOOM.

Ok, I'll play along. How could you have Joe ranked so high! He sucks! He's a goober! blah blah blah!!!!!

Sorry wicked that's directed at a few that seem to think that I hate Flacco so I might as well not disappoint.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Ok, I'll play along. How could you have Joe ranked so high! He sucks! He's a goober! blah blah blah!!!!!

Sorry wicked that's directed at a few that seem to think that I hate Flacco so I might as well not disappoint.

Haha, right on.

I think Jaws could rank Flacco that high. I don't know how he could justifiably rank him over Brees, but I could see an argument for ranking him over Peyton (who chokes in clutch situations) and Brady (who also has a knack for choking). Flacco may not have a 4500 yard season under his belt (yet), but there is no doubting that in big games, he comes through. In high pressure situations, there may not be a better QB in the league right now.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Haha, right on.

I think Jaws could rank Flacco that high. I don't know how he could justifiably rank him over Brees, but I could see an argument for ranking him over Peyton (who chokes in clutch situations) and Brady (who also has a knack for choking). Flacco may not have a 4500 yard season under his belt (yet), but there is no doubting that in big games, he comes through. In high pressure situations, there may not be a better QB in the league right now.
    I agree but in all honesty if Joe is higher than 5 I would shocked. This league is so into QB stats its ridiculous. Matt Stafford has won nothing but because he's thrown for 10K yards the last two years he's viewed as being on the cusp of being elite. Joe is clutch in the post season and that's after starting out with three pretty pedestrian playoff performance years (he made clutch throws to Q and Housh but he was not good in that Steelers game. The Chiefs game he was).

Once the Ravens get to the postseason I don't know how anyone would not want Joe over the other guys.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I agree but in all honesty if Joe is higher than 5 I would shocked. This league is so into QB stats its ridiculous. Matt Stafford has won nothing but because he's thrown for 10K yards the last two years he's viewed as being on the cusp of being elite. Joe is clutch in the post season and that's after starting out with three pretty pedestrian playoff performance years (he made clutch throws to Q and Housh but he was not good in that Steelers game. The Chiefs game he was).

Once the Ravens get to the postseason I don't know how anyone would not want Joe over the other guys.
    Yet Jaws doesn't even have Stafford in the top 15.

Just saying...a lot of media pundits are into bloated stats, but Jaws doesn't seem to be.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A season under Caldwell and Flacco will be a consensus top 3 QB. He's already outplayed Brady twice in the playoffs and Brady's lost more weapons than Flacco. The only offensive weapons Flacco has lost are Leach and Boldin. However, Leach was by default, because they are going to run more singleback formations, much like Manning did in Indianapolis.

Peyton Manning's arm is not getting any younger.

Ben Roethlisberger is not going to suddenly stay healthy.

So, unless someone steps up out of the blue or Eli goes on another Super Bowl run, that leaves Flacco, Brees and Rodgers.
    Keep in mind there are a lot of young QBs poised to make a move. It doesn't just have to be the same old guys

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's Jaws' criteria that matter here, and he seems to be looking at overall QB abilities more than stats. Accuracy, arm strength, touch, mobility, reading defenses, release, etc. I like Jaws because he's one of the few analysts who doesn't just regurgitate fantasy rankings. That's how we know Rogers will be #1. No one can match his current skill set.

The only thing I'm not sure of is how he treats Ben. When healthy, he's a top 5 guy. But I don't know that he is or will ever be healthy again. So I'll go with:

7. Ben
    6. Ryan
    5. Flacco
    4. Brees
    3. Brady
    2. Manning
    1. Rodgers
    "Chin up, chest out."

Stats are so misleading when you are rating Qbs. It really comes down play against the better teams in the league. Players rack up huge numbers beating the bottom half of their schedule. With QBs it really comes down to how the QB plays with the game on the line and against the best teams. That is what they face in the playoffs.

They're just about to do the #7 piece on Sportscenter, and its Ben.

Blog Entries
    I'm going ballsy on this one.

7. Big Ben
    6. Ryan
    5. Peyton
    4. Brady
    3. Flacco
    2. Brees
    1. Rodgers

BOOM.

You know that's where I'd have Joe ranked if he can continue his post season form. There is an argument that can be made about him being the best QB in football if he cab be as good as that all season. For now I have him at 6. But it's really depending on how he performs this season. I have Aaron Rogers ranked are the best too. He has almost as much arm strength as Flacco, but he is also very mobile.

Excuse the spelling mistakes, bloody touch screen phones!