Page 1 of 36 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

George Zimmerman Trial

Anyone watching or paying attention to this?

http://www.wtsp.com/video/default.as...=2384667563001

His lawyers to me, seem to be waisitng time wiht each witness the State calls. They seem to be asking questions just because they are there. Now I'm now lawyer but if it were me, I wouldn't bother with anyone OR spend too much time with a witness other than to ask them if they could prove Zimmerman confroted Trayvon.

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Not watching a second of it. I am reading up on it when I get the chance though.

Sounds to me both the defense and prosecution had a bad day yesterday. The cursing by the prosecutor and the knock knock joke by the defense both seemed to go over like a sack of hammers.

Once the voice expert was eliminated from the trial, my wife turned to me and said "he's going to e found not guilty" and I tend to agree with her.

For one, he has the wounds on the front and back of his head that are consistent with being punched and the back of the head hitting the ground. Pictures of these wounds were taken by the police the night of the shooting and a paramedic treated him at the scene before he was taken back to the police station. I don't care of the person doing the punching is 17, deadly force is justified in all 50 states for that. Zimmerman's mistake was allowing the police to question him without an attorney.

Second, the 911 operators instructions to "not follow" Travon is a non-starter. These operators are not trained in police tactics yet they're being spun as police instructions.

Zimmerman should have been more professional on the phone with 911 though. His use of "punks" and "assholes" isn't going to help him.

All it takes is one and I don't think the case is strong enough for all 6 to say guilty.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Not watching a second of it. I am reading up on it when I get the chance though.

Sounds to me both the defense and prosecution had a bad day yesterday. The cursing by the prosecutor and the knock knock joke by the defense both seemed to go over like a sack of hammers.

Once the voice expert was eliminated from the trial, my wife turned to me and said "he's going to e found not guilty" and I tend to agree with her.

For one, he has the wounds on the front and back of his head that are consistent with being punched and the back of the head hitting the ground. Pictures of these wounds were taken by the police the night of the shooting and a paramedic treated him at the scene before he was taken back to the police station. I don't care of the person doing the punching is 17, deadly force is justified in all 50 states for that. Zimmerman's mistake was allowing the police to question him without an attorney.

Second, the 911 operators instructions to "not follow" Travon is a non-starter. These operators are not trained in police tactics yet they're being spun as police instructions.

Zimmerman should have been more professional on the phone with 911 though. His use of "punks" and "assholes" isn't going to help him.

All it takes is one and I don't think the case is strong enough for all 6 to say guilty.
    I may have missed part of the tape recording as well but all I recall hearing the operator say was "You don't have to do that" in response to Zimmerman saying he was following the kid. That's not nearly the same as an instruction NOT to follow.

Yeah, the quote from the 911 operator is "Ok, we don't need you to do that".

It's the same kind of cautionary instruction you get from them if you're on the road and a drunk driver is in front of you. They will tell you point blank they don't need you to follow them but if you chose to do so, that's on you.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...zimmerman.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yeah, the quote from the 911 operator is "Ok, we don't need you to do that".

It's the same kind of cautionary instruction you get from them if you're on the road and a drunk driver is in front of you. They will tell you point blank they don't need you to follow them but if you chose to do so, that's on you.

http://www.documentcloud.org/documen...zimmerman.html
    Exactly.

I haven't been following the case much and haven't read anything about it since like the week the shooting happened. Is there any actual evidence that Zimmerman continued to follow him? That Zimmerman ever approached him? I mean isn't there a reasonable doubt about that? Couldn't the kid have noticed Zimmerman following him and then when he backed off, decide to follow him instead? Couldn't the kid have jumped out at him or confronted him or something? I mean, what do we even know by actual hard evidence about how the confrontation occurred? Without that, I don't see how you can prove it wasn't self defense.

Blog Entries

Testimoney today for the HOA PResident said that the police instructed them that they could follow someone at "a safe distance" to observe supicos people.

Not only that. But the guy who said we don't need you to do that testified that he asked if Zimmerman was running because he hear noises that made him think Zimmerman was running, after he said "we don't need you to do that" you no longer hear those noises, which one could conclude would mean that if heard those noises qhen he was running and then he no longer hears those noises after he say not to, that Zimmerman stopped following him...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Exactly.

I haven't been following the case much and haven't read anything about it since like the week the shooting happened. Is there any actual evidence that Zimmerman continued to follow him? That Zimmerman ever approached him? I mean isn't there a reasonable doubt about that? Couldn't the kid have noticed Zimmerman following him and then when he backed off, decide to follow him instead? Couldn't the kid have jumped out at him or confronted him or something? I mean, what do we even know by actual hard evidence about how the confrontation occurred? Without that, I don't see how you can prove it wasn't self defense.
    I've been following it all along, and this is basically what Zimmerman said happen and as far as I can tell EXACTLY what happened.

This whole thing is a tragedy. Martin thought Zimmerman was following him so he ran, Zimmerman thought Martin ran because he was up to no good. And then it seems the met and a fight broke out with no proof of who started it.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I've been following it all along, and this is basically what Zimmerman said happen and as far as I can tell EXACTLY what happened.

This whole thing is a tragedy. Martin thought Zimmerman was following him so he ran, Zimmerman thought Martin ran because he was up to no good. And then it seems the met and a fight broke out with no proof of who started it.
    Yeah, that's kind of where I am at as well.

Very sad. But do I want to throw away another life as a result? Nope.

Blog Entries

The last witness today just got destroyed in cross. It was few hours she was on the stand but Zimmerman's attorney all but showed her as making up new memories or fibbing (since she never mentioned details before) and then asked her why she signed the petition on change.org for "justice for our son, prosecute the killer of Treyvon Martin".

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The last witness today just got destroyed in cross. It was few hours she was on the stand but Zimmerman's attorney all but showed her as making up new memories or fibbing (since she never mentioned details before) and then asked her why she signed the petition on change.org for "justice for our son, prosecute the killer of Treyvon Martin".
    What witnesses do they even have? Like I said I haven't been following and the last I heard (the week of the incident) there weren't really any witnesses that actually saw anything happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    What witnesses do they even have? Like I said I haven't been following and the last I heard (the week of the incident) there weren't really any witnesses that actually saw anything happen.
    That's the thing. She didn't see or hear anything significant. Today she said that she heard running from left to right, she NEVER said that before.

Zimmerman's attorney did a prett good job of asking her about her meetings with the state and how she never said that before to make it look like she was making that up.

So far the State is doing nothing but asking people about evidence as if they are trying to prove that Treyvon has been killed. I am sitting her going "we know somoene has been killed, are you going to bring up somoene to prove your theory of intent". Not yet.

This whole case should have never gone to court. The original prosecutor didn't even want to press charges. After the media circus that ensued, they were pretty much forced to. Everyone is so quick to play the race card these days.

Like his defense attorney said, it is a sad case. I hope he gets acquitted and can somehow go back to a normal life.