Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NBA Draft

Blog Entries

Re: NBA Draft

How do you guys feel about the 2nd round picks for the Wizards? The PF from Oregon seems like he could be a good player. He averaged something like 10-11 rebounds per game last year for Oregon.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Celtics block buster trade is a page out of Ozzie's hand book. Just like he shipped
    stars Boldin, Reed and Pollard out, the Celtics shipped out Garnett,Pierce and Terry, stars for top draft picks that will set them up for years but Boston fans are preparing for a lean season.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/post...ckbuster-trade
    I'm a Celtics fan, LOVE the trade. Love the trade for Doc. None of the three of them wanted to be here for a rebuild, and really all three stood in the way of a rebuild. Gerald Wallace hopefully will be a better fit with Rondo in a high-paced offense, Humfries can at least rebound... and three firsts... To get rid of some GREAT players, but great players that will only get worse. LOVE IT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm a Celtics fan, LOVE the trade. Love the trade for Doc. None of the three of them wanted to be here for a rebuild, and really all three stood in the way of a rebuild. Gerald Wallace hopefully will be a better fit with Rondo in a high-paced offense, Humfries can at least rebound... and three firsts... To get rid of some GREAT players, but great players that will only get worse. LOVE IT.
    be prepared to go through some pain. They'll likely be bottom feeders for a year or two but they have some draft picks to rebuild.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    be prepared to go through some pain. They'll likely be bottom feeders for a year or two but they have some draft picks to rebuild.
    that's really the goal though. I hope they don't trade Rondo to compound it.

Blog Entries

they just robbed the nets. On paper it looks like a fantastic starting 5 for them. I just dont think they have much left in the tank to actually make it work out in the end. Boston is not going to be very good the next year or two but they do have a bright future imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I've got no dog in this fight, but I think Danny Ainge did a very good job here. He "traded" his head Coach for a 2015 1st round pick, then his two ageing stars for three (2014, 2016, 2018) 1st round picks. Other players aside, the Celtics have two 1st round picks in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018. Imagine what Ozzie could do with those assets... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I've got no dog in this fight, but I think Danny Ainge did a very good job here. He "traded" his head Coach for a 2015 1st round pick, then his two ageing stars for three (2014, 2016, 2018) 1st round picks. Other players aside, the Celtics have two 1st round picks in 2014, 2015, 2016, and 2018. Imagine what Ozzie could do with those assets... Bc
    as a rough equivalency factor however, the NBA draft is more like 4 rounds per round. What I mean by that is that late first rd NBA picks are more like 4th rd NFL picks, and late 2nd are more equivalent to UDFAs.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Two problems with this. A) the picks they recieved will be late 1st round picks. In the NBA draft it's really the top 15 that are the cream of the crop B) Not similar to football whatsoever due to many more positions in football than basketball.

I think they got the best they were going to get. Lets just hope they have good scouting and player development. I personally hate the Celtics (Knicks fan) so I'm pumped to watch them suck for the next few years
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Two problems with this. A) the picks they recieved will be late 1st round picks. In the NBA draft it's really the top 15 that are the cream of the crop B) Not similar to football whatsoever due to many more positions in football than basketball.

I think they got the best they were going to get. Lets just hope they have good scouting and player development. I personally hate the Celtics (Knicks fan) so I'm pumped to watch them suck for the next few years
    who knows how good the Nets will be in 18, or heck even 14 or 16 really... They got two expensive players in the November of their career. Apparently, NONE of the picks is lottery protected...