Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who's Fred Phelps?
    The douche who protests soldier's funerals because America is too tolerant of them homosexuals and colored folk.

He's a total fringe nut, so much so that even the freaking KKK put out a press release stating they have no affiliation with him or his views.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Who's Fred Phelps?
    The absolute scum of the earth.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Phelps is pastor of Westboro Baptist Church and makes the independent Baptists
    look really bad. Total disgrace but as James Dobson told Larry King, there are
    extreme leftists too.

There's tons of phony pastors and just about anyone you see on TV
    is phony and makes millions from their shows - guys like Binny Henn,
    Creflo Dollar just to name two. See example of Dollar getting arrested for
    battery charges vs his 15-yr old daughter. Charges were eventually dropped
    when he completed anger management courses in a deal with prosecutors.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats/...-arrested.html

Christ said there will be false teachers in my name and these guys are
    it. Christ would never give thanks for someone getting SHOT like Phelps
    did here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qpkxoql4xz0
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-18-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    The douche who protests soldier's funerals because America is too tolerant of them homosexuals and colored folk.

He's a total fringe nut, so much so that even the freaking KKK put out a press release stating they have no affiliation with him or his views.
    Ah.

Yeah, knew of the group but didn't know the dude who was running it.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

I have always felt that there is no way the Black Community could fully, 100% buy into the Al Sharptons and Jessie Jackson's of the world. Just like White people will never fully buy into the Fred Phelpses of the country.

D-bag is a D-bag no matter the hue of the skin.
    Now that I know who he is, I think this is a bad comparison.

Ask most folks on the left and yes, many distance themselves from activists like Al and Jesse, but they have their fare share of supporters.

Even amongst the most hardened conservatives and I doubt very seriously this asshat gets any support at all.

At some point your zealotry pushes you in the world of crazy.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-18-2013 at 03:29 PM.

Blog Entries

Jessie registered over 1M new votes and got 3.5M votes during the presidential
    campaign and became Senator for Wash D.C. and generates millions for his RainBow
    Coalition while enjoying a hefty salary.

I'd say most of the minority population as well as many whites love the guy.

http://rainbowpush.org/pages/jackson_bio

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    campaign and became Senator for Wash D.C. and generates millions for his RainBow

Well, you're wrong.

3.5 million votes doesn't mean that most of the minority population loves him. The total number of minorities in this country absolutely dwarfs that 3.5 million number.

Without getting political...here is someone who most blacks love. Barack Obama. Whether you hate his policies or not, if you want to see what happens when black people love and support, he is the point man. Not Jesse Jackson.

Again, I'm not saying he doesn't have a following. But you are totally overstating it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post

DC doesn't have Senators, only a representative in Congress.

Blog Entries

Just more misinformation out there.

http://news.yahoo.com/zimmerman-juro...005309948.html

Zimmerman didn't claim "stand your ground" self-defense. He just claimed self-defense.

A slam dunk from Sir Charles ...

Use this as your link ... bit.ly/12PQMnV

I always liked Romany as an actor...now I respect him as a man. Very good read.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/07/romany...-sympathizers/

I haven’t touched on the Trayvon Martin issue because race matters in this country are the paralysis of the American people. To constructively discuss Trayvon would require empathy, introspection and an understanding of America’s social and economic history. This is why the open forums we have seen thus far seem to fuel more ignorance and bias than reasonable debate.

To be brutally honest, the only reason people are even aware of Trayvon Martin is because it became a topic within mainstream news and pop culture. Meaning: News directors saw it as a profitable, sensational story. Hundreds of blacks die annually in South Side Chicago without even a blurb. Trayvon isn’t in the mainstream news for any reason other than ratings and profit. The news coverage on the Zimmerman case almost implies that the killing of this young black man is somehow an anomaly and I resent that.

In this country, if it isn’t streamlined through mainstream media and pop culture, it doesn’t seem to warrant national debate. Our “government” continues to wreak havoc on our civil liberties and there is little to no protest from the black community because of media diversion tactics that keep such pertinent issues out of mainstream media. But if Jay-Z or Rihanna were to make mention of it, we’d suddenly be jolted out of our sugar comas and protesting on freeways.

My point being, people are up in arms about Trayvon based on regurgitated pundits and manipulated facts aired to elicit emotion while fueling America’s anger and division. That’s how you boost ratings. No different from Piers Morgan’s desperate rant over gun control when he knew his ratings were in the dumps. And from where I stand, anyone who still relies on corporate-owned media pundits to support an argument isn’t equipped to offer worthwhile solutions.

People are using Trayvon Martin’s death as an excuse to project their own deep-seated issues with racism and will not be capable of intelligent, empathetic debate until they’ve cooled down and afforded themselves an education.
    Addressing Trayvon without first addressing the absence of critical thinking in our schools, the lack of introspection, the reasons for our low tolerance and our country’s skewed value system does nothing more than create a sounding board for the ignorant. So rather than facilitate more racism outcry, I’d like to address young black people specifically.

I believe we lost that trial for Trayvon long before he was killed. Trayvon was doomed the moment ignorance became synonymous with young black America . We lost that case by using media outlets (music, movies, social media, etc.) as vehicles to perpetuate the same negative images and social issues that destroyed the black community in the first place. When we went on record glorifying violent crime and when we voted for a president we never thought to hold accountable. When we signed on to do reality shows that fed into the media’s stereotypes of black men, we ingrained an image of Trayvon Martin so overwhelming that who he actually may have been didn’t matter anymore.

Don’t you find it peculiar that the same media outlets who have worked so diligently to galvanize the negative stigmas of black men in America are now airing open debates on improving the image of black males in American media? Do you honestly think CNN is using their competitive time slots for philanthropy?

“You never want a serious crisis to go to waste.” – Rahm Emanuel

If we really wanted to ensure Trayvon Martin’s killing was not in vain, we’d stop perpetuating negative images that are now synonymous with black men in America. We’d stop rapping about selling drugs and killing niggas. The next time we saw a man beating a woman, we’d call for help or break it up, but one thing we would not do is stand by with our cellphones out — yelling WORLDSTAR! Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we’d reward them for independent and critical thinking.

We’d spend less time subconsciously repeating lyrics about death and murder and more time understanding why we are so willing to twerk to songs that bemean women and boast of having things we cannot afford. We’d set examples of self-love for our youth by honoring our own hair, skin and eye color. We’d stop spending money on designer gear that we should be spending on our physical and psychological health. We’d seek information outside the corporate owned-media that manipulates us. We’d stop letting television babysit our kids and we’d quit regurgitating pundits we haven’t come up with on our own.

Education, introspection, self-love and excellence are the only ways to overcome the wrath of ignorance. So before going back to popping molly and getting Turnt Up, I urge you to consider the implications of your actions. Your child’s life may depend on it.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

OBYs still talking about it. Says it could have been him 35 years ago.

http://main.aol.com/2013/07/14/_n_35...&ncid=webmail1