Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Edward Snowden

Edward Snowden

Without getting into the bigger issue of the government sping on us...what are your thoughts on Edward Snowden himself. Is he a whistleblower/hero for bringing this to light? Or is he a traitor that needs to be prosecuted?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Edward Snowden

Traitor that needs to be prosecuted.

And I don't condone everything that the government was/is doing in terms of data collection and surveillance.

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Traitor that needs to be prosecuted.

And I don't condone everything that the government was/is doing in terms of data collection and surveillance.
    :word

I am no way a fan of Government keeping tabs on their own citizens without a warrant but there's a proper way to blow the whistle on this. And Snowden isn't coming close to doing it the right way.

His actions have put sensative trade craft out in the open and has potentially put operatives in harms way.

All he had to do was go to an American news outlet or liberal-leaning Senator or Congressmen and the same goals would have been accomplished without putting American lives at risk.

The fact that he's running tells me he's a simpleton who only cares about himself. Civil disobedience requires the light of day in open court.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    :word

I am no way a fan of Government keeping tabs on their own citizens without a warrant but there's a proper way to blow the whistle on this. And Snowden isn't coming close to doing it the right way.

His actions have put sensative trade craft out in the open and has potentially put operatives in harms way.

All he had to do was go to an American news outlet or liberal-leaning Senator or Congressmen and the same goals would have been accomplished without putting American lives at risk.

The fact that he's running tells me he's a simpleton who only cares about himself. Civil disobedience requires the light of day in open court.
    Same here.

I was cool with him letting the American people they were being spied on but when he left the country and told other nations what we cold potentiall could be doing to them, that went to far.

Surprise that we're all in agreement here. Snowden is a punk kid who wanted his 15 minutes. He has no idea what his actions have done. I hope the government finds a way to get him back.

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Snowden: Traitor? I don't know. Criminal? Probably. Hero? No.

But the focus should not be on Snowden, it should be on the incredible corruption of the government being exposed in so many ways. The government is using its power to get information on us and then using that information to damage us if we don't hold the correct political positions. THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

But the focus should not be on Snowden, it should be on the incredible corruption of the government being exposed in so many ways. The government is using its power to get information on us and then using that information to damage us if we don't hold the correct political positions. THIS SHOULD BE THE FOCUS!
    The laws that allowed this snooping to occur we're lawfully passed by the people.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The laws that allowed this snooping to occur we're lawfully passed by the people.
    All of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

Corruption? No laws were broken.

Who did the government damage using information gather through PRISM because they didn't hold the correct political positions?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    All of them?
    All fall under The PATRIOT Act.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    All of them?
    Our elected leaders in Congress passed something called the Patriot Act.

Blog Entries

At least half the country doesn't even care about him - that's the liberal half that put OBY
    in.

Ellsberg was the biggest traitor to date and he got off after releasing the Pentagon Papers.
    What was once classified documents suddenly appeared in every book store in the country
    when published by Neil Sheehan of the NY TIMES in 1971.

A judge dismissed the case vs Ellsberg. Note the headline in the paper in the link. It
    was because of improper gov't conduct. The judge finally got fed up when Nixon broke
    into Ellsberg's office for the upteenth time. He had enough of Nixon and the case and
    dismissed it. It was the same plumbers that broke into the Watergate.

It works both ways you know with both the whistle bowers and the gov't.

And the country didn't give a shit about that either.

http://www.nytimes.com/learning/gene.../big/0511.html
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-02-2013 at 07:59 PM.