There is a thread about the Top 100 List, which IMHO is no different than a group of fans throwing out opinions. This article by Gregg Rosenthal though raises an interesting point:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...op-100-players

Is the measure of the quality of a QB the regular season performance or the playoff run? Or a combination of the two? Would you rather have a QB that gathers stats of Worldly Proportions in the Regular Season, but only has one Ring? Is consistency in the regular and post-season more important than what Flacco has done; especially in the 2012 Playoff Run?

I do not think it is as simple as Rosenthal's view. There are QB's that you can count on when they get the ball at the end of the game. At the Super Bowl, I was convinced that SF would score on that last drive and the first thing I did was look at the clock to figure out how much time Joe would have to work the ball down the field. My first thought was that he would have to step up at the pressure time, but I was more concerned about somebody dropping a pass or fumbling the ball than on Joe's ability to drive to a win. I just remember the games that he moved the team and somebody missed a FG (Minnesota, 2009; NE, 2011) or dropped a pass (Evans, Boldin, TJ, Taylor). Joe is not in the spotlight like those that first come to mind, but I still feel he can do "it."

Having said all of that though, I would like to see more consistency in the regular season; but if I have to live with that and get into the playoffs with him at the helm, I can live with it.