Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: George Zimmerman Trial

I thought the prosecutions closing statement was pretty good. It painted a portrait of a plausible scenario using what little to no evidence there is. I expect the reverse to be said today in similar fashion. What else can you really expect?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I thought the prosecutions closing statement was pretty good. It painted a portrait of a plausible scenario using what little to no evidence there is. I expect the reverse to be said today in similar fashion. What else can you really expect?
    In the grand scheme of things it wasn't bad. However, you don't get to say to the jury "you decide" "what do you think". It's here's what we have proven, and they haven't ever proven anything.

I thought the defenses was pretty good, especially the end. Telling the jury if you go back and the first thing you do is, "do I think Zimmerman had a reasonable fear of great bdily harm, you are don, it's over". The ONLY thing I would have done is show the picutre of his nose and ask, if this were you, would you have feared there was going to be more great bodily harm?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In the grand scheme of things it wasn't bad. However, you don't get to say to the jury "you decide" "what do you think". It's here's what we have proven, and they haven't ever proven anything.

I thought the defenses was pretty good, especially the end. Telling the jury if you go back and the first thing you do is, "do I think Zimmerman had a reasonable fear of great bdily harm, you are don, it's over". The ONLY thing I would have done is show the picutre of his nose and ask, if this were you, would you have feared there was going to be more great bodily harm?
    semantics... it is their decision and their opinion on what hes laying out as being true or not. I still think the same can be said in reverse, they didnt exactly PROVE he didnt do it either. although they dont really have to, that burden is on the state. both scenarios are still plausible and fact is well never know those pivotal moments. we have evidence leading up to, and after, but nothing but his word and the word of Jeantell to really decide one way or the other on how it started.

Ill have to check out the defense on monday but I do think without much effort they can have a convincing closing statement. Prosecution gets the last word though.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

semantics... it is their decision and their opinion on what hes laying out as being true or not. I still think the same can be said in reverse, they didnt exactly PROVE he didnt do it either. although they dont really have to, that burden is on the state. both scenarios are still plausible and fact is well never know those pivotal moments. we have evidence leading up to, and after, but nothing but his word and the word of Jeantell to really decide one way or the other on how it started.
    It's not semantics at all. You are not supposed to convict someone of murder on what the prosecution has suggested are possibilities.

I would guess if you were in Zimmermans's shoes you wwouldn't want someone sending you to jail for the rest of your life based on what was plausible. Would that be safe to assume?

Ill have to check out the defense on monday but I do think without much effort they can have a convincing closing statement. Prosecution gets the last word though.
    Prosecution got the last word and it not only was it fake forced boohoo act (that was clear as day he was faking it) but it was more of Zimmerman lied so that means we proved he murdered out of hate and didn't act in self-defense.

I mean, do you think he didn't act out of self-defense, JAB?

The news coverage on this is all over the place lately.

I was watching Today with the wife this morning and both of their legal analysts said Zimmerman will be found guilty. But then I bounced over to CNN and Ashleigh Banfield and the two talking heads she had were convinced he will be acquitted.

To be honest, I have no idea at this point. I thought the defense really lost the momentum going into closing arguments. And I wasn't impressed with their closing either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's not semantics at all. You are not supposed to convict someone of murder on what the prosecution has suggested are possibilities.

I would guess if you were in Zimmermans's shoes you wwouldn't want someone sending you to jail for the rest of your life based on what was plausible. Would that be safe to assume?
    It doesnt matter though. Its their choice ultimately. so saying that its up to them to decide what little evidence we have is enough is all hes saying. Whats he going to say? We cant prove anything so I have no closing statement? Id hope the jury realizes that there isnt enough, but ultimately it is their decision so saying such i have no issue with.

Prosecution got the last word and it not only was it fake forced boohoo act (that was clear as day he was faking it) but it was more of Zimmerman lied so that means we proved he murdered out of hate and didn't act in self-defense.

I mean, do you think he didn't act out of self-defense, JAB?
    ive said it appears he defended himself from an attack. the question is if his use of lethal force was justified or not. We clearly see his injuries and to what extent theyd continue differently. This entire time ive been told that things match Zimmermans account so he must not be lying, but theres been plenty of lies and other ways those same things could have happened that mean he could be. Im not saying he should be named guilty. Ive been adamant about that since the beginning and nothing has changed. If it was the other way around and the prosecution only had to raise reasonable doubt id say they accomplished that, but thats not the law and he certainly shouldnt be convicted because of doubt. there isnt enough proof to say hes guilty of anything, since they have the ass backwards law that allows one to start the fight and still claim self defense (even though the original victim was unarmed), despite personally feeling that hes likely leaving out details or lying about some things that could alter that outcome. I said he walks, and i still feel he will rightfully, just because i feel theres more to the story doesnt mean there is. I accept the possibility of being wrong and i dont think somebody should go to jail for that. Id hope being on the jury theyd have the same thought.
    -JAB

Here's a biographical breakdown of the jurors. They now have the case.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...juror-profiles

Blog Entries

How did they get all women on the jury vs a male? It should have been even or
    at least 1 or 2 males. Someone was drunk on the defense side when they picked them.

I just beat a rap in traffic court and the female judge is known for giving the max sentence to males, especially guys with DUIs. A friend said you're about the only guy in the county she let go. She said she could give me the max penalty of $1,000 fine and 60 days in jail do you have anything to say for yourself. I said I certainly do and cited a law that protected me. My lawyer said I had a good defense. So finally she dismissed the case and said she was only doing it because of the law and if she ever saw me in her courtroom again she was throwing the book at me. She was a femme nazi. I wonder how many
    of the women on this jury are like that.

Also, the TV asked: did the prosecution prove hatred and spite on Zs part? That's all they had to prove - right? I haven't read all these posts but did anyone here say anything about
    proving hatred and spite? The hate crime angle was all they had to go on.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 07-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Here's a biographical breakdown of the jurors. They now have the case.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...juror-profiles
    Hmmmm... Wh fell asleep when they let B51 get on the jury. And perhaps the last one too. I'm guessing hung jury or manslaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Also, the TV asked: did the prosecution prove hatred and spite on Zs part? That's all they had to prove - right? I haven't read all these posts but did anyone here say anything about
    proving hatred and spite? The hate crime angle was all they had to go on.
    I didn't think so and I didn't really think anyone else did either. I saw a Yahoo! poll while closing arguments were made were 70+% thought he was not guilty....

Blog Entries

Thanks but don't forget, about 70% was vs O BUMMER CARE and the court voted for it
    anyway so you never know.

Good point on the hung jury.

I think the biggest risk of an all-female jury came about when the judge allowed the manslaughter option.

I think females may be more susceptible to reaching a 'compromise' verdict, since 'compromising' is generally thought to be an admirable endeavor to reconcile differences (or avoid conflict).

Obviously, this is a harmless stereotype, with absolutely no real evidence to support it. :) But I still believe it may be what we see.

I love the emotional, race baiting ploys all over my facebook newsfeed the last few days... completely ridiculous. Trying to paint Trayvon as some honor student, good kid that was killed in cold blood for no reason for minding his own business... with skittles and tea, lmao