Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Go to your local court and sit in on any of the dozens of voir dire's that occur every day. People get out of jury duty all the time.
    I have. And I am aware people "get out of" jury duty all the time. That doesn't really mean the same as it is optional like you suggest. Plus, there is a fame factor that is a general incentive to want to be on this jury that is separate from the incentives or disincentives involving the actual verdict.

And again, the likelihood of a juror voting to avoid a negative personal consequence increases both as the level of negative consequence increases AND as the ease to which the consequences can be avoided increases. The latter (the ease of avoidance) did just increase. Even if the former does not rise to the level where a juror would convict for 2nd degree murder, it might rise to the level where the juror will convict of manslaughter.

Total stab in the dark .... 15% chance he's found guilty on Murder 2, 35% chance on Manslaughter
    Ok, 35% seems higher than I would have thought based on your posts. Not an insignificant chance. And the 15% is a bit higher than I would have thought as well. It doesn't seem that we are all that far off in our predictions. And as Billick would hilariously say, the odds are 50/50, either they will convict or they won't, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    This closing is HORRIBLE. The Prosecutor is trying to use testimoney of the women who said she saw Zimmerman on top when the shot was fired.
    :grbac:
    gretawire 2:59pm via Echofon

Zimmerman Pros started out strong (I think) in his closing ...now he is fading...I wonder if he is losing jury attention

Blog Entries

gretawire 2:59pm via Echofon

Zimmerman Pros started out strong (I think) in his closing ...now he is fading...I wonder if he is losing jury attention
    What's so bad about this is he is contradicting himself with testimony and then using evidence and then says "you can't have it both ways" talking about Zimmerman, and I am saying no shit, pick one dude.

The best is when he says "I don't know, you decide". Uh... if you don't know how the fuck is the jury?

He also said "The truth doesn't lie".

I was like, no shit, that's why it's called the truth.

He also said Zimmerman had an "overloaded" gun. :insane:

Blog Entries

Just asked the wife.

If the jury was present, that's a HUGE botch on the judges part. The defense is right, he does have an absolute right to remain silent.

This could be cause for a mistrial on appeal. She isn't going to declare a mistrial herself.
    So I looked into it a little more. It appears that she didn't do it while in front of the jury, but she did do it on the record. That was either a HUGE mistake, or she did that on purpose.
    Last edited by NCRAVEN; 07-12-2013 at 06:58 AM. Reason: because I'm an idiot

Blog Entries

These are the dumbest prosecutors since the OJ and Ray's trials.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    These are the dumbest prosecutors since the OJ and Ray's trials.
    Actually Trap there is something that all 3 cases share, lack of evidence. Prosecutors may indeed suck, but no matter how good they are they're not overcoming that.

Watched about 10 minutes of Fox News and an hour of CNN starting at about 4:30pm yesterday before I couldn't take it anymore and had to change the channel to ESPN. I often complain about the coverage and opinion bias on ESPN's programming but my goodness compared to the mainstream news networks, their coverage is practically saintly in terms of relevance and objectivity. Everybody I heard on both networks seemed to WANT Zimmerman to be found guilty so, so much. They were painting this picture of him that just seems really judgmental and counter to what the evidence actually reveals. The malice in their thoughts about this man was palpable.

Actually Trap there is something that all 3 cases share, lack of evidence. Prosecutors may indeed suck, but no matter how good they are they're not overcoming that.
    Agree. The Prosecution has certainly not presented enough evidence for an impartial jury to convict someone of 2nd degree murder, nor manslaughter.

The only questions in my mind, will the jury convict Zimmerman on manslaughter because they "feel" he is in some way illegally responsible for Martin's death?

And will the riots be contained to just Florida, or nationwide?

Blog Entries

Yea, don't forget about the riots man, but I thought they had to offer him a plea bargain
    deal to reduce the charges to manslaughter. They can just do this and the charges are
    suddenly manslaughter if the judge approves???

Blog Entries

Yea, it makes you wonder how they got thru law school. They went after Ray based on
    his celebrity status and absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Even the original investigator
    was relieved from the case for suggesting they don't press charges vs Ray.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Yea, it makes you wonder how they got thru law school. They went after Ray based on
    his celebrity status and absolutely no evidence whatsoever. Even the original investigator
    was relieved from the case for suggesting they don't press charges vs Ray.
    Almost the same thing as the police chief in the Zimmerman case.