Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Webb Expected Back by Training Camp

Good to hear!

Per NFL.com ....

Webb came back strong after tearing in the ACL in his right knee during his rookie season, all signs are positive on his left knee this offseason. Head coach John Harbaugh now expects Webb to be ready for training camp in late July, according to Baltimoreravens.com.
    Link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...gn=Twitter_atl
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-01-2013 at 04:16 PM.

Re: Webb Expected Back by Training Camp

I would think that they would take it very easy with him until the preseason games start. I would expect him to play a series or two in the second preseason game and then a little bit more in game three.

He doesn't have to prove anything to the Coaches. Just make sure he's in the best shape possible when we go to Denver.

I'm hoping with more time to recover from this injury he'll have more of an impact sooner than last time. From everything being said he's on schedule.

Hope Webb introduces himself to Manning the right way, and gets at least 2 pic 6 plays. Ravens fully healthy will leave an impact on all the teams they face. Team looks like they have all the players they need to succeed.

Blog Entries

Good to hear that Webb is on schedule. A lot of people have been talking about how this upcoming year is a big year for Suggs and Ngata due to their large cap numbers for next season, and speculating on how they could be cap casualties after this season. I also think that this is a big year for Webb too. He is coming off of his second ACL injury, and has a big contract. If he isn't back to his 2011 form by the end of this season, I wonder if he could be a cap casualty after the 2013 season as well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Good to hear that Webb is on schedule. A lot of people have been talking about how this upcoming year is a big year for Suggs and Ngata due to their large cap numbers for next season, and speculating on how they could be cap casualties after this season. I also think that this is a big year for Webb too. He is coming off of his second ACL injury, and has a big contract. If he isn't back to his 2011 form by the end of this season, I wonder if he could be a cap casualty after the 2013 season as well.
    Webb signed a six year deal last year and his cap numbers are reasonable. He's not going to be a cap casualty.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Highly unlikely they cut him after the 2013 season because it would only be a savings of 500k.

http://www.overthecap.com/cap.php?Na...CB&Team=Ravens

Blog Entries

I don't think they should play Webb during any of the pre-season games except for a few snaps in the last pre-season game.

Give the reps to Jimmy, Corey, Chykie, and Asa Jackson.

I'm particularly excited to see Asa Jackson.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I expected him to be back, im just more interested to see which Webb were getting. Post surgery 2010 that had to work his way back to even being in the lineup in 2011. or 2011/12 webb that was a dominant corner. I think some people forget that nobody saw that 2011 season happening after his 2010. I get being optimistic, but im still taking a wait and see approach while holding back my expectations.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post

Same here. Based upon combine numbers, he has elite quickness and very good speed. Pretty bright guy too (earned his degree as the son of two lawyers IIRC), and hopefully a film junkie.

correction: his folks are doctors
    Last edited by BigPlayReceiver; 07-01-2013 at 08:16 AM.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Good news, I think he could have an even better year than he did in 2011 with the rebuilt front seven. Not sure I see the positive in not playing him in the preseason. He needs some game action, he hasn't played since October of last year. Don't want him coming back and the first guys he sees are Manning and Decker.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't think they should play Webb during any of the pre-season games except for a few snaps in the last pre-season game.
    Give the reps to Jimmy, Corey, Chykie, and Asa Jackson.
    I think you hit that nail right on the head. I believe Smith will step-up to his 1st round status, and that will take the pressure off the Ravens using Webb too soon... Bc