Page 26 of 29 FirstFirst ... 162223242526272829 LastLast
Results 376 to 390 of 432
  1. #376
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial



    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I cannot watch the news anymore.

    They are clearly going with the "Tell the Biggest Lie, the more People Will Believe It" approach to all of this. They are flat out lying about what was in evidence and what was not.
    Just like some posters in here. Doesn't matter what the evidence or lack thereof says, peoples
    minds are made up across the board even though the jury said there was no evidence to
    convict. Decided in about 16 hours.




  2. #377
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I find this particularly relevant at times like this:

    "There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."*

    - Booker T. Washington
    Great quote. If not for the business of racism Al Charlatan and the uh Rev-erend uh Jess-A Jack-A-Son would be unemployed.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  3. #378
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,263

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I cannot watch the news anymore.

    They are clearly going with the "Tell the Biggest Lie, the more People Will Believe It" approach to all of this. They are flat out lying about what was in evidence and what was not. They are willfully stocking the fans of race to get ratings at this point. Ad it doesn't matter the network -- Fox, CNN, MSNBC -- all of them are doing in some shape and form.
    It truely is sickening. I'm in media blackout mode.




  4. #379
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,263

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    I find this particularly relevant at times like this:

    "There is a class of colored people who make a business of keeping the troubles, the wrongs, and the hardships of the Negro race before the public. Having learned that they are able to make a living out of their troubles, they have grown into the settled habit of advertising their wrongs-partly because they want sympathy and partly because it pays. Some of these people do not want the Negro to lose his grievances, because they do not want to lose their jobs."*

    - Booker T. Washington
    Well said Booker T. Washington.




  5. #380

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.

    They aren't some pied pipers that we follow around...give us a little more credit here...we realize them for what they are.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  6. #381
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    I mentioned that the FBI already said there was no bias in case. Just learned they said it
    in a 12-page report and after interviewing 30 people. Yet, OBY has Holder investigaing it. I
    thought the FBI was part of the Justice Dept.

    Hannity's panel was hilarious with some distinguished and highly educated and well dressed
    panelists from both races arguing whether or not civil rights charges should be filed. Quite
    a heated argument and very entertaining.

    Someone said there's a difference between racism and bias. HUH??




  7. #382
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Detroit Michigan
    Posts
    1,908

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.

    They aren't some pied pipers that we follow around...give us a little more credit here...we realize them for what they are.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I understand, but those two are only the poster boys there are many more.

    How about Tavis Smiley's comments:

    "Just another piece of evidence of the incontrovertible contempt that this nation often shows and displays for black men."

    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...#slide=2554392



    University of Penn. Religious professor Athea Butler, "I know that this American god ain’t my god. As a matter of fact, I think he’s a white racist god with a problem.”

    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...eligion-profe/


    I think you could make a case for the many black athletes who have done the same as well. Granted I am sure they feel intense sympathy for the Martin family, but what other intention could they have in making racial comments other than to bring attention to their twitter accounts and ultimately themselves?


    You could also include the entire NAACP for saying this trial was a race issue, when any attorney with even a modicum of judicial sense would recognize race had nothing to do with this trial.
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 07-17-2013 at 07:57 AM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

    –Eleanor Roosevelt




  8. #383

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.

    They aren't some pied pipers that we follow around...give us a little more credit here...we realize them for what they are.
    I appreciate that. Truly.

    However, my problem (and the below is my problem in general, not with you personally, RW) with this whole sordid affair is how race was injected into it (by the media, by the race-hustlers, by the Martin family's attorneys, all of the above) where there was zero evidence it had anything to do with the issue at hand. Given the conditions (rain, darkness, Martin with his hood up) there is a good chance one or both didn't even know the race of the other. Hell, Zimmerman isn't even "white", if he is, then so is Obama by that definition.

    But there it was, front and center, in our face, 24-hours a day. I am all for having an honest discussion on racism in this country, but the amount of energy, and frankly ill-will that was heaped on this one incident really did a disservice to all sides of that topic, imo.

    Do we want to discuss SYG laws (even though that was not material in this case)? I am all for a thorough review of the legal uses of deadly force by citizens....and police for that matter...and the president for that matter (see, Drones). Sure, let's have THAT conversation.

    Do we want to discuss the "reasonable doubt" standard with regards to defendants when the state really doesn't produce material evidence supporting their charges? Sure, let's have THAT conversation, too, but be careful what you wish for, because any lowering of that standard will come down massively on the minority that is already getting the short-end of the "justice process" in America. Or perhaps we think a 90% conviction rate is too low?

    And while we are on that topic, let's talk about how Zimmerman got access to best lawyers money could by...without it, whether he thought he was guilty or not, he probably would have plea-bargained down to the manslaughter charge to avoid serious time. Gee, what defendants in society don't have access to that type of legal help? And some what to make it harder to defend themselves in court.

    There were probably many other factors that could have been reasonably debated as a society in this case, yet we found ourselves at the lowest level, again. Shocking.
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 07-17-2013 at 11:49 AM.




  9. #384
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    FYI, some of you would be really shocked to find out how little the black community respects the Sharptons and Jacksons.
    Calypso Louie too aka Louis Farrakhan?

    Not sure I'd agree about Jessie who earns a ton of money as head of the Rainbow
    Coalition. I saw it for myself when I worked at Social Security on Green Street and he
    spoke at a rally outside the steps.

