Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Ravens' Entire Playoff/ Super Bowl Run Video

Was at Best Buys today and saw the Playoff/Super Bowl DVD(which is totally different from the SI video)! Every game was in it's entirety! They had it on DVD and Blue Ray. Didn't purchase it, but I will. The DVD was $32 and the Blue Ray was $40 something. Has anyone else purchased and seen it?

Re: Ravens' Entire Playoff/ Super Bowl Run Video

Blu ray on Amazon for cheaper, & no shipping/tax.

http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Baltimore-...r+bowl+blu+ray

You can also download all four games in HD from the Apple store @ $1.99 each (I think).

Blog Entries

I recently bought the collection for the 2000 season and have been rewatching those playoff games and its amazing how much the game has changed in a little over a decade. Dilfer having a mild concussion and coming back, several helmet to helmet hits, our defense abused QBs. that 2000 defense would be heavily penalized in todays game. This years will be nice to have to look back on in another 10 years to see how much more the game changes

I bought the package off Amazon but have not even unwrapped it yet. The games have been on TV so much I don't want to keep watching it and they end up going stale.

I might re-watch the Colts game soon though. That's the only game that's not getting much air time.

I dvd'd the original games but I plan on getting this set. I wonder how they'll edit the SB.

any extras?

http://www.amazon.com/NFL-Baltimore-...eywords=ravens

it says 'tv broadcast in its entirety' (without commercials) so I guess the power outage will be in.

no extras, but I still want.
    (I'm not promoting Amazon, just linking for convenience/comparisom)
    Last edited by sailorsam; 06-25-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: add Amazon link
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I recently bought the collection for the 2000 season and have been rewatching those playoff games and its amazing how much the game has changed in a little over a decade. Dilfer having a mild concussion and coming back, several helmet to helmet hits, our defense abused QBs. that 2000 defense would be heavily penalized in todays game. This years will be nice to have to look back on in another 10 years to see how much more the game changes
    I bought both sets too, and recently watched the four 2000/2001 playoff games. My memories were that the Ravens offense was not that great, but I didn't realize how bad it was until I rewatched these. Jamal seemed to hit the rookie wall against the Titans & Raiders but even worse...the passing game was non-existent except for a few lucky deep passes (All of Sharpe's). If anyone ever wants to criticize Brian (or Oz to lesser extent) for getting rid of Dilfer, just pop these games in. Dilfer missed so many wide open receivers, especially in the SB. Flacco would have been crucified if he had playoff performances like that. In the last 3 games (Tenn/Oak/NYG), there was no sort of 10 play 80yd drive we come to expect from the 2012 Ravens ... It was either a big play (always somewhat lucky) or punt. Anytime you have a game when your opponent gets 23 1st downs and you only get 6 AND you have 2 punts blocked AND you only a +1 TO Ratio in the game... you are extremely lucky to win (what happened in the Titans game)

That 2000 defense was incredible but I still think that teams didn't attack them correctly. Everybody ran on 1st down against that D which was flat out stupid. Quick passes on 1st would have been much more effective... especially against Starks or TE in the seam between Ray & Sharper or Ray & Boulware. By 2001 season, teams figured out that running was futile against them, and teams could effectively throw against that D (both regular season Steeler games, Kordell had nice passing days against our D).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    That 2000 defense was incredible but I still think that teams didn't attack them correctly...
    LOL at anotherr MMQB. It's easy to reverse things after they're played, but keep in mind those 2000 teams played against (IMO) the strongest defense the NFL has seen... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    I bought both sets too, and recently watched the four 2000/2001 playoff games. My memories were that the Ravens offense was not that great, but I didn't realize how bad it was until I rewatched these. Jamal seemed to hit the rookie wall against the Titans & Raiders but even worse...the passing game was non-existent except for a few lucky deep passes (All of Sharpe's). If anyone ever wants to criticize Brian (or Oz to lesser extent) for getting rid of Dilfer, just pop these games in. Dilfer missed so many wide open receivers, especially in the SB. Flacco would have been crucified if he had playoff performances like that. In the last 3 games (Tenn/Oak/NYG), there was no sort of 10 play 80yd drive we come to expect from the 2012 Ravens ... It was either a big play (always somewhat lucky) or punt. Anytime you have a game when your opponent gets 23 1st downs and you only get 6 AND you have 2 punts blocked AND you only a +1 TO Ratio in the game... you are extremely lucky to win (what happened in the Titans game)

That 2000 defense was incredible but I still think that teams didn't attack them correctly. Everybody ran on 1st down against that D which was flat out stupid. Quick passes on 1st would have been much more effective... especially against Starks or TE in the seam between Ray & Sharper or Ray & Boulware. By 2001 season, teams figured out that running was futile against them, and teams could effectively throw against that D (both regular season Steeler games, Kordell had nice passing days against our D).
    I was thinking the same thing when rewatching the games. Dilfer was awful. We were very lucky to win those playoff games, but I'm glad we did. Shows how important a QB really is

I've mentioned this a number of times before....but if you re-watch the BAL/TEN in the AFC semis, I'd encourage everyone to glimpse at the play preceding the Washington/Mitchell blogged FG attempt.

McNair ran some form of bootleg on 3rd and short inside the 25 yard line. He appeared to be in a position to easily get it, only having to outmuscle Duane Starks for a yard. Jamie Sharper tracked him down from behind, grabbed him by the back of the shoulder pads and threw him down short of the yard to gain. At the time, it was a great play to prevent a first down by a very underrated Raven. Fast forward 9-10 years...the same play si a horsecollar and a personal foul, and The Titans are setting up at first and ten inside the 15.

If the game was called then like it is today, Baltimore football fans would likely never remember the name Keith Washington or Anthony Mitchell, and there's a good chance that our football legacy as Raven fans would look entirely different.
    Last edited by LukeDaniel; 06-27-2013 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing when rewatching the games. Dilfer was awful. We were very lucky to win those playoff games, but I'm glad we did. Shows how important a QB really is
    In the Super Bowl, Dilfer on 3-4 occasions threw a simple 10-12 yard out pattern at the feet of his intended receiver, despite having practically no pressure on him. I can't remember Flacco doing that more than once or twice in five years here.

Blog Entries

One of the several reasons he was released. During practice his throws took forever to get
    there, even on the TD to Stokely. Boomer Esiason walked up to Tom Matte at half time
    and said Ravens should be winning 50-0 but Dilver missed so many throws.

And he always wondered why he was cut but Woodson said the chemistry left the team
    with Dilver. Ravens definitely lost their swagger in 01.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    One of the several reasons he was released. During practice his throws took forever to get
    there, even on the TD to Stokely. Boomer Esiason walked up to Tom Matte at half time
    and said Ravens should be winning 50-0 but Dilver missed so many throws.

And he always wondered why he was cut but Woodson said the chemistry left the team
    with Dilver. Ravens definitely lost their swagger in 01.
    Dilfer was not cut/ released. His contract expired and the Ravens chose not to resign him