Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Matt Ryan and RG3 ranked ahead of Joe Flacco on NFL Top 100 list

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    If RG3 has a halfway decent year this year, he'll be #1 next year. Even more than Kap, he's got this rockstar persona to the media and the Redskins fans. I swear, they believe he can walk on water.
    Well, he did get Washington to the playoffs. That's damn close.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Flacco works and is part of a team, so to others his personal value is not as high. RGIII ignited an energy in DC not seen in 20 years. Ryan is deemed the reason the Falcons could be successful demeaning the value of his teammates. I look at this the Ravens are viewed as a team thus many players listed throughout; the Falcons and Redskins not so much.

No problem, Joe Flacco is the Ravens QB and that is what really matters. He will quietly do what he has been doing these last 5 years, be the QB with most wins, which gets the team to postseason. I don't waste my time trying to understand why these rankings are how they are. Ravens are being built to compete again for years to come and Flacco has the chance to b e the leader of a already dynasty that continues to win. It's the only stat that is important in football.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    It's fine, dude. Ed Reed was the number one ranked safety on this list -- do you honestly think he deserves that? No. But I don't hear people here bitching about that.
    Speaking of Ed Reed and Joe Flacco...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top100...respect-Flacco

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

That list is one half serious attempt to objectively rank players and one half popularity contest.
    Kinda like the Pro Bowl, in fact.

It's ridiculous that Ryan & RGIII are ranked ahead of Joe, but that's the popularity contest side of it, so what are you gonna do?

Apparently Joe is overrated. As are the rest of the Ravens. At least according to Gregg Rosenthal.
    "Leave. Your. Mark."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Apparently Joe is overrated. As are the rest of the Ravens. At least according to Gregg Rosenthal.
    Apparently Gregg Rosenthal is not listed on the top 100 sports writers...Hmmm... Bc

It's okay. All we do and will continue to do is win.
    "On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the Draft

Settle down. John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco's Baltimore Ravens can beat any team, anywhere.

Having fun talking football and tech stuff on Twitter @BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    It's okay. All we do and will continue to do is win.
    Tell that to Skip Bayless, and remind him that we're not talking about Tebow.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Matt Ryan is a very good football player. He does what his coaches ask him to and he has won a lot of football games. Matt Leinart had great greceivers and nice weather in Arizona and was playing against some sucky defenses and could not win football games. The NFL is littered with QB's put in QB friendly situations and sucked a lot worse than Matt Ryan. I have no problem where he is ranked, either 2 spots ahead or 2 spots below, its basically saying they are about the same calibre player which is probably about right. Matt's biggest problem right now is his conference is not getting any easier. The NFC West has two teams that have sold out to win this year. The Saints, Packers and Giants always find a way to be dangerous. I am an AFC guy but objectively, the NFC is a lot deeper conference right now.

Joe and Matt play different styles in different divisions against different opponents. They can both be different players and still both be really good.
    I wasn't trying to say Ryan sucks at all. He is very good, I 100% agree. That's why he is able to take advantage of his advantages and win games. I just don't believe he is great. He is good enough to be look excellent when given every advantage and benefit a QB could ever ask for. But I don't believe he could play as well as Flacco does if he were the Ravens' QB instead. Flacco's numbers don't appear to be as impressive as Ryan's but I believe his body of is indeed more impressive on the basis of the system, schedule and circumstances he is in. You have to look past the numbers to understand it.

Ryan playing in the AFC north division would be Ryan's down fall. Him and brady have great stats due to their opponents not having top 10 defenses. Ryan would more then likely have more interceptions, more sacks, and less touchdowns if he face the bengals, steelers and browns( hard to believe?). He more popular then Joe and has had a better receivers for a while. Joe will now have the same receivers this year and his stats will be better.