    There were hundreds of people there, mostly minorities that worshipped him. He's a
    big dude.




  10. #385

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    This is mind-boggling:

    http://legalinsurrection.com/2013/07...y-can-get-him/

    So let's get this straight...a racial crime was not identified by:
    > The local Sanford police department police chief.
    > The local Sanford police department police chief that was brought in after the first one didn't file charges (quickly enough).
    > The DA.
    > The FBI (which interviewed dozens of his neighbors and co-workers).
    > The trial judge.
    > The high-priced attorneys for the Martin family.

    Now, the full weight of the United States Department of Justice is fishing for the crime that none before could find...against one citizen, who had his day in court, and was found "not guilty" by a jury of peers.

    If I was Zimmerman I would be getting very familiar with this info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ition_treaties

    And making 1-way flight reservations.

    "Land of the Free"? "Bill of Rights"?
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 07-17-2013 at 11:59 AM.




  11. #386

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    There is no relevant evidence that contradicts Zimmerman's narrative. That really sums it up. None.

    And if you think there is, you haven't mentioned it.

    I have never talked about strength. I have talked about how you have none on your side, and the small the amount that exists supports (by not contradicting) Zimmerman's claim. Which means it is a farther reach (blind reach, really) to argue he is guilty.

    I agree though, no chance of any progress towards an agreement here, that much is clear.
    Most of the people I have crossed path's with in the past few days who say Zimmerman got off on a "technicality" claim that they can tell that he was lying, most of these people didn't watch one bit of the trial, but he must be guilty because he looks like a liar. Many of these people bought into so much of the "hype"... Lot's of talk about the "grown Man" Zimmerman being far larger then Trayvon, because they compare his trial pictures with the pictures of 12 year old Trayvon, despite the fact that at the time of the incident the football player Trayvon was only 27 pounds less. The skittles and tea reference now makes me laugh, now that I know his phone records are filled with references to "lean" a drug concoction he and his friends make with codeine... and skittles and Arizona watermelon juice... 2 out of 3 of those ingredients were in his possession,. Lot's of talk of the innocent kid, yet he was by his own cell phone records, a drug dealer. The media sold an abominable storyline, that was a near vacuum of truth, and many people bought it, hook line and sinker. SYG constantly mentioned when it had ZERO bearing on the case.

    It's sickening to me.




  12. #387
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Jonboy, I've found the vast majority of people who have a strong opinion about this did not watch one second of the trial.

    Just blindly following what the news tells them.

    Useful idiots.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




  13. #388

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Jonboy, I've found the vast majority of people who have a strong opinion about this did not watch one second of the trial.

    Just blindly following what the news tells them.

    Useful idiots.
    But you just included all of us that did follow the trial, and feel strongly that the jury did their jobs and made the correct decision. I don't understand how you can A) Understand our legal system, and B) follow that trial and C) come to the conclusion hat Justice was not served.

    I can understand someone coming to the conclusion that Zimmerman, "got away with it on a technicality" or something to that nature. But to think in any way that the evidence presented was enough for a conviction is pure lunacy.
    I don't think Zimmerman is a good guy. I don't think he acted very intelligently that nigh, but I wholeheartedly think the was not-guilty in that case.
    From the evidence however, to me, the biggest mistake made that night was Trayvon's unwillingness to flee the scene and GO HOME. Many people say he would be alive if not for Zim following him. I say he would still be alive if HE JUST WENT HOME.




  14. #389

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Calypso Louie too aka Louis Farrakhan?

    Not sure I'd agree about Jessie who earns a ton of money as head of the Rainbow
    Coalition. I saw it for myself when I worked at Social Security on Green Street and he
    spoke at a rally outside the steps.

    There were hundreds of people there, mostly minorities that worshipped him. He's a
    big dude.
    Does Rush Limbaugh speak for all or even the majority of conservatives?

    Just because someone earns a lot of money doesn't mean that they are the point man for a group of people.

    Lois Farrakhan? Lmao.

    I, nor any of my friends or family or anybody I know have listened to a word any of those guys have said about this.

    There is a really big sense of something not being right about the case by myself and others, but it's not being driven by those "leaders"...hell, they are almost always late to whatever cause pops up...we see their agenda and its incredibly insulting to me to have someone of another race try and tell me how we think about them.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.




  15. #390
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Clayton,NC
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: George Zimmerman Trial

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    But you just included all of us that did follow the trial, and feel strongly that the jury did their jobs and made the correct decision. I don't understand how you can A) Understand our legal system, and B) follow that trial and C) come to the conclusion hat Justice was not served.

    I can understand someone coming to the conclusion that Zimmerman, "got away with it on a technicality" or something to that nature. But to think in any way that the evidence presented was enough for a conviction is pure lunacy.
    I don't think Zimmerman is a good guy. I don't think he acted very intelligently that nigh, but I wholeheartedly think the was not-guilty in that case.
    From the evidence however, to me, the biggest mistake made that night was Trayvon's unwillingness to flee the scene and GO HOME. Many people say he would be alive if not for Zim following him. I say he would still be alive if HE JUST WENT HOME.
    I meant the people you were talking about, that think Zimmerman got off a technicality etc.
    We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. - Benjamin Franklin




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland