Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Speaking of off-season, OT topics, the Ravens and Miami Heat...

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    400,000? Yeah, ok...
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. Miami's population is just barely over 400,000. Plus they aren't a very good sports town and the NBA isn't half as popular as the NFL.

I also think 200,000 was a very modest estimate for us. Maybe there were 200,000 on the streets, but there was another 100,000 in the stadium. Even if we did happen to pick a picture of the most sparsely crowded area in Miami, ALL of the Ravens route through Baltimore was completely packed.

I forgot all about the time they (Ravens twitter) took the parting shot at Leron McClain after he left and we signed Leach.

smh...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I saw it on facebook and thought the same thing; classless. It's not like the Ravens party was without issues.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Yeah, whoever puts these tweets out needs a good slap across the head. It was disgraceful when they posted the thing about the Orioles on Opening Day last year. This is just dumb and unneccessary and makes them look petty.

I wonder if anyone got stabbed at the Miami parade like in our fair city.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    I personally thought this was completely unnecessary for the Ravens to have done...and frankly beneath the an organization that typically has a lot of class. Even if it was true, there was no need for the Ravens to post this.

And the fact that double the amount of fans were at that Heat parade just makes the Ravens posts look even worse.
    Dead on. What did they hope to gain from this?

Miami, Atlanta, and San Diego are the three worst sports towns IMO. Awful, awful fans.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

FWIW, in case anyone thought I was "happy" about the twitter..tweet...twat....whatever....

when I saw the article/link, I thought, "WTF are they thinking?" I agree with the comments about this being a really bad idea, and for many of the reasons posted above.

Thus, my comment that I may be sharing Oedipus' fate! ;)

really weird. not sure who they put in charge of the account, but they might want to rethink the decision. just looks dumb... nothing else to say really.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Hahaha at the last paragraph of that article,

"And if Heat fans literally want the last laugh, they can show up at Sun Life Stadium on Oct. 6 and laugh at the Ravens when the Dolphins host Baltimore in Week 5 of NFL regular season."
    I was down there twice during the regular season when they beat us and twice in the POs
    when we beat them.

Billick was the only coach who lost to CAM that year and it cost him his job - one of the
    things but I was there when Elvis beat them in the POs with a 50 yd pass play standing
    in his end zone.