Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Virulent Racism in the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    The word "handouts" itself is not racist. It just so happens that certain politicians use this word to refer to the poor and to people of color. I'm going to guess that you are a straight, white male who lives in relative comfort, correct? Do yourself a favor and think outside your own bubble for a moment.
    So you agree with them?

I still don't understand how "handouts" "welfare" or anything similar can be racist when more white people receive them then all minorities combined. Even more funny to me was that the 53% comment was somehow racist, when whites make up roughly 70% of the population.

IT is racist if YOU CHOOSE to see it that way. It can't possibly be in any literal or rational way. IT makes literally ZERO sense to assume it does.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I still don't understand how "handouts" "welfare" or anything similar can be racist when more white people receive them then all minorities combined. Even more funny to me was that the 53% comment was somehow racist, when whites make up roughly 70% of the population.

IT is racist if YOU CHOOSE to see it that way. It can't possibly be in any literal or rational way. IT makes literally ZERO sense to assume it does.
    Exactly. BUt don't expect AKA to be able to see that point.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You'll get no argument from me about the GOP and their stances on social issues, particularly gay rights.
    But he said "recent years", so maybe he means the current administration that is continuing, if not escalating, the "War on Drugs", imprisoning millions of minority Americans on minor drug offense in the process? Or maybe he means the one that is continuing, if not escalating, the "War on Terror", in the process spying on its own citizens, or just flat out killing them without due process of law.

But he may just mean the Bush administration from 5 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Exactly. BUt don't expect AKA to be able to see that point.
    Yeah, I won't, because it's asinine.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I still find this funny.

Why does liberal have to be synonymous with Democrat?
    It doesn't have to be. I happen to be both.

Yeah, I won't, because it's asinine.
    the math is too difficult for you?
    white's make up 72.4% of the population... that is GREATER THEN the 47% of Americans that ay taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra..._United_States

Asinine? that's 2nd grade math...

the math is too difficult for you?
    white's make up 72.4% of the population... that is GREATER THEN the 47% of Americans that ay taxes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demogra..._United_States

Asinine? that's 2nd grade math...
    What is the point of the numbers you're bringing up?

Blog Entries

What is the point of the numbers you're bringing up?
    What he (and others) are saying is that more white people are on welfare (e.g., "handouts"). Thus, how can the term be construed as racist when there are less black Americans getting said "handouts"?

Logically, if one hears the term "handouts" (in context with federal welfare funds) and negatively thinks of black Americans as the race who benefits from those "handouts", then who is really racist?

I think this situation is kind of like societal thoughts on affirmative action. Very few consider that AA helps/helped women, but everyone probably relates it to giving minorities (black Americans) a professional "boost" when competing for jobs or higher education.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Welfare should have nothing to do with race, and ideally it would not when people use the word. The point I am making, however, is that Republican politicians use this word to subtly refer to specific groups of people, like blacks. The word "handouts" is similar.

See Romney fucking up with his 47% comment. He said half the country is expecting "handouts" or something similar, but it can be very reasonably inferred that he was referring to black people, whose vote he mostly had to give up on trying to get.
    Here is why I brought up those statistics...

IT CANNOT Be inferred at all, let alone easily....

MINORITIES DON'T MAKE UP 47% OF THE COUNTRY..... THINK.... it's IMPOSSIBLE for that to be racist, because to get to 47% of the population YOU MUST include white people. Let that sink in, it's not difficult, my 5 year old niece could understand this, but I know, she is very smart.

It can ONLY be inferred if that is the mindset YOU(not Royal, but YOU personally) have when hearing the statement. Like G7 before you, YOU, the lone liberal, that claims to be helping out the minorites, are BY FAR the most racist poster we have. YOU liberals see thigns ONLY through the lens of racial, ethnic, religion, gender, sexual preference lens. Someone can't just be a person, and if they are a minority/protected class it is your job to prop them up. Did you ever think that dropping it, letting go, and letting the cards fall how they may would be helping those people you seek to help more then your manner of doing so?
    Last edited by jonboy79; 06-27-2013 at 10:53 AM.

Blog Entries

Here is why I brought up those statistics...

IT CANNOT Be inferred at all, let alone easily....

MINORITIS DON'T MAKE UP $&% OF THE COUNTRY..... THINK.... it's IMPOSSIBLE for that to be racist, because to get to 47% of the population YOU MUST include white people. Let that sink in, it's nto difficult, my 5 year old niece could understand this, bt I know, she is very smart.

It can ONLY be inferred if that is the mindset YOU(not Royal, but YOU personally) have when hearing the statement. Like G7 before you, YOU, the lone liberal, that claims to be helping out the minorites, are BY FAR the most racist poster we have. YOU liberals see thigns ONLY through the lens of racial, ethnic, religion, gender, sexual preference lens. Someone can't jsut be a person, and if they are a minority/protected class it is yoru job to prop them up. Did you ever think that dropping it, letting go, and letting the cards fall how they may would be helping those peopel you seek to help more then your manner of doing so?
    :word

Whether she realizes it or not, she makes our point that the racism exist in her mind not ours. When she heard Romney say "handouts' in his 47% comment she thought he was talking about black people.

Blog Entries

Hey jonboy...what do you mean by "those people" ???

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.