Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 432
  1. #391
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial



    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Does Rush Limbaugh speak for all or even the majority of conservatives?

    Just because someone earns a lot of money doesn't mean that they are the point man for a group of people.

    Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

    I, nor any of my friends or family or anybody I know have listened to a word any of those guys have said about this.

    There is a really big sense of something not being right about the case by myself and others, but it's not being driven by those "leaders"...hell, they are almost always late to whatever cause pops up...we see their agenda and its incredibly insulting to me to have someone of another race try and tell me how we think about them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I wish more people saw through their crap like you/friends/family. Unfortunately people still show up for their rallies. But people will show up for any rally, I guess.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  2. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Does Rush Limbaugh speak for all or even the majority of conservatives?

    Just because someone earns a lot of money doesn't mean that they are the point man for a group of people.

    Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

    I, nor any of my friends or family or anybody I know have listened to a word any of those guys have said about this.

    There is a really big sense of something not being right about the case by myself and others, but it's not being driven by those "leaders"...hell, they are almost always late to whatever cause pops up...we see their agenda and its incredibly insulting to me to have someone of another race try and tell me how we think about them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I admire you're original statement on this but....

    My point is someone is listening to them just like they do Rush who has the
    largest radio audience in history of about 20M listeners per week.

    Louie has been called one of the most influencial black leaders in history and OBY
    flew to DC to join the Million Man March. Someone sure like him and I saw those
    people at SS worship Jessie. The union sponsored it and when he put his arm around
    the gal who introduced him, she just melted in awe.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-17-2013 at 02:03 PM.




  3. #393

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I admire you're original statement on this but....

    My point is someone is listening to them just like they do Rush who has the
    largest radio audience in history of about 20M listeners per week.

    Louie has been called one of the most influencial black leaders in history and OBY
    flew to DC to join the Million Man March. Someone sure like him and I saw those
    people at SS worship Jessie. The union sponsored it and when he put his arm around
    the gal who introduced him, she just melted in awe.
    Well, first off, I had absolutely zero problem with the MMM. If I were available, I would have went as I saw that as a positive coming together of black men to discuss and work on our problems n our communities.

    I mean I never said that there weren't a segment of the population that aren't sheep...history is filled with clowns from all races and backgrounds that are able to build up followings, but those followings still are nowhere near large enough to represent an entire race/ethnicity/culture.

    I'm just saying that I think seeing a couple hundred people at a publicized rally should automatically make people assume that the majority of an entire race of people are blind sheep.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  4. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Point well taken but I bet if I went to the New Psalmist Baptist Church downtown or Bethel AME and polled those members they would all be for Jessie. Many of those members were in the
    audience that day. I knew many from those churches but I see your point.

    Not everyone likes Jessie or Louie and not everyone likes El Rusho. I didn't listen to him when he said not voting for OBY is the same as voting for him because he wins when a lot of conservatives and especially Christian conservatives sit out as many do - almost half every election. I voted libertarian and will never vote for another GOP liberal posing as a conservative again like McCain and Romney and both Bushies even when Rush says I should.




  5. #395
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,858
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.

    They aren't some pied pipers that we follow around...give us a little more credit here...we realize them for what they are.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD


    I have always felt that there is no way the Black Community could fully, 100% buy into the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jackson's of the world. Just like White people will never fully buy into the Fred Phelpses of the country.

    D-bag is a D-bag no matter the hue of the skin.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #396
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Who's Fred Phelps?
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  7. #397
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who's Fred Phelps?
    The douche who protests soldier's funerals because America is too tolerant of them homosexuals and colored folk.

    He's a total fringe nut, so much so that even the freaking KKK put out a press release stating they have no affiliation with him or his views.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  8. #398

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who's Fred Phelps?
    The absolute scum of the earth.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  9. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Phelps is pastor of Westboro Baptist Church and makes the independent Baptists
    look really bad. Total disgrace but as James Dobson told Larry King, there are
    extreme leftists too.

    There's tons of phony pastors and just about anyone you see on TV
    is phony and makes millions from their shows - guys like Binny Henn,
    Creflo Dollar just to name two. See example of Dollar getting arrested for
    battery charges vs his 15-yr old daughter. Charges were eventually dropped
    when he completed anger management courses in a deal with prosecutors.

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...-arrested.html


    Christ said there will be false teachers in my name and these guys are
    it. Christ would never give thanks for someone getting SHOT like Phelps
    did here.


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpkxoql4xz0
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.




  10. #400
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The douche who protests soldier's funerals because America is too tolerant of them homosexuals and colored folk.

    He's a total fringe nut, so much so that even the freaking KKK put out a press release stating they have no affiliation with him or his views.
    Ah.

    Yeah, knew of the group but didn't know the dude who was running it.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  11. #401
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post


    I have always felt that there is no way the Black Community could fully, 100% buy into the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jackson's of the world. Just like White people will never fully buy into the Fred Phelpses of the country.

    D-bag is a D-bag no matter the hue of the skin.
    Now that I know who he is, I think this is a bad comparison.

    Ask most folks on the left and yes, many distance themselves from activists like Al and Jesse, but they have their fare share of supporters.

    Even amongst the most hardened conservatives and I doubt very seriously this asshat gets any support at all.

    At some point your zealotry pushes you in the world of crazy.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  12. #402
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Jessie registered over 1M new votes and got 3.5M votes during the presidential
    campaign and became Senator for Wash D.C. and generates millions for his RainBow
    Coalition while enjoying a hefty salary.

    I'd say most of the minority population as well as many whites love the guy.

    http://rainbowpush.org/pages/jackson_bio




  13. #403

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Jessie registered over 1M new votes and got 3.5M votes during the presidential
    campaign and became Senator for Wash D.C. and generates millions for his RainBow
    Coalition while enjoying a hefty salary.

    I'd say most of the minority population as well as many whites love the guy.

    http://rainbowpush.org/pages/jackson_bio
    Well, you're wrong.

    3.5 million votes doesn't mean that most of the minority population loves him. The total number of minorities in this country absolutely dwarfs that 3.5 million number.

    Without getting political...here is someone who most blacks love. Barack Obama. Whether you hate his policies or not, if you want to see what happens when black people love and support, he is the point man. Not Jesse Jackson.

    Again, I'm not saying he doesn't have a following. But you are totally overstating it.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  14. #404
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,506

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Jessie registered over 1M new votes and got 3.5M votes during the presidential
    campaign and became Senator for Wash D.C. and generates millions for his RainBow
    Coalition while enjoying a hefty salary.

    I'd say most of the minority population as well as many whites love the guy.

    http://rainbowpush.org/pages/jackson_bio
    DC doesn't have Senators, only a representative in Congress.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  15. #405
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,742

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Just more misinformation out there.

    http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-juro...005309948.html

    Zimmerman didn't claim "stand your ground" self-defense. He just claimed self-defense.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland