Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: ESPN: NFL Future Power Rankings

The rankings are interesting, but to think these talking heads actually get paid for this nonsense just blows my mind. Life is so unfair when it comes to people who get paid for guessing shit. In real life, guessing gets you fired or demoted.

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Not a whole lot to talk about until training camp starts. Its either debate stupid lists or actually spend time with my inlaws.
    Oh sure, threaten us with THAT! JUST SAY "NO"!

Let's debate these lists!
    Com'on guys, help this one out!!

No way Rex Ryan is that bad of a coach...he brought Tebow on board and....CRAP!

Ok, so he sucks as a head coach...he should have just stuck with being a defensive genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    It's all speculation and opinion at this point but consider this about the 9ers.
    They open against the Packers as the Fox afternoon game. Game two is SNF at Seattle. Game three is Indy then TNF four days later at the Rams. Game five they're back on SNF at Houston. And no Crabtree
    Damn, that's a hard road. They could easily drop 3 of those (GreenBay, Seattle, Houston) or worse. Am thankful that our Turdsday Night game is 1.not till Thanksgiving, 2.at home, 3.against a team we'll have no trouble getting sky-high for.

More rankings and lists.

Man I can't wait until the season starts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Interesting, too, is the coaching rating. John Harbaugh gets a 9.0; Jim Harbaugh gets an 8.8 - yet about three weeks ago ESPN ranked Jim (#2) higher than John (#3). I wonder what happened in the last three weeks for that flip-flop to happen, because they didn't coach any games.
    I'm going to go out on a limb and say it was a different person or group of people who decided the Future Power Rankings than who did the Coach Rankings.

I would dearly love to see the Niners swept by the Seahawks (could happen). all the talking heads will drop Kaepernick like a hot rock and gush over Russell Wilson like crazy.
    the media is all about flavor-of-the-month.

I think Rex is undderrated as a HC considering he's won playoff games with mediocre talent. I'll bet he wouldn't be unemployed long if he did get canned.
    (did you know...Rex has as many playoff wins, 4, as Norv Turner?)
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Kapernick will get the RG3 treatment soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rd1z View Post
    Kapernick will get the RG3 treatment soon enough.
    All the running QBs get it sooner or later. Defenses scheme for running QBs and most of the time find a answer to stopping them. Will be interesting to see how rg3 performs.

The ravens do not get enough credit for how consistently they win and reload rather than rebuild.
    Flacco is just entering his prime, and I see no reason to doubt the ability of the front office to assemble a contending roster around him

:T2: