Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Re: Make ESPN recognize the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Can't say I really care about the ESPYs but I am a little surprised Ravens-Broncos didn't win the award for best game, I thought we had that one locked up. Must be all the Heat bandwagon fans out there.
    That and like I said earlier in this thread there are lot of short memories out there. Its all about what happened in the here and now. NTM whether we like it or not a lot of media and fans still think we just got "lucky" in the Bronco game (And what..... the Heat getting everything to go their way at the end of game 6 wasn't? )

And I'm not mad at Manny for giving props to his home NBA team. I can understand that. I mean Carmelo Anthony pimps the Ravens and O's every chance he gets. He was even openly rooting for the O's v. the Yanks in the playoffs last year... wonder how Knick fans felt about that.
    Last edited by Raven Werewolf; 07-18-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    They hate us..... but they want to BE us. (.... or at least poach all our players/coaches/FO people!) :respect

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    I'm not disappointed. If the Ravens start getting a lot of love from the media I'd miss all of the naysayers. It's become part of my fan experience. To name 2, would anyone want Heath Miller and Skip Bayless converted?
    +1

It really adds to the experience of watching the more popular teams bandwagoners cry in their beers at the bar after they assured themselves a victory because Skip Bayless said so.

Last season was magical, but the only award I expected from it was the Lombardi trophy. Because as we all know...Lombardi > ESPY

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Werewolf View Post
    I have to be honest here. Looking at this objectively I think the only one a Raven related choice has a shot to win is 4th and 29 but even there I could see the Clowney hit overtaking that. I figure Bron wins best performance... Heat or maybe Bama win best team.... and best game could be either Finals Game 6 or Bruins/Leafs. If only because outside of Bama all these involve cities or players ESPN kisses up to as well as them being more recent and people having short memories.

I haven't watched this in awhile and I won't now even with so many Raven centric nominations. That a guy who just came up barely a month ago (Puig) is nominated for breakthrough player of the YEAR tells me all I need to know about this "award show."
    i don't agree. i think flaccos 11td's and 0 interceptions on the road 3 out of 4 games was a better performance than lebron. i'm a lebron fan and wanted to see the heat win but if it isn't for ray allens 3 pointer the heat don't win the title.

its unfortunate ray didn't win anything. i'm sure he would have had a speech thast would have brought the house down. very nice gesture by phelps though.

Blog Entries

for best team I went on twitter and voted. On the #voteESPYsbest team site there were a few saying they voted for USA team just because they hated the Ravens and didn't want to see them win

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I just read on twitter this is the first time since 2001 the SB winning team didn't win any awards.

Guess who won the SB that year? We did.

So typical.

Just like we got robbed out of opening at home too after both of our SB wins. Again, typical.

Blog Entries

There is no way game 6 of the NBA finals should have beat out the Ravens-Broncos playoff game.

1) It was game 6. I understand the Heat were facing elimination, but there is still a game 7. No such thing as tomorrow for NFL playoffs. Lose and you are done.
    2) It went single OT not double OT.
    3) Hitting a clutch 3 is great. You see it 10 times during March Madness. Try a 70 yard pass on 3rd down with :33 seconds left in sub-zero conditions. The magnitude of Flacco's pass > Allen's 3, especially since the Heat did that at home and Flacco did it away.
    4) Peyton Manning+Ray Lewis > Lebron+Duncan IMO. Though it is close.

Whatever. Ravens-Broncos was one of the greatest playoff games ever. Yet apparently game 6 of the NBA Finals was the "best game" this year.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I just read on twitter this is the first time since 2001 the SB winning team didn't win any awards.

Guess who won the SB that year? We did.

So typical.

Just like we got robbed out of opening at home too after both of our SB wins. Again, typical.
    If that's true it really speaks to the absurdity of the level of disrespect the Ravens get. They were showing their bias for the Heat full stop. I mean, come on, no way was there a better game this year than the Broncos game. No way was there a better championship performance than Flacco, which reached statistical heights not seen in over twenty years.

All ESPN cares about are the Heat, Lakers, Yankees, Red Sox and Tebow - not necessarily in that order.

Not surprised at all that the Ravens got shut out, and honestly, who really cares?

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Can't say I really care about the ESPYs but I am a little surprised Ravens-Broncos didn't win the award for best game, I thought we had that one locked up. Must be all the Heat bandwagon fans out there.
    I totally agree. How can you not have the Division playoff game that had 4 game tying scores and 2 OT periods (although Justin Tucker did kick the game winning FG as the second OT started) to decide the winner not be the greatest game of 2012?

Maybe I'm just not a basketball fan, but the Heat vs. Spurs game 6 was pretty good. It did force a game 7 to decide the NBA Champion, which may be why it got the nod over an NFL divisional playoff game.

I don't know how Joe Flacco didn't win Best Playoff Performance with his 11 TDs 0 INTs considering that that stat matched Joe Montana's playoff performance, while many consider Montana to be one of the greatest QBs ever. All I remember hearing was how a lot of sports analysts thought LeBron James was just adequate during the NBA Finals, so how did he win it over a playoff run for the ages?

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    I don't know how Joe Flacco didn't win Best Playoff Performance with his 11 TDs 0 INTs considering that that stat matched Joe Montana's playoff performance, while many consider Montana to be one of the greatest QBs ever. All I remember hearing was how a lot of sports analysts thought LeBron James was just adequate during the NBA Finals, so how did he win it over a playoff run for the ages?
    Because fan voting was done in June/July, not February.