Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    so whats the over/under on the Jury's deliberation? 1.5 hours?
    Anything more than that and Zimmerman is going to get screwed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Anything more than that and Zimmerman is going to get screwed.
    It happens but I really dont see it happening in this case.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It happens but I really dont see it happening in this case.
    The only possible way I see it is if the jury doesn't realizes that following someone is not a crime. And buys the theory that saying "these fucking punks", these assholes" etc. shows ill will or spite and justifies 2nd degree murder, but then how do oyu get away from self-defense?

The prosecution got a good win today. They made the defense self defense expert look shaky, IMO.

Still think this *should* be a slam dunk for the defense. They're forensic expert was devastating to the prosecution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The prosecution got a good win today. They made the defense self defense expert look shaky, IMO.

Still think this *should* be a slam dunk for the defense. They're forensic expert was devastating to the prosecution.
    I thought both sides did well with him, for the most part. The redirect was good up until the lunch break.

Blog Entries

Anyone think Zimmerman is going to testify?

It seems to me he wants to! But it looks like his attorne's are saying not to, and who can blame them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Anyone think Zimmerman is going to testify?

It seems to me he wants to! But it looks like his attorne's are saying not to, and who can blame them?
    well seeing as his little trip around the media before the trial is where a lot of the discrepancies in his story are coming from i can definitely see why they wouldnt want him to start talking again. Im sure hell do the rounds again after the verdict... if hes not in jail.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

well seeing as his little trip around the media before the trial is where a lot of the discrepancies in his story are coming from i can definitely see why they wouldnt want him to start talking again. Im sure hell do the rounds again after the verdict... if hes not in jail.
    I smell some bitterness or something :)

On a serious note. Have you ever been in a car accident? Ever told that story more than once? Ever tell that story that exact same way?

Blog Entries

So HR. You may know, or ask Mrs, HR. Why are people talking about a mistrial here?

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...ll-not-testify

Are they assuming that the judge was asking in front of the jury or something?

Just asked the wife.

If the jury was present, that's a HUGE botch on the judges part. The defense is right, he does have an absolute right to remain silent.

This could be cause for a mistrial on appeal. She isn't going to declare a mistrial herself.

Blog Entries

It doesn't appear as if the jury was present. So unless there is some other issue (her asking before the trial was over) I don't know why people were saying that.

I was watching Fox tonight (something I haven't done since election night) because I knew they'd be talking about it. It appears the prosecution is looking to have the jury consider lesser charges. May mean nothing, or could mean the fell none too good about it, I think the forensic expert blew every theory they had apart.

If in the 11th hour, a prosecutor is seeking lesser charges, it means they're not confident they're going to get a conviction on the charges before the court now.

If he's found not guilty, they cannot come back and charge him with anything so they have to try and amend the charge or offer up the lesser charge now.