Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: According to NFL channel Pernell McPhee to OLB

McPhee certainly looks the part.

He looks like Suggs normal shape in that picture. He could be good at OLB. Can't hurt to have 4 capable OLBs. Maybe even limit Dumervil to passing downs.

Blog Entries
    When McPhee came into the league he wasnt much more than 280lbs. So, he probably could drop into the low 270's/high 260's and be completely fine.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

July 1st. This is what we get when we are desperate for football news. Snooze fest!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    July 1st. This is what we get when we are desperate for football news. Snooze fest!!!!
    Pretty much.

I like the move though. Shows that they believe in McPhee's versatility, which will be important for him when they go to re-sign him. Gives him more value to the Ravens.

And like others have said, it can give the Ravens a few different looks on D. Clearly they want their actual DL'men to be big hosses that plug up the middle. McPhee isn't a small guy, but he is more of a pass rusher than a space eater.

I still don't think the move - in actuality - makes much of a difference. He is still going to be a situational pass rusher and he'll probably come in as a DE in passing situations in nickel/dime packages.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.