Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Flacco impressed with Gino Gradkowski so far

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The move of Kelechi Osemele to LG helped preserve Birk's ability for a strong postseason run. There is little reason to think that Gradkowski cannot soon improve on that himself. From a physical standpoint, Birk was on the decline. The Gradkowski is a younger player, but considered an intelligent prospect. The Ravens weren't the only high profile team that had him so highly rated.
    Birk had a tough year in 2011-2012, largely due to injury recuperation, as evidenced by the NE game when Wilfork ran him over. Would have liked to see a drug test for him after that game. But this past year Birk was much improved all year long especially in the NE game when I did not hear Wilfork's name called at all. In 2011-2012 I saw him in public and he had huge varicose veins in one leg and the other was totally clear. Props to him for recovering and going out in style

Blog Entries

Size really doesn't matter that much as a Center. He has enough size. I like Gino, but we will have to see...just cause Flacco talked him up really means nothing. It's just talk. I like they drafted some competition and/or backup for him. Competition pushes you.

Blog Entries

The lack of height can actually lend itself to leverage, with the proper technique.
    I mentioned that about one of the guys Ravens drafted. He
    did more reps in combines than the bigger Fluker drafted in the
    first round and some are wondering if Fluker will be a Fluke.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-21-2013 at 07:18 PM.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.

Typical off-season talk IMO... That said, I still look at the week 17 Cincy game & this kid will be just fine (the "too small" thing is pretty funny). Our OLine (and DLine for that matter) is gonna be sick.

Blog Entries
    The lack of height can actually lend itself to leverage, with the proper technique.
    Low man wins
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    Playing between Yanda and KO is definitely a big factor in Gino's favor. If he can just be competent in his run and pass blocking I think that would be enough. His ability to quickly and effective communicate to his line mates with a strong understanding of the offense is IMO the most important factor.
    Bingo. Yanda and KO are monster guards that will help Gradkowski a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Bingo. Yanda and KO are monster guards that will help Gradkowski a ton.
    Hence why the Mckinnie signing (whether you like him or not) was tremendously impactful.

Never understood the "Gino is too small" refrain.
    Even if he is still at 300 lbs, that would actually put right around average for an NFL center. He'd be the same weight as Scott Wells, Dan Koppen, Ryan Wendell & John Sullivan and heavier than Chris Meyers.

Of course after a year in an NFL weight room, he's probably added a few pounds, unless the coaches didn't want him to.