Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 33343536 LastLast

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I always liked Romany as an actor...now I respect him as a man. Very good read.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/07/romany...-sympathizers/
    What Romany said goes far beyond just blacks. The whole country is subversive to big media because we have the attention span of terrier on a caffeine binge. That's why I rolled my eyes when all these celebrities twitted about the outcome of the trial. None of them bothered to watch a single second of the trial, yet all felt it necessary to say what a travesty the non-guilty verdict was.

The real tragedy is that Trevon Martin was raised in an environment where he felt it perfectly alright to try to attack a stranger.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    OBYs still talking about it. Says it could have been him 35 years ago.

http://main.aol.com/2013/07/14/_n_35...&ncid=webmail1
    What the President said is fucking despicable.

He basically said that it's okay for black people to be pissed about this because, basically everyone is racist towards black people and that's why Zimmerman thought Trayvon was suspicious.

Per usual, the great unifier is picking sides and giving fuel to the riots/rallies instead of calming them down. Fuck him, no good worthless piece of shit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Now that I know who he is, I think this is a bad comparison.

Ask most folks on the left and yes, many distance themselves from activists like Al and Jesse, but they have their fare share of supporters.

Even amongst the most hardened conservatives and I doubt very seriously this asshat gets any support at all.

At some point your zealotry pushes you in the world of crazy.
    My point was that just because someone claims to speak for a group of people doesn't mean said group are behind them.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It's the "vocal minority" that always gets the press.

What's going to sell more papers: A Christian like me who says, "Eh, gays can do whatever they want" or supposed christian like Phelps saying "We're all going to hell because those two men kissed!"
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I always liked Romany as an actor...now I respect him as a man. Very good read.

http://www.eurweb.com/2013/07/romany...-sympathizers/
    Nice message.

I particularly like this sentence:

Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we’d reward them for independent and critical thinking.

I've been saying this for years. Our education system is totally messed up, and this is just one of many reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

What's going to sell more papers: A Christian like me who says, "Eh, gays can do whatever they want" or supposed christian like Phelps saying "We're all going to hell because those two men kissed!"
    Exactly. In my area, there are numerous Episcopal churches flying rainbow flags and posting messages of support for the gay community. They don't make the news, it's the ones making a ruckus that make the news.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    Nice message.

I particularly like this sentence:

Instead of rewarding kids for memorization, we’d reward them for independent and critical thinking.

I've been saying this for years. Our education system is totally messed up, and this is just one of many reasons.
    We can thank standardized testing for that mess.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

George helped rescued a family of four from an overturned truck, according to multiple news outlets.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    We can thank standardized testing for that mess.
    Bush's "no child left behind" act was a terrible idea and should've been repelled after the first year. Our last two presidents have passed huge, over-reaching laws that have completely screwed the people they were supposed to be helping.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    George helped rescued a family of four from an overturned truck, according to multiple news outlets.
    It's good to hear things like this, but I also hope at some point, he reaches out to Martin's family and personally expresses his remorse at what happened to Trayvon. He may not be found guilty of any crime, but his brother said he's remorseful that it had to end in Trayvon's death, and to me at least, it would go a long way to showing that he's sincere about that.

Maybe he did before the trial and I missed it?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    It's good to hear things like this, but I also hope at some point, he reaches out to Martin's family and personally expresses his remorse at what happened to Trayvon. He may not be found guilty of any crime, but his brother said he's remorseful that it had to end in Trayvon's death, and to me at least, it would go a long way to showing that he's sincere about that.

Maybe he did before the trial and I missed it?
    He tried, and not that I blame the family but I don't think the apology was accepted.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Christians shouldn't judge non-Christians in this manner. Phelps, like me, is still sinning. So are homosexuals. Whatever Phelps sins are they are no better than gay sex, but Phelps is the one who claims to be a Christian and thus should be worrying about the plank in his own eye instead of the speck in some other's eye.

We should expect non-believers to commit sins, Christians do! We should be worrying about the sin going on with our fellow Christians and be calling them out on that and not living out the Gospel, such as caring for the poor, etc. I wonder when the last time Phelps was on an AIDS mission trip in Africa?