Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I love the emotional, race baiting ploys all over my facebook newsfeed the last few days... completely ridiculous. Trying to paint Trayvon as some honor student, good kid that was killed in cold blood for no reason for minding his own business... with skittles and tea, lmao
    Well it wasn't like he was a thug either. Just an average teenager by all accounts.

But the posts on Facebook are getting out of hand.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I think the biggest risk of an all-female jury came about when the judge allowed the manslaughter option.

I think females may be more susceptible to reaching a 'compromise' verdict, since 'compromising' is generally thought to be an admirable endeavor to reconcile differences (or avoid conflict).

Obviously, this is a harmless stereotype, with absolutely no real evidence to support it. :) But I still believe it may be what we see.
    I think that is the second most likely option. First is a hung jury. Mainly becuase of what you stated here, all women and they would FEEL something needs to be done but not murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Well it wasn't like he was a thug either. Just an average teenager by all accounts.

But the posts on Facebook are getting out of hand.
    The "burglary tool" and women's jewelry found in his backpack are a bit beyond general mischievous teenage activity. The suspensions for truancy, tardiness marijuana possession and graffiti are more in line with normal teenage activity, but certainly push him towards the wrong side of the "average" area.

I give Martins past the same amount of attention I give the claims of racism -- none at all.

For me, this will and does come down to self defense. If the jury views this as self defense, game over.

What's really sad is the people that haven't even viewed this case or trial or even read anything on it are comparing it to Mike Vick.
    They said he got 18 months for killing dogs and he didn't even personally kill the dogs himself.
    They're claiming the world loves dogs more then a black child. Its quite disheartening to say the least. I tried to give them a brief run down of what the defense is trying to defend and the self defense laws and they jumped all over me saying I was just defending the white man. I took the high road and got up from the table. I was at work and its not worth losing my job.

My personal opinion is like many here. Martin did not deserve to be killed but from what the prosecution has done with the case I see no evidence that Zimmerman should get murder. I don't know the rules and laws like most here but don't beat me up to much. I am only giving an opinion.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The "burglary tool" and women's jewelry found in his backpack are a bit beyond general mischievous teenage activity. The suspensions for truancy, tardiness marijuana possession and graffiti are more in line with normal teenage activity, but certainly push him towards the wrong side of the "average" area.
    Sounds like my teenage years ;)

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Sounds like my teenage years ;)
    Did the Airforce know about all that ;)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I give Martins past the same amount of attention I give the claims of racism -- none at all.

For me, this will and does come down to self defense. If the jury views this as self defense, game over.
    Maybe I reading too much into it. But I would think if the jury agreed (or at least all of them) they wouldn't be going home for the night.

As I know is that the media has successfully elevated this trial to a national event.

A lot of people in my area are invested emotionally.

If the verdict doesn't go a certain way, I expect to see some rioting.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Maybe I reading too much into it. But I would think if the jury agreed (or at least all of them) they wouldn't be going home for the night.
    I was on a jury once...hope I never have to go through that experience again.

The case was given to us on a Friday morning; big mistake.

If given the option if I am ever in the position, I think I am asking for trial by judge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I was on a jury once...hope I never have to go through that experience again.

The case was given to us on a Friday morning; big mistake.

If given the option if I am ever in the position, I think I am asking for trial by judge.
    Why was it a big mistake? Did you rush through it becuase it was the weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Did the Airforce know about all that ;)
    Shhhh....LOL