I realize that this may have been posted awhile ago, but this made-up stat that ESPN created still irks me, as it seems to specifically smear Flacco's name, and build up RGIII.

Some background: it was a stat that was supposed to be take in "all" factors of the QB position, and objective measure the performance of a QB in a game, or throughout a season, on a 0-100 scale, with 50 being average. Keep in mind, the formula is secret, and nobody besides the people at ESPN know what actually goes into it. It is of particular interest to Ravens fans, because this past season, Flacco posted the two lowest ratings of all time, since the stat was invented a few years ago. The two games were:

10/21 Balt @ Hou 14-43 L QBR: 0.3

Yes, this is all a game we would like to forget, but the worst game by a QB in the past 5 years? Look at the stats: 21 for 43, 147 yards, 1 TD 2 INT. Putrid, yes, but worst in years? Come on. There have been some 6 INT games out there.

12/16 Den @ Balt 17-34 L QBR: 0.4

This is a much better example of how flawed the QBR is. Notice how the QBR is virtually identical to the other game. Look at the stats: 20 for 40, 254 yards, 2 TD's, and 1 INT. Yes, he lost, and it wasn't close, but in what world are those poor passing numbers? Again, when I think of worst in years, I think of 80 yards, 1 TD, and 6 INTs.

The point of uncovering new and innovative stats are supposed to be that they are indicative of future performance as opposed to just measuring what already happened. Is that what the QBR did? A few weeks later, Flacco went out beat the same team, on the road with two freak kick/punt returns for TD's. And, despite posting the two "worst" regular season games in years (worse than Sanchez, and the brigade of Browns QB's apparently) he goes out and has one of the top 5 post season performances of all time over. Meaning that for four straight games, he made four of the best defenses in the league look like nothing.

The point being, I think that Flacco's regular seasons have been underrated, and the postseason wasn't a fluke. It's only been in the past 10 years that QB's have to put up 4500 yards and 40 TD's a year to be noticed. I think that Flacco's 3600-3800 yards and 20+ TD, 10 INT consistent numbers should be more than enough to put teams in positions to win.

And, while people say that it's unfair to focus solely on those four games, isn't it also unfair to focus only on the 16 regular season games? Let's combine his regular season and post season, that comes out to 5,000 yards, 33 TD's, and 10 INT's over 19 games (not counting week 17 as he only played a few minutes). I'd say those numbers might start turning some heads.