Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Torrey Smith and his Twitter War with Pats Fans

So last night, Smith was asked a pretty tame question of who he will be rooting for in the NHL playoffs.

To wit, he responded ...

"CHI I hate everything about NE except KG"

Well, that went viral and he spent all night defending those words, getting called the N word (which doesn't surprise me about NE / Boston fans), and getting called a thug.

The rest is on his feed. He doubled down and did not delete the exchanges.

If you will recall, it was a Pats fan who lives in Baltimore who mocked the death of his brother on Twitter so much so she basically went into hiding.

Personally, I'm get a little tired of this stuff and he brought this particular incident on himself. That fan base in particular is nasty, racist and so far up their own asses they can see daylight. Why bother provoking them?
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-23-2013 at 09:20 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: Torrey Smith and his Twitter War with Pats Fans

Fuck them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I looked at his twitter feed...honestly, he didn't say anything much. Even in the AFCC, Pats fans were saying some shit about his brother and racist stuff. Would we be surprised if Troy Polamalu says he doesn't like anything about Baltimore?

Also, Torrey clarified that he's fine with the fans, coaches, and owners. It's just the fans.

I don't have any problem with him saying that, this wasn't the BA "gimmick offense" type stuff.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

The Boston fanbase is one of, if not the worst fanbases in all of sports.

I guarantee that they have all their panties in a bunch over this Hernandez crap and even though he's got a worse situation that Ray Lewis did (at least imo), they're not ever going to consider them even the slightest bit similar.

Screw Boston.
    "A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football." - Ray Lewis

Meh, in whats otherwise a slow off-season (for us) I don't mind a little controversy to make things interesting. The Hernandez story all but guarantee's this won't get much traction anyway.

The fans are just pretty much guaranteeing he torches them when the two teams meet. To be honest, we as fans put a lot of stock in the Baltimore/Pittsburgh rivalry and rightfully so, but as soon as I saw Ray Rice take a handoff 83 yds for a TD, I felt that would be the next great rivalry for us.

So far it's ramping up quite nicely, but the Pats fans are taking it way farther than most Steelers fans dare travel. But what can we say, its Boston, the east coast's biggest cesspool outside of Jersey.

Blog Entries
    What do you expect from massholes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    What do you expect from massholes?

I liked this one. Anyone know what happened to the girl who mocked his brother's death?

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The fans are just pretty much guaranteeing he torches them when the two teams meet. To be honest, we as fans put a lot of stock in the Baltimore/Pittsburgh rivalry and rightfully so, but as soon as I saw Ray Rice take a handoff 83 yds for a TD, I felt that would be the next great rivalry for us.

So far it's ramping up quite nicely, but the Pats fans are taking it way farther than most Steelers fans dare travel. But what can we say, its Boston, the east coast's biggest cesspool outside of Jersey.
    Maybe I've totally missed it, but I dont ever recall fans of either Bmore or Pitt ever dropping the N-word. Ever.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I liked this one. Anyone know what happened to the girl who mocked his brother's death?
    I think she got fired from her job.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think she got fired from her job.
    There are quite a few JHU employees who post here so maybe they can confirm, but I believe she's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Maybe I've totally missed it, but I dont ever recall fans of either Bmore or Pitt ever dropping the N-word. Ever.
    Ride a bus in Baltimore City.
    Any city for that matter.

Point being there are A-holes everywhere of every type, color and description. There are good folks too. In fact there are usually a lot more good folks than bad folks, but the good folks too often keep their mouths shut and don't tell the A-holes it's uncool to be A-holes. ;)

I'm not a big fan of social media. Leaves you too open and provides too much opportunity to be misunderstood if you aren't real careful.
    If that's you're thing - cool. Just don't be surprised when people attack you.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!