Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
Slightly, yes.

I've not seen one iota of evidence that suggests common individuals were targeted. The Gubmint, with all it's misgivings, doesn't give two shits about either of us. And there's just as much evidence (like none at all) that the IRS is doing the NSA's bidding.

I understand the concern and agree with the principles behind it. But now you're talking Alex Jones type stuff. Scandals get discovered. They always do. If individuals were all of a sudden targeted for audit simply based on political affiliation, we'd hear about just like in this case.
I have heard about noted conservatives getting audited for the first time in their lives the last few years. Audits that start with IRS agents at your front door. Anecdotal, sure. But still.

That scandals get discovered is not comforting, especially to those who suffer as the targets prior to discovery. Second, only the scandals that get discovered do we know got discovered. How many managed to go under the radar? How many do the media ignore for the Clown in Chief?

Paranoid? Maybe, but I think there is excellent reason to be given this administration and the size/scope of the federal government.

And one more note, maybe I am not big enough fish to fry but some people are and they deserve protection as well. And I know people that have the IRS show up at their house. It is a scary thing. They carry guns. They talk shit. They have way too much power. Even the lower yahoos.