Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4950515253 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Double Homicide in 2012?

Get me some cheeseburgers and I'll take your bodies.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yeah. How bout that.
    Hell, just bounce every database on east coast on this fool.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When I am not screwing up message boards, I am an investigator and a forensic interviewer / interrogator in my paying job. My experience goes back to when I was 18 and an MP, to the civilian world, to LE and now in the private sector. One of the certifications I hold specializes in the interview technique of Behavioral Analysis (or BAI). I conduct or have conducted interviews of all varieties -- criminal, fact finding, interrogations, pre-employment, etc.

In layman's terms, I can gauge a persons truthfulness based on their body language, combined with the manner in which they answer questions. Based on some of the principles behind the BAI, it was evident to me during Hernandez's arraignment that he was VERY scared. I freely admit, this won't tell you his guilt or innocence but it's an indicator what elements of the crime seem to bother him and what he's not very concerned about.

You need to focus on what we call "on time behavior". Meaning, what is Hernandez doing with his body when certain things are said. What I looked for were these body language reactions (or "leakage") from Hernandez based on what was being read by the prosecutor. If you go back and look, there are numerous instances where Hernandez hears something the prosecutor is saying that gets a reaction from him. Sometimes he licks his lips, once he brought his hand over his mouth, he's starts and stops shifting back and forth etc.

Some examples that stood out to me ....

As the arraignment begins, he hears the word "murder" for the first time and immediately licks his lips (sets a baseline).

When the prosecutor says "a process of the scene", he again licks his lips.

When the prosecutor says "police determine", again with the lips (I'd love to play poker with AH at this point).

In the best example of this and his concern is when the topic of Lloyd's sister comes up. He reaches up with his hand and wipes at his face. Not an easy exercise when you're handcuffed and tells me he had no idea that part was coming. He then goes into a clam state when the prosecutor talks about the relationship with Lloyd and AH but then he goes right back to his leakage when the prosecutor starts up again with the details of the crime.

His incessant staring is an overcompensation. He is aware of his nervousness and is trying to come across as calm by acting like it doesn't bother him. But the raised eyebrows gives his concern away.

Give the video a watch with theses things in mind and you'll see what he's worried about and what he could care less about.
    Awesome post HR! Good info.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

He has a bail hearing around 2 pm today.

Maria Cramer ‏@GlobeMCramer 39m
    Hernandez's alleged victim, Odin Lloyd, may have had information about that double killings, officials tell us. Potential motive.
    Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

Makes a little more sense as to why he didn't like Lloyd talking at the club. I guess he figured he could have told whomever he was talking to about the double murder....

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Maria Cramer ‏@GlobeMCramer 39m
    Hernandez's alleged victim, Odin Lloyd, may have had information about that double killings, officials tell us. Potential motive.
    Retweeted by Jason La Canfora

Makes a little more sense as to why he didn't like Lloyd talking at the club. I guess he figured he could have told whomever he was talking to about the double murder....
    Shit's getting deep now.

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Fox affiliate in Boston says apparently, an AH connection to 2012 double homicide is being pursued.

Meh. Why be surprised at this point?
    snitches get stitches

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    Great post. The connection between various gestures, especially touching of the face/uncontrolled facial tics, and deception sounds silly, but once you're introduced to it you start to see it everywhere.

Another interesting little piece in the investigator's toolkit that we were taught is the difference between how guilty people speak and how innocent people speak. Obviously we haven't really heard Hernandez or his attorney speak so far other than a short statement where he said Hernandez has been "the subject of a flood of rumors and misinformation" etc...

Note that he does not say anything about Hernandez not killing anybody, not being around the night of the murder, not knowing the person who was murdered etc.; no strong statements of innocence. Perhaps he HAS been the subject of misinformation, but that has nothing to do with whether or not he killed anybody.

Innocent people can't turn down the chance to say "I didn't do it." But guilty people say "I am not guilty of these charges" which is VERY different; guilt is a subjective term, and usually criminals can say they're not guilty and mean it, because guilt is a feeling, not a statement of fact. Almost every bad guy I've ever dealt with put the blame on someone/something else for why they did what they did.

Killing someone and then putting on a defense when you know deep down you did it tears a person apart and when you look between the lines you can see that conflict coming out in how they act, how they speak, etc. and they CANNOT control it.
    The last time I saw someone in court look as disinterested in trying to prove they didn't commit a crime was that guy who shot up the movie theater out in Colorado. And everybody knows he did it, because the police themselves arrested him red-handed on the spot. Only somebody who absolutely knew that they did, and absolutely knew that law enforcement knew they did, would be so silent about trying to proclaim their innocence. That statement is, of course, my opinion, and not a fact. I am not an expert on this sort of thing.

Blog Entries

The Colorado theatre a-hole was trying to play up the insanity card I think.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    The Colorado theatre a-hole was trying to play up the insanity card I think.
    That might be a good approach for Hernandez. With all the attention concussions are getting, watch him say the head trauma from football caused him to do this.