Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Speaking of off-season, OT topics, the Ravens and Miami Heat...

I think I'm going to stab out my eyes....

"...The Ravens' social media team took to both Twitter and Instagram to poke fun at the size of the Heat's NBA championship parade...."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...a-title-parade

Re: Speaking of off-season, OT topics, the Ravens and Miami Heat...

It's us against the world...or something like that.

Why will heat fans be laughing at the Ravens? Their Dolphins are going to get smoked and they re waaaay overpaying Ellerbe.

Quote Originally Posted by HKusp View Post
    Why will heat fans be laughing at the Ravens? Their Dolphins are going to get smoked and they re waaaay overpaying Ellerbe.
    Haha right

400,000? Yeah, ok...

I personally thought this was completely unnecessary for the Ravens to have done...and frankly beneath the an organization that typically has a lot of class. Even if it was true, there was no need for the Ravens to post this.

And the fact that double the amount of fans were at that Heat parade just makes the Ravens posts look even worse.

Whoever is in control of the Ravens twitter account needs to be bitch-slapped. There is no reason to try to make yourself look good by denigrating someone else. It always backfires and looks classless.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Whoever is in control of the Ravens twitter account needs to be bitch-slapped. There is no reason to try to make yourself look good by denigrating someone else. It always backfires and looks classless.
    Usually I agree, but this one was kinda funny
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Hahaha at the last paragraph of that article,

"And if Heat fans literally want the last laugh, they can show up at Sun Life Stadium on Oct. 6 and laugh at the Ravens when the Dolphins host Baltimore in Week 5 of NFL regular season."
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post
    I personally thought this was completely unnecessary for the Ravens to have done...and frankly beneath the an organization that typically has a lot of class. Even if it was true, there was no need for the Ravens to post this.

And the fact that double the amount of fans were at that Heat parade just makes the Ravens posts look even worse.
    Agreed.

And the sad part is that it wasn't true. There are a ton of other photos that show they just as many people as we did.

Agreed. I'm sure someone got called into Kevin Byrne's office (after Byrne got a call from Dick Cass) and had some serious "splainin" to do!

Just another example of the dangers of social media and Twitter.....
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by acisking View Post

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

And the sad part is that it wasn't true. There are a ton of other photos that show they just as many people as we did.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Agreed. I'm sure someone got called into Kevin Byrne's office (after Byrne got a call from Dick Cass) and had some serious "splainin" to do!

Just another example of the dangers of social media and Twitter.....
    I saw the Ravens tweet about this yesterday and even before knowing how many fans were down there in Miami I thought it was ridiculous and unnecessary.

Remember they pulled that stunt last year with the Orioles...our own freaking hometown baseball team when they posted the picture of the two empty statdiums and asked fans to share if they'd rather be in M&T than Orioles Park.

For some odd, bizarre, crazy reason, whoever is in charge of the Ravens social media has been antagonistic...as if they have a real inferiority complex and feel a need to take shots at not just other football franchises, but other franchises in other sports. Even if this were a shot at the Steelers, I'd feel uncomfortable with it coming from an "official" Ravens media person as that is not their place.

This isn't a big deal, but I'm sure Byrne and even Cass aren't happy with this...it's silly PR that since it came from the official Ravens account makes them look bad and frankly, I'm sure Cass and Bisciotti are looking for any and all ways to make fans all throughout the country (and beyond) and because our market expansion footprint is limited, I'm sure they'd like as many fans as possible, even potential Miami bandwagon fans.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.