Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

This list is a joke. You could give any other QB ranked on this list the Falcons receiving core over 5 seasons and they would have more than one playoff win. Matt Ryan is overrated as hell, and it's an embarrassment that he gets glorified and left alone by the media when he's no better than Tony Romo.

I don't even think there is a rational reason except for ESPN hype for RG3 being ranked in the top 20...let alone as the #5 QB. I personally think he's the 3rd best out of the rookie QB group from last year and going forward.

I know this is just a stupid list but what in the world do these players see in Matt Ryan? He can't win a big game!

That didn't take long

Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

After watching the Joe Flacco video, my only thought was " What is the deal with Ike Taylor's head?"

Could care less about the ranking though. I wouldn't care if Joe didn't make the list at all. Dude held up the Lombardi last February. Only thing that matters.

Blog Entries

I actually think that a jump of 55 spots in a year into the top 20 players of the league (as voted by the players) is pretty damn good.

Yes, I think it is bogus that Matt Ryan and RGIII are rated higher than Flacco...hell, I think Russell Wilson was more impressive than either of those two guys.

Still though, for a guy who many are kind of "meh" on, getting into the top 20 is pretty solid. If he has another good to great year with playoff success he could break top 10 next year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Another dumb opinion list? Why does anyone care...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Matt has the unending love of the media, the fans (outside Bmore) and apparently some select players.

Joe has the ring.

Until the day comes when Matt wins a SB, this debate is over. Some people just haven't gotten the memo yet.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I actually think that a jump of 55 spots in a year into the top 20 players of the league (as voted by the players) is pretty damn good.

Yes, I think it is bogus that Matt Ryan and RGIII are rated higher than Flacco...hell, I think Russell Wilson was more impressive than either of those two guys.

Still though, for a guy who many are kind of "meh" on, getting into the top 20 is pretty solid. If he has another good to great year with playoff success he could break top 10 next year.
    If Joe Flacco has similiar individual playoff success next year and wins the Super Bowl, he will be a top 10 quarterback in NFL history.

18-2 TD/INT ratio in playoffs the past 3 years. That's with two dropped game winning touchdowns. Montana had a 3 year stretch where he went 22-3. Other than that, nobody else has had the same caliber of success in a 3 year span. If Flacco continues that next year, and wins another Super Bowl, Flacco will be exploring unchartered territory.

8. Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

I personally don't mind Joe Flacco's ranking on this list but it just bothers me when Matt Ryan gets such a free pass and Tony Romo gets clobbered by the media.

Please tell me I'm not crazy...are Tony Romo and Matt Ryan twins? They both have 1 playoff game with an amazing cast of skill players throughout their career, find stupid ways to lose, can't win in big games. The only difference is Matt Ryan gets away with it because no one has the balls to say he sucks.

Kiss the ring.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Could care less about the ranking though. I wouldn't care if Joe didn't make the list at all. Dude held up the Lombardi last February. Only thing that matters.
    I'm over rankings too. They used to rankle me (no pun intended) but now I realize that some things are just the way they are. We're a small-market team that is undervalued and underestimated. My heart takes a lot less stress since I accepted that.

Any list that has a guy who's been in the league for one year and won zero playoff games and zero championships and whose style of play is dangerous for his own health and his team's chances at winning when it matters is clearly a joke. Don't bother getting upset, OP.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

11. Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I'm over rankings too. They used to rankle me (no pun intended) but now I realize that some things are just the way they are. We're a small-market team that is undervalued and underestimated. My heart takes a lot less stress since I accepted that.

Any list that has a guy who's been in the league for one year and won zero playoff games and zero championships and whose style of play is dangerous for his own health and his team's chances at winning when it matters is clearly a joke. Don't bother getting upset, OP.
    Haha yea...maybe it was a heat of the moment thing. I respect everything you just said...maybe I need to have that realization as well.

When you factor in the media bias, none of this surprises me really. The media love RGIII and Ryan, Joe was in the ballpark. I've seen worse. If he continues to win he has to go up. He outplayed quarterbacks in the playoffs who are going to be rated higher. The playoff run he had historic, there shouldn't be many quarterbacks you put in front of that.