2012 Ravens: a tale of two seasons

the ravens had two distinct seasons in 2012.

the regular season(10-6) included losing 4 out of their last 5 and a defense that gave up a lot of yards on the ground(200 yards to a second string dallas cowboys RB tandem) and could not hold a lead late (philly and pissburg)

in the the post season (4-0) the ravens displayed an explosive offense and a clutch defense.

prediction for 2013:
    with all of the new additions on defense and an enhanced coaching staff i would expect the raven to have a much better regular season record especially if they can continue to show the knack to win games they shouldn't have like they did in 2012(dallas/new england/san diego).

as far as the post season, i don't think anyone could match the ravens run that they had through the SB. That run was truly miraculous.

in conclusion, hope to have a very good regular season that will give the ravens an entree into their 6th straight playoff season and than sit back and see what happens in the playoffs.

Re: 2012 Ravens: a tale of two seasons

It was definitely the tale of two season, but for me the second season started the week of the Giants game.

That's when the offense came out of it's shell and just lit up the Giants D. They seemed to be expecting the same ole' Ravens from the start of the season and instead, they got a Ravens offense that don't have a governor.

agree wi the Tejan. Caldwell as OC really jump started the O. I think injuries slowed the D all year; they hardly ever had Suggs and Ray on the field at the same time, and lost Webb and JamMac for the playoffs.
    the key will be how well the new guys (draftees) step up. if they're as good as adverticed we'll be sitting pretty. also; how well will JamMac come back from back injury? and will Courtney Upshaw progress?

I was really, really impressed at our D last year in playoffs (been watching on the dvd set). shutting out the points leader Pats in their house? wow. we just would not let them sustain a drive. guys like Graham and Chykie and Arthur Jones really stepped it up.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    I was really, really impressed at our D last year in playoffs (been watching on the dvd set). shutting out the points leader Pats in their house? wow. we just would not let them sustain a drive. guys like Graham and Chykie and Arthur Jones really stepped it up.
    They scored 13. It wasn't a shut out.

shut out in the second half, I mean. sorry. still quite an acheivment.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

6. Re: 2012 Ravens: a tale of two seasons

[QUOTE=HoustonRaven;639950]It was definitely the tale of two season, but for me the second season started the week of the Giants game.

Agree, I remember sitting in the upper deck that game unable to believe that Flacco was attempting, let alone completing, some of those passes. He stayed that hot for the rest of the run. If he can come close to that for the whole year this will be a memorable defense.