Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: Jaws' QB Rankings on ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ben gets hurt every year, not sure he's a good example of being able to take hits. Of course a 'running' QB is going to take more hits. I'm saying there is no reason to think a team can't run the pistol or read/option without having their QB run all the time. It's a threat and if it's open they can take off (and slide) but it shouldn't be the primary play. KC is planning to run the pistol with Alex Smith this year.
    I think you'll see RGIII take a lot less hits this year but time will tell.
    Yeah but if yout take the average size QB and put him through as many hits as Big Ben and he would never been in the game. Big Ben would have died if he was Wilson's size behind that shitty oline.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    Yeah but if yout take the average size QB and put him through as many hits as Big Ben and he would never been in the game. Big Ben would have died if he was Wilson's size behind that shitty oline.
    or maybe he would've been mobile enough to avoid the hits

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    or maybe he would've been mobile enough to avoid the hits
    Yeah but when that smaller guy gets hit he gets wrecked. I bet you if Big Ben played behind a better oline his career would have been extended. Also if Ben couldn't take the hits Steelers wouldn't have their last rings.

Taking hits Ben > RG3

Thoughts on how the list will shape up?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    8. Eli
    7. Big Ben
    6. Ryan
    5. Flacco
    4. Brees
    3. Peyton
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers

Blog Entries

The only reason why I would put Ryan ahead of Roethlisberger is, because Roethlisberger can't stay healthy right now.

Here's what we've seen from Ryan in the postseason.
    Debut 2008: Fourth quarter interception that sealed a loss to Arizona
    2010 Home Game: Pick Six basically ended the game at half time (Although I will admit that was partly because Rodgers was eating the ass off of that defense).
    2011 Road Game: Zero points on offense. Zero. His deep accuracy was lacking and his confidence was clearly not there in the swirling winds of the Meadowlands. It was so bad that the sorry Falcons defense outscored their own offense.

2012 was a good postseason year for him.

That's it.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Eli comes in at #8.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    That same simple math was the exact point of the Wildcat. And that proved to be a gimmick, because at the end of the day, your QB has to be able to throw the ball well. If Wilson or RGIII has long-term success in the League, it will be because of their arms, not their legs. Their legs will prove to be a nice-to-have bonus like Steve Young's were.
    The Wildcat is a formation where you typically snap the ball to someone other than your QB. That takes passing out of the equation almost entirely and makes you one-dimensional. When running the read option (a play, not a formation) you run out of a formation that would allow just as easily for the possibility of a pass play. Not at all the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    The read option isn't a gimmick; using it every play however is a gimmick. Used right, a QB like Kaepernick or Wilson or Luck is that much better without risking his career. But if a QB insists on running too much, read-option or not, he's gonna get hurt and have a shortened career. Vick? RGB3?
    :word

I'd also add that the style of running is important, as wickedsolo alluded to...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Last year whenever Wilson took off, he'd run out of bounds or get down as soon as he was about to get hit.

Pretty sure Kaep did similar things.

RGIII would try to juke and fight for extra yards...

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

7. Ryan
    6. Flacco
    5. Big Ben
    4. Peyton
    3. Brees
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    7. Ryan
    6. Flacco
    5. Big Ben
    4. Peyton
    3. Brees
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers
    Yeah, this is how I'm seeing it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    7. Ryan
    6. Flacco
    5. Big Ben
    4. Peyton
    3. Brees
    2. Brady
    1. Rodgers
    I think Peyton and Brees may be switched, and if he gives durability a lot of weight, so could Joe and Ben, but at this point it's Rodgers at one and everyone else up to personal preference.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Did anyone watch the Steelers last couple of games?

I don't see anyway that Roethlisberger is ranked ahead of Joe. He is always injured and he also took the Steelers out of the playoff hunt at the end of the year.