Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    I think Peyton and Brees may be switched, and if he gives durability a lot of weight, so could Joe and Ben, but at this point it's Rodgers at one and everyone else up to personal preference.
    8. Flacco
    7. Eli
    6. Big Ben
    5. Ryan
    4. Brees
    3. Brady
    2. Peyton
    1. Rodgers

I honestly think Joe will only move up a spot. Based on body of work I think Jaws is going to give more weight to regular season performance and state that Joe is on his way to being a top 5 QB but needs to show high level post and regular season performance.

Blog Entries

I think Flacco in the 5-7 range makes the most sense. His post season performance was epic. If he continues that trend throughout this season, I could see him jumping up into the top 3 with Rodgers.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    8. Flacco
    7. Eli
    6. Big Ben
    5. Ryan
    4. Brees
    3. Brady
    2. Peyton
    1. Rodgers

I honestly think Joe will only move up a spot. Based on body of work I think Jaws is going to give more weight to regular season performance and state that Joe is on his way to being a top 5 QB but needs to show high level post and regular season performance.
    Eli is already listed at 8: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-qb-countdown/

I don't know you very well but are you one of those guys that is always hating on Flacco? Nothing personal but if you listed the final 7 I guess Flacco will be 7 but back when there were 30 to go maybe yo have him at 18? How can anybody besides a Falcon homer with their head solidly up Ryan's ass put him ahead of Flacco. Sure, better stats in the regular season with the likes of Roddy White and Julio Jones and who was that other WR they had when he was drafted, plus Gonzalez? n Who were the WRs for Flacco early on? Mason and Clayton, though he did have Heap. Add Boldin and Torrey Smith. Who has had the better receiving corps?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Eli is already listed at 8: http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...-qb-countdown/

I don't know you very well but are you one of those guys that is always hating on Flacco? Nothing personal but if you listed the final 7 I guess Flacco will be 7 but back when there were 30 to go maybe yo have him at 18? How can anybody besides a Falcon homer with their head solidly up Ryan's ass put him ahead of Flacco. Sure, better stats in the regular season with the likes of Roddy White and Julio Jones and who was that other WR they had when he was drafted, plus Gonzalez? n Who were the WRs for Flacco early on? Mason and Clayton, though he did have Heap. Add Boldin and Torrey Smith. Who has had the better receiving corps?
    Didn't know Eli was already at 8.

As for Joe moving up I already stated where Jaws head might be in making his decision. He's already said that he takes into account the body of work (well at least he applies it to whom he chooses) and in looking at that rationale he may put a little more stock into regular season results. With that factor I figure Peyton will be ranked ahead of Brady but its really a coin flip. When you look at Joe compared to other top 5-7 guys his reg. season numbers lag a bit behind. There's no shame though because he wins more than just about every other QB and has come up big in the last two postseasons for sure.

I've been around a long time and I call it as I see it but am fair. If I hated Flacco I would suggest that he's way overrated at 8 and should be behind RG III or even Phillip Rivers. As for Ryan I have nothing for or against him and don't think he's better than Joe but he is a very good QB and belongs in the top 10.

Blog Entries

If Jaws is looking at an entire body of work, then that includes the playoffs where Joe played better than literally any other QB in post season NFL history.

That alone bumps him up IMO; prob Jaws' opinion too.

Didn't know Eli was already at 8.

As for Joe moving up I already stated where Jaws head might be in making his decision. He's already said that he takes into account the body of work (well at least he applies it to whom he chooses) and in looking at that rationale he may put a little more stock into regular season results. With that factor I figure Peyton will be ranked ahead of Brady but its really a coin flip. When you look at Joe compared to other top 5-7 guys his reg. season numbers lag a bit behind. There's no shame though because he wins more than just about every other QB and has come up big in the last two postseasons for sure.

I've been around a long time and I call it as I see it but am fair. If I hated Flacco I would suggest that he's way overrated at 8 and should be behind RG III or even Phillip Rivers. As for Ryan I have nothing for or against him and don't think he's better than Joe but he is a very good QB and belongs in the top 10.
    How can you think anyone weighs regular season performances higher than playoff performances? Granted Joe hasn't shine during the regular season but his post season performances are amazing. Not only did he just have the greatest post season performance in NFL history, over the past 2 post seasons he's only thrown 1 INT.

Joe should be ranked 5 or 6.

