Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 5657585960 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    More evidence of the Patriots distancing themselves from AH...

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/350695966904549377
    That is funny. The stench will be on the PATS for ever. Just like a SKUNK.... The smell will last for a while!!!

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

I won't deny things look bad for Hernandez, but it comes down to do you believe in "innocent until proven guilty"? If not, then you can by all means say this looks bad for Hernandez and you should assume that he did these things. But technically speaking, he's not been tried for anything yet. Right now, even the judge yesterday said the case is very circumstancial.

"As far as we know", yes it is circumstantial. That is until one or more of then testifies against another in court. I can't see this not happening.

That said, ever since OJ, nothing is a sure thing with a jury.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    That is funny. The stench will be on the PATS for ever. Just like a SKUNK.... The smell will last for a while!!!
    I don't think so. They are running away from him in a big way. This will die down for them in short order.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think so. They are running away from him in a big way. This will die down for them in short order.
    Agreed. In hindsight one can certainly question the wisdom of the Pats for drafting Hernandez, but it's not like they knew he'd turn out to be a murderer. Looks to me like they're making the right moves in the wake of his arrest.

The term "circumstantial" does not equal a weak case.

That term simply describes the type of evidence. 90% of murder cases are based on circumstantial evidence.

For example, if your kid came out of the kitchen with chocolate all over their face, you heard the unwrapping of the candy wrapper and they have chocolate all over their teeth, you have circumstantial evidence your kid just ate chocolate. If you actually witnessed your child eating chocolate, you have direct evidence.

Defense attorneys give it a negative connotation as a means of playing to a potential jury.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 06-28-2013 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    The term "circumstantial" does not equal a weak case.

That term simply describes the type of evidence. 90% of murder cases are based on circumstantial evidence.

For example, if your kid came out of the kitchen with chocolate all over their face, you heard the unwrapping of the candy wrapper and they have chocolate all over their teeth, you have circumstantial evidence your kid just ate chocolate. If you actually witnessed your child eating chocolate, you have direct evidence.

Defense attorneys give it a negative connotation as a means of playing to a potential jury.
    I must say when it comes to this stuff you have a good way of breaking it down.
    The way you just described that is now helping me with the difference between the two.
    If I heard the wrapper and seen the chocolate I would consider that direct but your point makes sense.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    I don't think it will ever go away completely. People constantly bring up Ray Lewis, and he wasn't even guilty of murder. It's too big of a story. IE, the first nationally covered Pats game, you know the announcers will be mentioning it.

Blog Entries

More evidence of the Patriots distancing themselves from AH...

https://twitter.com/Patriots/status/350695966904549377
    That's a pretty cool thing for them to do, actually. Those jerseys cost a lot of money.

Though I do get the concept they want them out of circulation ASAP. Don't blame them. I wouldn't want people wearing things around that cast my business in a negative light either. That's just common sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don't think it will ever go away completely. People constantly bring up Ray Lewis, and he wasn't even guilty of murder. It's too big of a story. IE, the first nationally covered Pats game, you know the announcers will be mentioning it.
    What's funny is that Pats are getting props from a lot of haters I know because they cut bait with Hernandez, and they're using it to re-open the Ray Lewis issue by saying we "Celebrated a guy charged with murder", while Pats cleaned him from their system.

Ridiculous.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

and on the heels of that, here's a PFT writeup about Billick's explanation of sticking by Ray.

I'm not going to hate on it or say it's dead on, just take it as food for thought.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...und-ray-lewis/
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

and on the heels of that, here's a PFT writeup about Billick's explanation of sticking by Ray.

I'm not going to hate on it or say it's dead on, just take it as food for thought.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...und-ray-lewis/
    That rag. LOL. The one thing they are right about is the 2 cases are worlds apart. Apple to an Onion

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

12. Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

What annoys me about people accusing Ray of murder is that even the Atlanta DA admitted that they were charging him based solely on the limo driver telling police that he saw Ray punch somebody in the chest--not stab, punch; and not the victims or even another member of their group, but "somebody".

How nebulously vague can you be? "Somebody"? REALLY?
    And just how desperate do you have to be to get someone for murder where 2 people were stabbed, when all you've got is that he might have punched "SOMEBODY??

Hernandez case is almost nothing like Lewis'.
    It's shaping up to be a lot more like Rae Carruth's.