Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

I saw someone bring up a possibility. Maybe they are just going down the instruction card and are now at Manslaughter. The only thing about that to e, is did it really take them that long to eliminate Murder 2?

Blog Entries

In that case he'd be acquitted by now if they hadn't added manslaughter charges.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Jury looking for clarification on manslaughter instructions ....

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...07-13-18-03-58

IMO, it's either acquittal or manslaughter conviction. My gut tells me acquittal.
    Good call. On point again. Though this tie I think Mrs. HR gave you a tip ;)

Indeed. HR was on point throughout the whole process. And I, as well, suspect much Mrs. HR influence. ;)

A disappointing verdict but not a surprising one.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Justice was served. But it still sucks.

I can say this. If I was Martin's parents, I'd probably want the char for Zimmerman. And if I was Zimmerman's parents I'd want exactly what happened,not guilty.

As an outsider, I will say it's good to see the justice system work and that you still have the ability to defend your own life,

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Justice was served.
    Good to know that killing an unarmed teenager in a situation that you created against the counsel of police counts as self-defense.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Good to know that killing an unarmed teenager in a situation that you created against the counsel of police counts as self-defense.
    Good to know as usual you don't know what you're talking about.

Blog Entries

I'm torn on this. I absolutely didn't think he was guilty of Murder 2, but I thought that he would be found guilty of manslaughter. I guess the facts are too hazy to determine if Trayvon was using deadly force in fighting with Zimmerman, but to me, this almost sets the precedent that if you get into a fist fight with someone in Florida, and they are carrying, they can justifiably shoot you, because fighting represents deadly force. Didn't seem to me that a 16 year old kid would be life threatening in a fight vs a 28 year old taking kickboxing type classes and carrying a gun.

I'm sure a civil suit is coming, that probably makes more sense now anyway.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I'm torn on this. I absolutely didn't think he was guilty of Murder 2, but I thought that he would be found guilty of manslaughter. I guess the facts are too hazy to determine if Trayvon was using deadly force in fighting with Zimmerman, but to me, this almost sets the precedent that if you get into a fist fight with someone in Florida, and they are carrying, they can justifiably shoot you, because fighting represents deadly force. Didn't seem to me that a 16 year old kid would be life threatening in a fight vs a 28 year old taking kickboxing type classes and carrying a gun.

I'm sure a civil suit is coming, that probably makes more sense now anyway.
    That doesn't set the precedent. The precedent is already set. You have the right if you have a reasonable fear of great bodily harm or imminent death, you can use any means necessary up to and including deadly force to stop it.

That's what self-defense is and likely why he was found not guilty.

EDIT: Also, I'm not sure how it works in Florida but in NC if you're found not guilty of self-defense you can't be taken to civil court.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 07-13-2013 at 10:56 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

A disappointing verdict but not a surprising one.
    Why is it disappointing? There was no evidence beyond a reasonable doubt to convict Zimmerman. AAMOF, there was lots of reasonable doubt.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

How do you know that? You don't. Please cite the trial evidence that shows this as fact.