7. Ryan
    6. Big Ben
    5. Flacco
    4. Peyton
    3. Brees
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If Jaws is looking at an entire body of work, then that includes the playoffs where Joe played better than literally any other QB in post season NFL history.

That alone bumps him up IMO; prob Jaws' opinion too.
    Yep.

Seems like all the remaining QB's have a soft spot that could drive them down a couple spots, though Rogers is a consensus #1:

- Ryan- only one not to win a Super Bowl, he only got to the NFC championship game this year for the first time.
    - Ben Ben- tailed off badly last season plus injuries
    - Flacco- Was the post-season for real? We'll see this regular season.
    - Brady- Outplayed by Flacco twice in two years.
    - Brees- I think he has a bigger road/home split in performance than any of the others here plus he throws to many interceptions
    - Peyton- one and done

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    How can you think anyone weighs regular season performances higher than playoff performances? Granted Joe hasn't shine during the regular season but his post season performances are amazing. Not only did he just have the greatest post season performance in NFL history, over the past 2 post seasons he's only thrown 1 INT.

Joe should be ranked 5 or 6.

7. Ryan
    6. Big Ben
    5. Flacco
    4. Peyton
    3. Brees
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers
    If that's the case then Ryan could arguably not be in the top 10. Schaub should be 12-16 and Peyton should be 5 with Eli being higher because in the case of Ryan, Schaub and Peyton they have been pedestrian at best in the post season and great (Ryan and Peyton) in the regular season. Eli is a two time SB champion who has gone to another level in the postseason and been good in the regular season yet he will be ranked behind Ryan, his brother and just barely ahead of Schaub.

I think some of you are losing your objectivity and thinking that Joe should be top 5 or heck even higher based on what you see. He may end up getting there which is fine with me but this is how Jaws is thinking and not us. In the end aren't you happy with him being ranked in the top 7 of all QB's in the league especially after goobers like Heath Evans and Jamie Dukes think Alex Smith and insert name are better? Yeah I know those guys don't know half as much as Jaws but like him they have an opinion.

Blog Entries

I'm going ballsy on this one.

7. Big Ben
    6. Ryan
    5. Peyton
    4. Brady
    3. Flacco
    2. Brees
    1. Rodgers

BOOM.

If that's the case then Ryan could arguably not be in the top 10. Schaub should be 12-16 and Peyton should be 5 with Eli being higher because in the case of Ryan, Schaub and Peyton they have been pedestrian at best in the post season and great (Ryan and Peyton) in the regular season. Eli is a two time SB champion who has gone to another level in the postseason and been good in the regular season yet he will be ranked behind Ryan, his brother and just barely ahead of Schaub.

I think some of you are losing your objectivity and thinking that Joe should be top 5 or heck even higher based on what you see. He may end up getting there which is fine with me but this is how Jaws is thinking and not us. In the end aren't you happy with him being ranked in the top 7 of all QB's in the league especially after goobers like Heath Evans and Jamie Dukes think Alex Smith and insert name are better? Yeah I know those guys don't know half as much as Jaws but like him they have an opinion.
    It was you who said that Jaws would weigh regular season more than post season. I was trying to make the point that YOUR logic is flawed.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

A season under Caldwell and Flacco will be a consensus top 3 QB. He's already outplayed Brady twice in the playoffs and Brady's lost more weapons than Flacco. The only offensive weapons Flacco has lost are Leach and Boldin. However, Leach was by default, because they are going to run more singleback formations, much like Manning did in Indianapolis.

Peyton Manning's arm is not getting any younger.

Ben Roethlisberger is not going to suddenly stay healthy.

So, unless someone steps up out of the blue or Eli goes on another Super Bowl run, that leaves Flacco, Brees and Rodgers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    A season under Caldwell and Flacco will be a consensus top 3 QB. He's already outplayed Brady twice in the playoffs and Brady's lost more weapons than Flacco. The only offensive weapons Flacco has lost are Leach and Boldin. However, Leach was by default, because they are going to run more singleback formations, much like Manning did in Indianapolis.

Peyton Manning's arm is not getting any younger.

Ben Roethlisberger is not going to suddenly stay healthy.

So, unless someone steps up out of the blue or Eli goes on another Super Bowl run, that leaves Flacco, Brees and Rodgers.
    ...so what you're saying is that Flacco doesn't need any weapons...