Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA Draft

NBA Draft

Its tonight. With the Wizards taking 3rd in the lottery they're in a win-win situation. I hope they grab Porter and if he is not there Bennett.

But for fun
    Who will be the best player of this draft when its all said and done? Len
    Most disappointing player? Noel, but does not mean he will be bad
    Who will is your sleeper pick? Cody Zeller
    Which Point Guard will be the best in this draft? Carter-Williams has nice size but I think Burke has the most skill so I take him
    ROY? Porter

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Draft

I'm really hoping Len goes to the Wizards. You never know...

Interesting draft, not a lot of 'sure pick' guys early but good depth. Not unlike this year's NFL draft

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm really hoping Len goes to the Wizards. You never know...

Interesting draft, not a lot of 'sure pick' guys early but good depth. Not unlike this year's NFL draft
    I think the safest pick in the draft is Porter, Bennett seems safe. But overall I agree.

If Len wasn't injured I think he would have gone number one. He would have really impressed in team workouts.

If he knock down mid range shots he can be an elite pick and roll player at the next level.

Blog Entries

I feel like the Wizards need a dominant 4/5.

I don't know much about basketball, but when was the last time the Wizards had a REALLY good forward/big guy? Webber?

Wall will (hopefully) get better as a 2 and the guy they grabbed last year from Florida did ok, I guess. Again...don't really follow bball too much.

What about the guy from KEntucky that got hurt? Noel Nerlins? He is tall, but REALLY lanky. He's going to have to put on some weight.

I do like Porter out of G-Town. Good size 6'9" 230lbs. He'd be a good 3/4.

I like the idea of maybe trying to get Cody Zeller out of Indiana later on in the draft too. The Wizards need to do something if they're going to compete in the east EVER.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I think the safest pick in the draft is Porter, Bennett seems safe. But overall I agree.

If Len wasn't injured I think he would have gone number one. He would have really impressed in team workouts.

If he knock down mid range shots he can be an elite pick and roll player at the next level.
    Apparently there are some question marks around Bennett's work ethic.

Wizards don't need any of that.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I have not heard anything about work ethic w/ Bennett but that is definitely concerning.

i think while the Wiz need a 4/5 in the long term picture but short term they have Nene and Okafor even though they're both overpaid. There is a gaping whole at the 3 spot. I think if we cover it we will be playoff team next year. Eventually though I would like a new big man or just clean the bad contracts off the books.

Also Porter has like a 7-1 wingspan. He reminds me alot of Kawhi Leonard.

Now idk if you guys heard about the rumors to trade our 3rd pick and Okafor for Deng but I didn't like the idea. But the idea was definitely to unload Okafor's contract.

Also Wall is a point guard

I wish I was older to see the Bullets when they had Juwan Howard AND Chris Webber.

Quote Originally Posted by conviction View Post
    I wish I was older to see the Bullets when they had Juwan Howard AND Chris Webber.
    At one point, they had those 2 AND Rasheed Wallace.

Unfortunately, during the Webber years, he was constantly hurt and they may have had the worst group of guards and wings in the league...that's why they were generally a .500 team even with all hat talent inside.

And the desperation for guards and wings led to the horrible Trades of young Wallace and Webber for soon to be over the hill Rod Strickland and already over the hill Mitch Ritchmond.

Typical Wizards/Bullets bonehead moves...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Apparently there are some question marks around Bennett's work ethic.

Wizards don't need any of that.
    Questionable work ethic, injury issues, weight issues(reportedly up to 261lbs), doesn't play defense

Bennett is a boom or bust player IMO. I don't think there's any in between with this guy.

Bennett's the first Canadian to be this highly rated in a long time so I'm a huge fan of his. He's too similar to Jason Maxiell for me to be comfortable with him so expect to see him slide.

In terms of the Cavs I think the guy that makes the most sense is Porter. I think Mclemore is the best player in the draft (I would say Noel, but he's out at least a year), but they have Waiters so he doesn't fit. WIth Porter they would have Irving, Waiters, Porter, Thompson (another Canadian ;)) and Varejo which honeslty isn't a bad starting 5.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

He has an injured shoulder I think? I would not count him out.

He is a very versatile offensive skill player. He can play 4 and 3 spots.