Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: "Bob from Parkville"

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    SXMNFL Radio is your salvation, folks.
    Of course... but EVEN there, you get a few regular callers (and radio guys) who are annoying. I also like the local flavor of the Bmore shows. I just switch back and forth between everything. I'm not complainong about Bob (or Ed really). Just responding to OP, etc. I think it's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    And as for Brucie's behavior on the boards, we had a ball beating him up on Sunspot a few years ago. Talk about a guy with thin skin. He went ballistic on anyone who didn't agree with them and like AF said, frequently challenged people to fight him. Funny stuff.
    That's why he's Ron Burgundy. It all makes sense now. Fighting posters?!?!?

HAHA I would love to hear him say that on air. Hilarious!!!

On Ed from Parkville, if you turn your radio up loud enough when he's revved up, you will either 1) blow a speaker or 2) get a boombox to walk across a table due to the vibration coming off it. Can you imagine him being your neighbor and you two not being on good terms?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    On Ed from Parkville, Can you imagine him being your neighbor and you two not being on good terms?
    I'm sure there would be "bullet lists" taped to my front door looking something like this:

#1. "The Kids are too loud". The first step to quieting them down is.....
    #2 "The Lawn needs to be 3 to 3½ inches high". In my experience when maintaining a lawn....
    #3 "Too many Weeds in the garden". History shows that a well kept garden yields....
    In Conclusion....

5. Re: "Bob from Parkville"

Bob from Parkville is a hoot. To me he is just a lonely old man who has an opinion. When he goes on one of his patented rants it reminds me of Emily Litella on the the 70's SNL years.

Drew's handling of him is funny, I know for a fact that Drew really doesn't listen, he checks his email, facebook and twitter and after a couple of minutes, he breaks in and says "thanks for the call Bob" with out any feedback to what Bob has just said.

Bob's harkening back to the glorious past sometimes hits home... but for the most part he is dead wrong. His total lack of humor(he never laughs or kids around about anything) is amazing. He also calls the political shows and as one can imagine he is pretty hardcore on that as well. I'd doubt that he would be a reader of anything on internet boards.... but just call him out on any talk show and he will take the bait. He has offered to beat up some guys who disagree with him. But my visual on him is the old guy in "The Wedding Singer" who punches Adam Sandler's rival and says ''I used to be a lot stronger".

The battle with "Merton" was radio gold. Once I heard Merton's real voice. Just before he went on he said "Am I on" in a regular voice, he then switched it to go to that old "Major Bill Smith" imitation from the "Don and Mike Show". It is an act and BOB went toe to toe with him. Bob was the only one not in on the joke.

Bruce C. is so bad he is good. Obviously he is pure hype. He has fooled everyone forever(that he knows anything), but he is perfect for TV. I never understood how someone who really doesn't try(and prepare himself) gets such vast amounts of radio time. He just wings it. I am sure that when he goes home at night his last words are "I fooled them for one more day".

Merton Nails the "Indy" voice though... lol!

Ed from Arbutus and Bob from Parkville you both are long winded douche bags who add nothing to any conversation. Please hang up your Thesaruss and stop boring everyone to tears.
    FIRE IN THE HOLE!!!!

On Garceau's show today, his rant was that he "knows for a fact" that Chris Davis is on steroids. Yeah, he's radio gold all right. Fool's gold.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    On Garceau's show today, his rant was that he "knows for a fact" that Chris Davis is on steroids. Yeah, he's radio gold all right. Fool's gold.
    Bob's rants are always a hoot.

He knows for a fact Davis is on steroids but neglects to mention all the players on greenies, speed and the lack of color in the "good old days"

There are times he really comes up with a surprisingly good call but most time it just the same old mish mash of complaining and telling everyone how horrible things are now.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

I actually like Bob from Parkville when he calls stations. He's clearly watched a lot of sports so it's interesting to hear him talk about the past. I realize his opinions are repetitive, and he predictably gets himself wound up and pissed off by the end of the call, but to me that's the charm of listening to him.

For that matter, I like Ed from Arbutus. And I enjoy Dave from Salisbury, too. I don't have to agree with callers in order to be entertained. Baltimore is quirky and I welcome quirky sports talkers.

The guy I can do without is Rick from Reisterstown. There is nothing real about him and he can't be as brainless as he tries to sound at times. Just looking for attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I actually like Bob from Parkville when he calls stations. He's clearly watched a lot of sports so it's interesting to hear him talk about the past. I realize his opinions are repetitive, and he predictably gets himself wound up and pissed off by the end of the call, but to me that's the charm of listening to him.

For that matter, I like Ed from Arbutus. And I enjoy Dave from Salisbury, too. I don't have to agree with callers in order to be entertained. Baltimore is quirky and I welcome quirky sports talkers.

The guy I can do without is Rick from Reisterstown. There is nothing real about him and he can't be as brainless as he tries to sound at times. Just looking for attention.
    Dave from Salisbury is extremely entertaining. He's just so out there.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Question for CY.

With all due respect, you start a 3 page thread ranting about Bob's rants but you're still listening to him. Just turn him off, man. That's what I did with Brucie baby a decade ago.