Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT - Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    SF is the right place for BA. Wonder what he was doing to make him take off his ring and forget it? LOL
    Only a moron would think this is a funny comment in 2013. Take this garbage back to the mid-80's and it might not sink like a stone.
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

A stolen SB ring would be hard to sell. No reputable auction house/Dealer would buy it without collecting your personal info and reporting the purchase. In MD, VA, PA, NJ, DE as well as likely elsewhere, precious metal purchases require item description along with a state issued ID. IF the business correctly reported that as required by law it would be very easy to track down the original owner. IT's still stolen if it was left in a restaurant, engraved with someone else's name in it. Due to the value, that could cause jail time easily.

Blog Entries

I think Vladimir Putin stole BA's Super Bowl ring... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I think Vladimir Putin stole BA's Super Bowl ring... Bc
    maybe your sister in law sat on it, and it disappeared in amongst the rolls...

iggyman555 Guest

Re: Brendon Ayanbedejo almost lost his ring already

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    That SB ring was worth $30,000 but my point was, most people don't turn stuff in when
    they find them no matter what the value is. No one else could wear the glasses.

The rings are so huge and heavy most players don't wear them. As Joe said it really
    not practical. Most of the old Ravens on TV don't wear theirs. I see Quadry wearing his
    with Jerry Sandusky on TV and Billick wearing his. Ray is wearing both of his right now
    but most of the guys that spoke to our club didn't have theirs. One guy did and passed
    it around the room as he spoke which was cool. Everyone got a chance to try it on.

It's a monument to the hand. Mike Curtis said he wears his ring just to show he did
    something important once-lol. But those rings are much smaller.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    LOL...you could be right, but I'm not gonna try to search those hidden areas where no man has gone before... Bc

Blog Entries

Damn Jon, there must be something in the water.

BC was right. Putin stole Kraft's SB ring. Kraft let him try it on and he walked off with it.
    A PR spokes man for the Kremlin said it was a gift from Kraft or that was the understanding.

Nothing like starting an international incident over a Super Bowl ring.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/06/robe...per-bowl-ring/

A stolen SB ring would be hard to sell. No reputable auction house/Dealer would buy it without collecting your personal info and reporting the purchase. In MD, VA, PA, NJ, DE as well as likely elsewhere, precious metal purchases require item description along with a state issued ID. IF the business correctly reported that as required by law it would be very easy to track down the original owner. IT's still stolen if it was left in a restaurant, engraved with someone else's name in it. Due to the value, that could cause jail time easily.
    You're probably just better off mailing the ring and a letter to the player saying "I just returned a priceless item to you...I scratch your back, you scratch my back???"

But it would probably work a little better if it wasn't some douchey special teams player. Maybe if it was somebody like Peyton Manning or Ray Lewis you could really get something out of it.

Strictly speaking, there are ways around this.

Theft has a statute of limitations. If you happened to be the one to find the ring and successfully hid the fact you removed the ring, all you'd have to do is keep it (and keep your mouth shut) until the statute runs out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    But it would probably work a little better if it wasn't some douchey special teams player.
    You do realize BA had a big hand in Jacoby's SB KR TD, right? He was one of the two guys literally CARRYING a block down the field to prevent the guy from trying to catch Jacoby.

One or two mistakes shouldn't taint a guy's legacy that much. I suppose Ray Rice is a douchey RB for fumbling 3 times in the playoffs?

In any case, you'd be more likely to get something from one of those ST players than you would from a big time superstar.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    You do realize BA had a big hand in Jacoby's SB KR TD, right? He was one of the two guys literally CARRYING a block down the field to prevent the guy from trying to catch Jacoby.

One or two mistakes shouldn't taint a guy's legacy that much. I suppose Ray Rice is a douchey RB for fumbling 3 times in the playoffs?

In any case, you'd be more likely to get something from one of those ST players than you would from a big time superstar.
    I was saying douchy because of his personality, not his play on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackmaster View Post
    I was saying douchy because of his personality, not his play on the field.
    Yea I hate non-stars who work with charities and advocacy programs trying to help those less fortunate. What jerks.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron