Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Torrey Smith and his Twitter War with Pats Fans

Haha I got into it with a couple of them. It was a slow night at work... what a bunch of classless assholes though. Making comments about his race and his family is just insanity
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The worst thing to happen in sports was for teams in that damn state to start winning. You would have thought the Red Sox were kicking ass for three decades straight.
    Truer bytes never posted. I have never seen a hangdog poor-poor-pitiful-us fanbase morph so rapidly into a swarm of arrogant self-entitled assholes as happened when the Sawx finally lifted the Curse of the Bambino. (Made Game 162 of 2011 all the sweeter!)

And honestly, I'm surprised they haven't pulled out the 'S' word for Hernandez yet. You know it's coming.
    IMHO much of the worst racism in this country comes from hyphenated-Americans who got crapped on fresh off the boat but over decades clawed their way to a modicum of respectability--& who are now royally pissed that the law says they don't get to crap on the next group down. I'm thinking in particular of a couple of home countries whose names start with the letter "I"...both of which are represented in force up in Beantown.

FWIW, I was following the exchange last night and it was all started by a Pats fan, who unsolicitedly post a picture of an arcade game with a motorcycle on it and asked if it was too soon for Torrey to put it in his house.

https://twitter.com/DeadLikeTupac/st...948608/photo/1

Lower than low.......
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    FWIW, I was following the exchange last night and it was all started by a Pats fan, who unsolicitedly post a picture of an arcade game with a motorcycle on it and asked if it was too soon for Torrey to put it in his house.

Lower than low.......
    how the F is that dude a yankees fan? what a freaking tool

Free Max B
    @DeadLikeTupac

My mentions aren't a place for your faggotry #Celtics #Patriots #Yankees #Bruins #BullyGang #CokeWave

Blog Entries

Lower than low.......
    oh i saw that, but I assumed it was a friend of his talking about the video game, not the motorcycle reference
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Sifting through his feed, I found this, might help us feel better...

Free Max B ‏@DeadLikeTupac 11h
    I tweeted @TorreySmithWR some foul shit and my team falls apart smmfh. Karma is a bitch
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Lower than low.......
    Sad... It makes me mad because Torrey is such a class guy. I got a chance to meet him, and he was great to talk to.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Sifting through his feed, I found this, might help us feel better...
    Good. Hopefully he realizes that being a d-bag doesn't pay off.

Some New England fans are pretty nasty. Are there more nasty fans than we see in Baltimore? Doubtful. I ran into many great fans on NE road trips, and a few assholes. I really don't think there's much difference in the fan bases along the NE Corridor.

Torrey is a very likeable kid who doesn't deserve the crap from the New England fans under these two Twitter incidents. Perhaps he should lay off Twitter. Really, what does it gain him?

btw, re the bitch who taunted him about his brother's death: a friend of ours who works at Hopkins told me a few months ago that she was still working there.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Perhaps Ted.

But if there are documented public outbursts of racism by Ravens fans towards others, I've yet to see it.

However, Boston has a long history of it and their fans have done this more than once.

Every fanbase has their share of racist a-holes but it does seem that Boston has more then any other city. There is the stuff with Torrey this past year and Joel Ward of the Capitals last year. Shoot, it's not even just opposing players. Look at the trouble Bill Russell had there during his playing days. I realize that was a different time period but you would think the morons would at least appreciate one of their own iconic players.

There was a time 8-10 years ago when I actually rooted for Boston teams, especially the Red Sox against the Yankees (since at the time the O's were insignificant). When Boston came back from the 3-0 deficit in the ALCS to beat the Yankees, it was one of my favorite non-Baltimore sports memories. Those days are now gone. Since then it's been obvious to me that the Boston fan mentality is a feeling of entitlement. I never thought it would be possible but I think atm I hate Boston/NE fans more then New York fans.

I live in Boston and I meet a lot of good sports fans. I wear Ravens gear all the time and rarely have trouble. Unfortunately, all it takes is a few bad fans to make an entire fanbase look bad. I have met some of them up here too. But I have seen idiots in a lot of cities, including Baltimore, have a few too many beers and then say or do something they would not do sober. Kinda sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cj34 View Post
    Every fanbase has their share of racist a-holes but it does seem that Boston has more then any other city. There is the stuff with Torrey this past year and Joel Ward of the Capitals last year. Shoot, it's not even just opposing players. Look at the trouble Bill Russell had there during his playing days. I realize that was a different time period but you would think the morons would at least appreciate one of their own iconic players.

There was a time 8-10 years ago when I actually rooted for Boston teams, especially the Red Sox against the Yankees (since at the time the O's were insignificant). When Boston came back from the 3-0 deficit in the ALCS to beat the Yankees, it was one of my favorite non-Baltimore sports memories. Those days are now gone. Since then it's been obvious to me that the Boston fan mentality is a feeling of entitlement. I never thought it would be possible but I think atm I hate Boston/NE fans more then New York fans.
    Agreed. I used to root for all Boston sports team -- "if not us, then them" kinda thing.

That's what makes this so bad. At least Yankee fans running their mouths are standing on 27 championships. Bosox fans cheat their way to two WS (you may remember their two best hitters were busted for PED's) and they act up WORSE than the Yankee fans they always complained about. Same with the Pats. How many years did they suck? How long did it take them to win one championship of any kind? Forty-one. Then they win a couple (with big asterisks on them) and act like they have dominated pro football since the dawn of time.

I've only come even close to one altercation with a visiting fan, having gone to pretty much every home game the Ravens have ever played. Wanna guess what team he was a fan of?
    "Chin up, chest out."