Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: OT: James Gandolfini Dead

He was well overweight and that was known. When you don't take care of your body, not meaning to sound cold hearted, but these things are bound to happen.

He was a very good actor.

Take care of your body now while you have the chance.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I agree with DrUnk...it doesn't affect me in any way. Call me heartless, but it doesn't bother me at all when a celeb passes away. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted, but I really don't care when news of a celeb passing hits.

The Sopranos was excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Sad to see him go. Everyone in the back of their minds thinks they're going to live to be 100, or at least 75... sometimes you don't have as much time as you think you do.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I agree with DrUnk...it doesn't affect me in any way. Call me heartless, but it doesn't bother me at all when a celeb passes away. Maybe I'm just cold-hearted, but I really don't care when news of a celeb passing hits.
    So if ray Lewis dies you won't care?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    The Sopranos was excellent, I thoroughly enjoyed watching it. Sad to see him go. Everyone in the back of their minds thinks they're going to live to be 100, or at least 75... sometimes you don't have as much time as you think you do.
    I agree with that. I think a lot of people in the US especially take it for granted that theyll live to see such and such age because of family history. I know Ive thought like that. Genetics only go so far. Deaths like this make you realize that life isnt guaranteed for anybody. Obviously he wasnt the healthiest person in the world but theres millions of things out there that can knock off even the most fit people earlier.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    So if ray Lewis dies you won't care?
    Nope, or any other player for that matter. If I don't personally know someone, it doesn't bother me at all when they pass.

I think "Care" and "Affected" are two different things. I hear what nickh0801 is saying... I'm not really effected (or is it affected...? Beaux, this getting confusing... help!). But that's not to say I don't care. I would be sad for his family and friends... But I'm not his family and friends. I don't know him. Hell, I knew Toney Soprano better I knew than James Gandolfini. lol.

As far as Ray Lewis goes.... Would it change my life if he dies? No. He's not my friend, father, or son. So I wouldn't truly be affected. Would I care? Yes, I would feel bad for his family and kids for their loss. Yes, it would be shocking to hear and send a shiver down my spine if went out in an untimely manner. But it would not affect my day to day life.

Saw it on Twitter last night and took a minute to register. Man life is not a given at all.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Furry-
    No prob (By "Beaux", I assume you were sending up the "Petard signal"! ;)) I think I understand where everyone's comments are based, so I suspect this is more of a word usage issue.

FWIW, I think the loss of a life is sad. OTOH, there are some people that the world is better off without, IMHO. Ant-knee was a trend-setting TV character as well as a movie actor (Get Shorty jumps to mind), and obviously brought a lot of entertainment to a lot of folks, so from that perspective, a lot of people besides his family and friends (and agent) will be affected by his loss. I don't know a lot of the other posters personally, but I kinda doubt that they don't "care" that a guy died, more that they're affected a lot less than others due to their relative indifference to Gandalfini. In my book, it doesn't make them not compassionate, more that it's just not a big deal to them.

I think of many other threads we see on this forum, like the one on Cullen Finnerty. I feel badly that he died, but I'm not really personally affected. I care that the guy died, and by all accounts was a pretty decent human being, so I care about him, his family and friends.

Of course, this is all just one guy's opinion...

It's called empathy. Just because you don't know someone, doesn't mean, you shouldn't be able to put yourself in their shoes, or be able to see that the people they left behind are grieving. If you can't, that is a characteristic of being a sociopath.

I don't know anyone, personally, that was killed in the twin towers, but I feel for terrible for them, their families, and friends.

I know what people go through when they lose someone, but I don't share the feelings when it comes to strangers or celebs. I just don't. I don't feel sad for the friends or families and I don't share their griefs. I understand they are hurting. I have dealt with death quite much in my little 33 years of life, but when it comes to someone I have no personal ties with, I don't have any feelings for them. We all have to deal with death. It's a part of life. I'm sorry, but if I don't personally know you, then I really don't care. That's just how I am...

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I never watched the Sopranos either but obviously I knew who he was. I honestly thought he was older...... he seemed to be an aged 51. I wont get into the whole personally affectiing me or not argument but I do feel sad for his baby daughter as now she'll grow up having no personal memories of her dad.