Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Virulent Racism in the Democratic Party

Since the sins of a few seen to be representative of the collective (or at least the majority) and the ill informed and ignorant words of a couple of children also pass as qualifiers, it would seem both parties of the two party system are a bunch of hay seed, back woods racists.

It was the Democrats who kept Grand Kleagle Byrd in the party for decades.

It was Democrats who called General Colin Powell and Justice Clarence Thomas a "house n-gger" and Uncle Tom.

It was Democrats who called Condi Rice - who grew up with and knew the little girls in Birmingham who were blown up, by Democrats - an "Aunt Jemima" and ran cartoons of her with fat lips.

And remind me again all the crap black celebs like Stacy Dash get called when they come out and support Republicans?

If the sins of a few pass as group think, well, here you go aka.

Re: Virulent Racism in the Democratic Party

George Wallace.

(drops mic)

Picks mic back up ...

“I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy. I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” -- Joe Biden

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.” -- Joe Biden

Quoting Joe Biden is almost like hitting below the belt. Just not fair!

"Some junior high n*gger kicked Steve’s ass while he was trying to help his brothers out; junior high or sophomore in high school. Whatever it was, Steve had the n*gger down. However it was, it was Steve’s fault. He had the n*gger down, he let him up. The n*gger blindsided him.“ – Roger Clinton, the President’s brother on audiotape

Hmm. No word from aka.

Maybe she just hasn't seen it yet.

Robert Byrd anyone? Former Klansman and West Virginia Senator who served until passing away in 2010.

Famous for filibustering the civil rights act of 1964, and the only man to vote against both of the African American supreme court justices.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Crickets from aka ....

She offers innuendo and biased sources, we offer actual quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Crickets from aka ....

She offers innuendo and biased sources, we offer actual quotes.
    I would ask if it's your day job to make me laugh and flatter yourself, but it's actually night right now. Good grief.

I'll just let this paragraph from the article I posted in the other thread do the talking. In the meantime, HR and Kistler, enjoy your echo chamber. It seems comfy, if anything.

It seems like it has become a monthly occurrence that an elected Republican either forwards some horrible racist chain email about President Obama or makes some horrible racist off-the-cuff remark. (For a few examples of this from the past year, see here, here, here, here, here, here, and here.)
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

IIRC, Dems were also the party against abolishing slavery during the Civil War.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

And again, aka completely misses the point.

Nobody is claiming GOPers don't say stupid, racist stuff. They do.

The point is people on both sides do it with regularity. It's been that way since time and memorial.

If the sins of a few GOPers can cast dispersions on the group as a whole, then under the rules of logic, you must say the same about the Democrats.