Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Pitta/Dickson vs. Gronk/Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The only thing Vernon has on Gronk is health and speed.
    Actually being on the field playing football is kind of a big thing though, don't you think? It's like saying the only thing Jack Nicholson has over Keanu Reeves is acting ability.

Health is the single most important thing under which all other things exist. If you're not on the field, I don't really care how good you are.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Actually being on the field playing football is kind of a big thing though, don't you think? It's like saying the only thing Jack Nicholson has over Keanu Reeves is acting ability.

Health is the single most important thing under which all other things exist. If you're not on the field, I don't really care how good you are.
    Exactly. If you could take either player's career right now, would you draft Gayle Sayers or Jerome Bettis?

One was the best player in the NFL for his entire half decade run, the other was never better than very good for over a decade. Which one is a better use of a first round pick?
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Comparing Gronkowski and Davis is like comparing Ryan and Flacco.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    I think it would be interesting to see what Gronkowski and Hernandez would do in a Cam Cameron offense.
    Gronkowski would have broken his arm slamming it against a locker in frustration at Cam's play calls. Then Hernandez would've tried to substitute a more passing-oriented playbook, but when caught in the act would tear it up into pieces before handing it over to Cam.

Seriously, although Gronk may be the best tight end in the league, no way he's "head and shoulders' above Vernon Davis. Those two are pretty close in terms of value and impact.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Gronk had - 0 yards, nada, zip, nutten.
    He can't be the best if he can't even contribute in the championship game
    Wasn't he hurt that game? I thought he didn't play; or else left the game early.

Blog Entries

Something tells me some unknown TE will step up and have a monster year in NE this year. All of the sudden will he be the one Oz should've taken? Their system of no huddle and short passes is going to pile up stats

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Something tells me some unknown TE will step up and have a monster year in NE this year. All of the sudden will he be the one Oz should've taken? Their system of no huddle and short passes is going to pile up stats
    Tim. Tebow.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tim. Tebow.

If it is, so help me..............
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

If it is, so help me..............
    Then Shit Bayless can talk about Tebow is the best TE that ever was and will be.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Tim. Tebow.

I just don't see it, but who knows. Maybe if he can learn to run a route and catch... but they might be better to find a guy who can already do that.

Michael Hooman... guy from the Rams.. and UDFA Mike Sudfield

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    After a few years of looking at the 2 teams & how they've employed 2 TE's, I'm awfully glad we picked Pitta & Dickson in that draft. Gronk - can't stay healthy, but is a beast when he is. Hernandez - we will see what the legal process bears out, but it's not looking good initially. I'll reserve judgment until more facts roll in, but I'm liking our 2 TE's right about now.........

Draft: Gronk had injury concerns that caused him to slide. Hernandez had character issues. Pitta appears to be a great guy & he can flat out play. Dickson has some drops & I lose patience with him, but this year (a contract year for him) will determine if he sticks around or gets replaced by a younger version with better hands.

Thanks for picking the right guys, Ozzie! Again.......
    I haven't read through the entire thread but to this I say: if Bellicheck had not moved in front of the Ravens in that draft to nab Gronk, I believe Ozzie would have drafted him. And the Ravens would have been all that much better for it.

I think Pitta is great and reliable but Gronk is a game changer. His injury pattern could have been completely different if he played in Baltimore. I think his slew of operations began after he broke his forearm on a meaningless play, where he was blocking for an extra point in a blowout win.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

I just don't see it, but who knows. Maybe if he can learn to run a route and catch... but they might be better to find a guy who can already do that.

Michael Hooman... guy from the Rams.. and UDFA Mike Sudfield
    I was mostly joking.