Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hype Train!!!

Blog Entries

Hype Train!!!

It's that time of the year again. Everybody pick your player. Who are you going to hype ad naseum all preseason. Whose this year's Demetrius Williams, Eron Riley, Jason Philips, Musa Smith, David Reed?!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Hype Train!!!

I've seen enough if Deonte Thompson to think he is a breakout player and will push Jacoby for the no 2 position

Jacoby , while a great returner with uncanny vision , was released by the Texans because he was a mediocre 2nd receiver with too many drops .

I think Deonte may surprise a lot of folks and take the no 2 receiver position .

Marcus Rivers.

(whoops; forgot "is a beast")
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

We will see if Aaron Mellette or Tommy Streeter racks up 100 yards in the first pre-season game.

Can I play? I have two Ravens draft picks that I loved. One is Elam but that is too obvious. Here I go.

Aaron Mellette. LOVED this kid and he was on my radar LATE in the draft. I always pay attention to the kids in the small schools because that is always where Ted Thompson goes later on.

Great measureables, 6'2" 217. Dude is a playmaker. Fantastic hands, could clean up his routes a little bit, but with a little work he could do some damage. Hype it up!

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    We will see if Aaron Mellette or Tommy Streeter racks up 100 yards in the first pre-season game.
    HAHA, I see we are on the same page. Posted at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by packfntk View Post
    Can I play? I have two Ravens draft picks that I loved. One is Elam but that is too obvious.
    Hard to hype a first round guy. They are supposed to be impact players.

Everyone seems to be hyping Juice already.

Brandon Williams. Not only are 31 other teams in the league gonna kick themselves for passing on him twice, but Division 1 Football programs across the country are going to wonder why this guy wasnt recruited by their program.

Blog Entries

I second Brandon Williams. He is my "pick to click" rookie over Elam and Brown. I'm also excited to see what Rogers Gaines has to offer. He has an uphill battle to make the roster, and I think he's more likely P Sq material, but the guy is built like a LT is supposed to be, so my hope is with a year of behind the scenes seasoning, he can push to replace McKinnie.

I also see Daryl Smith making a HUGE impact, but can he really count being a long time vet?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Daryl Smith's ticket aboard the hype train has been voided.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Brandon Williams is my pick. This time last year he was busy getting poop on himself, you gotta love he's not a spoiled diva of an athlete. The story by itself is nice, but he has the measurables. A 335 pound 500 lb. bench press and back flipping NT.