Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    After watching the Joe Flacco video, my only thought was " What is the deal with Ike Taylor's head?"
    Every time I see that cat in-studio, I marvel at that dome. It's incredible.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I just don't understand the love for Ryan. He has arguably the best receiving corps in the game, he plays in a division filled with weak defenses, he plays over half his games in domes and he never plays cold weather games or in nasty elements. Flacco has never had consistent at the receiver position, never had even a very good receiving corps, never plays in domes, plays a lot of games in nasty weather and in the cold, and plays against excellent defenses almost every game. Matt Ryan plays in the most QB friendly system in the NFL and Flacco plays in a very, very tough situation for the QB to be successful and yet they have relatively comparable numbers and Flacco can actually get it done in the post season. It is extremely easy to demonstrate, given all of those facts, that Flacco has had the more impressive career so far.
    Matt Ryan is a very good football player. He does what his coaches ask him to and he has won a lot of football games. Matt Leinart had great greceivers and nice weather in Arizona and was playing against some sucky defenses and could not win football games. The NFL is littered with QB's put in QB friendly situations and sucked a lot worse than Matt Ryan. I have no problem where he is ranked, either 2 spots ahead or 2 spots below, its basically saying they are about the same calibre player which is probably about right. Matt's biggest problem right now is his conference is not getting any easier. The NFC West has two teams that have sold out to win this year. The Saints, Packers and Giants always find a way to be dangerous. I am an AFC guy but objectively, the NFC is a lot deeper conference right now.

Joe and Matt play different styles in different divisions against different opponents. They can both be different players and still both be really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Fan Dan View Post
    To further illustrate why one should not care about this dumb opinion list, I would remind everyone that the rankings in this particular dumb opinion list are based on how voters think the player will perform in 2013. Past stats, playoff appearances and even Super Bowls have nothing to do with it beyond how the voter thinks the player will improve or decline in the coming year.

I wish we had a "tits-on-a-bull" icon to express how we feel about dumb opinion lists like this lol.
    The only thing about this Top 100 NFL 2012 list is that it is voted on by the NFL players. So it isn't just a bunch of homers trying to get votes for their teams players, that's what the the overrated and underrated buttons next to the video are for.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

It is always surprising to me when a poster flips because some idiot(s) made a list or said something bad about the Ravens while we routinely sad bad things about every oppsing team and player. Not to mention the conspiracies of NFl, and random tv networks against us.

That being said this list is filled out by NFL players, less than half of which probably took it seriously, DURING THE SEASON AT SOME RANDOM TIME. The media darlings taht are frequent story lines always get too much credit, but it usually fades. See : whats his name the panthers QB

98% of this stuff is bullshit. They have to write something and more and more they just make stuff up. Don't take any of it at face value. Lots of guys are writing about the decimated ravens defense and the problem we have with McKiinie going to report out of shape. Its bullshit. Don't dignify it by repeating it

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    It is always surprising to me when a poster flips because some idiot(s) made a list or said something bad about the Ravens while we routinely sad bad things about every oppsing team and player. Not to mention the conspiracies of NFl, and random tv networks against us.

That being said this list is filled out by NFL players, less than half of which probably took it seriously, DURING THE SEASON AT SOME RANDOM TIME. The media darlings taht are frequent story lines always get too much credit, but it usually fades. See : whats his name the panthers QB

98% of this stuff is bullshit. They have to write something and more and more they just make stuff up. Don't take any of it at face value. Lots of guys are writing about the decimated ravens defense and the problem we have with McKiinie going to report out of shape. Its bullshit. Don't dignify it by repeating it
    Yet it always works. Nothing gets more attention or comments than some list, especially if they throw a few ridiculous names on it. It's like baiting a trap

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's fine, dude. Ed Reed was the number one ranked safety on this list -- do you honestly think he deserves that? No. But I don't hear people here bitching about that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If RG3 has a halfway decent year this year, he'll be #1 next year. Even more than Kap, he's got this rockstar persona to the media and the Redskins fans. I swear, they believe he can walk on water.
    Well, he did get Washington to the playoffs. That's damn close.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Flacco works and is part of a team, so to others his personal value is not as high. RGIII ignited an energy in DC not seen in 20 years. Ryan is deemed the reason the Falcons could be successful demeaning the value of his teammates. I look at this the Ravens are viewed as a team thus many players listed throughout; the Falcons and Redskins not so much.

No problem, Joe Flacco is the Ravens QB and that is what really matters. He will quietly do what he has been doing these last 5 years, be the QB with most wins, which gets the team to postseason. I don't waste my time trying to understand why these rankings are how they are. Ravens are being built to compete again for years to come and Flacco has the chance to b e the leader of a already dynasty that continues to win. It's the only stat that is important in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    It's fine, dude. Ed Reed was the number one ranked safety on this list -- do you honestly think he deserves that? No. But I don't hear people here bitching about that.
    Speaking of Ed Reed and Joe Flacco...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...respect-Flacco

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

11. Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

That list is one half serious attempt to objectively rank players and one half popularity contest.
    Kinda like the Pro Bowl, in fact.

It's ridiculous that Ryan & RGIII are ranked ahead of Joe, but that's the popularity contest side of it, so what are you gonna do?

Apparently Joe is overrated. As are the rest of the Ravens. At least according to Gregg Rosenthal.
    "Chin up, chest out."