Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Re: Pitta/Dickson vs. Gronk/Hernandez

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That's really not the discussion - at least from my end. The discussion is whether or not Gronkowski alone is worth more than every player the Ravens drafted that year - not whether or not he was worth a 2nd rounder. That was the claim, and I'm simply saying that three years is too early to definitively state that.
    well, the ORIGINAL claim was that Pitta/Dickson was better then Gronk/AH... and even with all that has gone on, that is a complete and utter joke.

I took it further, adn IMO, it's still very obvious that Gronk > our entire draft. From hat draft we got an above average TE and a few bit players. They got one fo the very best individual players in all of football. VERY CLEARLY the best TE in all of football.

Blog Entries

Who seldom plays and will miss more time at the beginning of season after just
    under going more back surgery.

If the guy can't get on the field,he's of no use so he can't be the best even with his
    good years thrown in. You can't count what might have been.

As for the blocking TE, even Bellicheat said there's very few TEs that can block
    on the line today.

As Dickson said on his radio show, that's because I'm going vs a rusher
    weighing 50-80 lbs heavier than me. Did you ever try to block a guy 50 lbs heavier
    than you? 20 lbs? 10 lbs? It ain't easy.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-22-2013 at 04:59 PM.

Blog Entries

Speaking of seldom playing, here's the stats of Ravens vs NE AFC Championship game.

Hernandez had 83 yards receiving.

Pitta had 55 yards receiving.

Gronk had - 0 yards, nada, zip, nutten.

He can't be the best if he can't even contribute in the championship game and PItta
    wasn't that far behind Hernandez who's suppose to be so great. Pitta's longest was
    also 22 yds as opposed to 17 yds for Hernandez.

Gronk's longest was 0, nada, zip, nutten.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330120017

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of seldom playing, here's the stats of Ravens vs NE AFC Championship game.

Hernandez had 83 yards receiving.

Pitta had 55 yards receiving.

Gronk had - 0 yards, nada, zip, nutten.

He can't be the best if he can't even contribute in the championship game and PItta
    wasn't that far behind Hernandez who's suppose to be so great. Pitta's longest was
    also 22 yds as opposed to 17 yds for Hernandez.

Gronk's longest was 0, nada, zip, nutten.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=330120017
    Sure that's one game. There is no doubt that Gronk is better than Pitta, but I, unlike some others, don't have a massive boner for him.

I think Pitta will excel this year top top 6 or 7 TE's in the league
    Formerly runrayrun27

Twitter: @cjacks17

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Who seldom plays and will miss more time at the beginning of season after just
    under going more back surgery.

If the guy can't get on the field,he's of no use so he can't be the best even with his
    good years thrown in. You can't count what might have been.

As for the blocking TE, even Bellicheat said there's very few TEs that can block
    on the line today.

As Dickson said on his radio show, that's because I'm going vs a rusher
    weighing 50-80 lbs heavier than me. Did you ever try to block a guy 50 lbs heavier
    than you? 20 lbs? 10 lbs? It ain't easy.
    Overdramatic much, he's msised 3 refular season games. Despite missign 3 games, Dickso and Pitta combined have only 0% the career yardage, on one more career catch, and 42% the TD's that Gronk alone has.

And don't you think that if you agree with Bellichek( I DO) that it makes the best receiving TE all the more valuable that he is amongst the very best Blcokign TE's in the entire eague as well? He is DRAMATICALLY better in this aea then anyoneelse that can actually catch. I'm taling orders of magnitude, several. He is in the Brandon Manemaleuna class of blockign TE's, while also being ina class by himself as a reciver... Only Jimmy Grahamappraoches hi catching prowess, and he can't block even as well as Pitta or Dickson, who are both improving from terrible to piss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    I think Pitta will excel this year top top 6 or 7 TE's in the league
    Agreed, but is there a position in teh NFL that rivals TE as far as isparity from the best to 2nd best? I don't think so... He is head and shoulders the best in the league at his position. the dropoff from Calvi Johnson to Andre and Larry Fitz is less. the dropoff from AP to Arian Foster is less.

Blog Entries

And Gronk will miss more at the beginning of this year.

Three games is 3 games too much as far as Bellicheat is concerned. Gronk also did nothing to
    contribute in the most important game of them all last year - SB 46.

Pitta outplayed Gronk in last year's AFC Championship game at least TD wise. Gronk had 83
    yds in that game but missed a TD when he was open but was looking for Pollard more than
    the ball.

Pitta caught his for a TD so he comes thru in the clutch just like in SB 47. See his
    catch in NE here while Gronk misses.

This is also the game where Gronk is injured once again.

Also, Joe clearly out-played Marsha with almost 100 more yards and 2 TDs. Marsha had
    none.

See Pitta's clutch catch and Gronk's choke.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201201...ghts&tab=recap

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    well, the ORIGINAL claim was that Pitta/Dickson was better then Gronk/AH... and even with all that has gone on, that is a complete and utter joke.

I took it further, and IMO, it's still very obvious that Gronk > our entire draft. From that draft we got an above average TE and a few bit players. They got one of the very best individual players in all of football. VERY CLEARLY the best TE in all of football.

Blog Entries

The NE Patriot killer brings the p*ssies down one by one including the biggest one - GRONK
    and that was a clean hit. A very hard hit but clean.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yumR6US2m58

I don't think Gronk will be able to sustain his high level of play for even 4 more years, let alone 7 or 8.
    Not only does he get hurt, but he parties too much--reminds me of Big Ben and we see what's happening with him the last 2 years.

Nope, I'll take Pitta and Dickson over Gronk because they'll continue to improve while Gronk will likely gradually decline.

For the last 2 playoff games the Ravens have squared off against the Pats, Gronk only played what a half? Got to be healthy at the right time.

Blog Entries

I'm not going to lie, no matter how much he blew up the regular season, if that mutha fucker pulled that getting hurt for playoff games crap as a Raven, I'd be pissed as high hell.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Blog Entries

The entire city would except one poster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Sure Pitta is good, borderline top 10.

I didn't say that Gron WOULD have resulted in 2-3 SB's, simply that he MIGHT HAVE. He is the biggest matchup problem in all of football. IF he's on our side and not NE's they aren't close in that game you speak of, and Lee Evans liekly wouldn't have ever been acquired.

Amusing? he is BY FAR the best TE in football. BY A LOT...
    I would take Vernon Davis all day, every day over any other TE in the league.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Vernon Davis is the gold standard.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"