Page 50 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4849505152 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

When I am not screwing up message boards, I am an investigator and a forensic interviewer / interrogator in my paying job. My experience goes back to when I was 18 and an MP, to the civilian world, to LE and now in the private sector. One of the certifications I hold specializes in the interview technique of Behavioral Analysis (or BAI). I conduct or have conducted interviews of all varieties -- criminal, fact finding, interrogations, pre-employment, etc.

In layman's terms, I can gauge a persons truthfulness based on their body language, combined with the manner in which they answer questions. Based on some of the principles behind the BAI, it was evident to me during Hernandez's arraignment that he was VERY scared. I freely admit, this won't tell you his guilt or innocence but it's an indicator what elements of the crime seem to bother him and what he's not very concerned about.

You need to focus on what we call "on time behavior". Meaning, what is Hernandez doing with his body when certain things are said. What I looked for were these body language reactions (or "leakage") from Hernandez based on what was being read by the prosecutor. If you go back and look, there are numerous instances where Hernandez hears something the prosecutor is saying that gets a reaction from him. Sometimes he licks his lips, once he brought his hand over his mouth, he's starts and stops shifting back and forth etc.

Some examples that stood out to me ....

As the arraignment begins, he hears the word "murder" for the first time and immediately licks his lips (sets a baseline).

When the prosecutor says "a process of the scene", he again licks his lips.

When the prosecutor says "police determine", again with the lips (I'd love to play poker with AH at this point).

In the best example of this and his concern is when the topic of Lloyd's sister comes up. He reaches up with his hand and wipes at his face. Not an easy exercise when you're handcuffed and tells me he had no idea that part was coming. He then goes into a clam state when the prosecutor talks about the relationship with Lloyd and AH but then he goes right back to his leakage when the prosecutor starts up again with the details of the crime.

His incessant staring is an overcompensation. He is aware of his nervousness and is trying to come across as calm by acting like it doesn't bother him. But the raised eyebrows gives his concern away.

Give the video a watch with theses things in mind and you'll see what he's worried about and what he could care less about.

Blog Entries

wow...great breakdown HR. I didn't even see the arraignment, but this is really damn descriptive.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Fox affiliate in Boston says apparently, an AH connection to 2012 double homicide is being pursued.

Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 8m
    BREAKING: According to law source Aaron Hernandez under investigation for possible connection to 2012 double murder in Boston
    Meh. Why be surprised at this point?
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

http://www.myfoxboston.com/video?cli...autoStart=true

How many times could he "not draw any conclusions"... Maybe HR should get himself an interview....

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When I am not screwing up message boards, I am usually either asleep, performing certain bodily functions incompatible with electronics, or out of range.
    FTFY.

(And put away the banhammer, boychik--in the parlance of the trade, you "opened the door"...:p)

We now return you to your irregularly scheduled Perp THread...

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    wow...great breakdown HR. I didn't even see the arraignment, but this is really damn descriptive.
    Thanks. Just a little food for thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Reminds of that player in Carolina a few years ago that has a hit put on his pregnant girlfriend. Pretty sure he's still in prison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Rae Carruth is scheduled to get out of jail in a bit over 5 years, which is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Rae Carruth is scheduled to get out of jail in a bit over 5 years, which is a joke.
    Nothing is scheduled. He's was sentenced to 18 to 24 years. He *might* get out in 2019 but that's not guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    When I am not screwing up message boards, I am an investigator and a forensic interviewer / interrogator in my paying job. My experience goes back to when I was 18 and an MP, to the civilian world, to LE and now in the private sector. One of the certifications I hold specializes in the interview technique of Behavioral Analysis (or BAI). I conduct or have conducted interviews of all varieties -- criminal, fact finding, interrogations, pre-employment, etc.

In layman's terms, I can gauge a persons truthfulness based on their body language, combined with the manner in which they answer questions. Based on some of the principles behind the BAI, it was evident to me during Hernandez's arraignment that he was VERY scared. I freely admit, this won't tell you his guilt or innocence but it's an indicator what elements of the crime seem to bother him and what he's not very concerned about.

You need to focus on what we call "on time behavior". Meaning, what is Hernandez doing with his body when certain things are said. What I looked for were these body language reactions (or "leakage") from Hernandez based on what was being read by the prosecutor. If you go back and look, there are numerous instances where Hernandez hears something the prosecutor is saying that gets a reaction from him. Sometimes he licks his lips, once he brought his hand over his mouth, he's starts and stops shifting back and forth etc.

Some examples that stood out to me ....

As the arraignment begins, he hears the word "murder" for the first time and immediately licks his lips (sets a baseline).

When the prosecutor says "a process of the scene", he again licks his lips.

When the prosecutor says "police determine", again with the lips (I'd love to play poker with AH at this point).

In the best example of this and his concern is when the topic of Lloyd's sister comes up. He reaches up with his hand and wipes at his face. Not an easy exercise when you're handcuffed and tells me he had no idea that part was coming. He then goes into a clam state when the prosecutor talks about the relationship with Lloyd and AH but then he goes right back to his leakage when the prosecutor starts up again with the details of the crime.

His incessant staring is an overcompensation. He is aware of his nervousness and is trying to come across as calm by acting like it doesn't bother him. But the raised eyebrows gives his concern away.

Give the video a watch with theses things in mind and you'll see what he's worried about and what he could care less about.
    Great post. The connection between various gestures, especially touching of the face/uncontrolled facial tics, and deception sounds silly, but once you're introduced to it you start to see it everywhere.

Another interesting little piece in the investigator's toolkit that we were taught is the difference between how guilty people speak and how innocent people speak. Obviously we haven't really heard Hernandez or his attorney speak so far other than a short statement where he said Hernandez has been "the subject of a flood of rumors and misinformation" etc...

Note that he does not say anything about Hernandez not killing anybody, not being around the night of the murder, not knowing the person who was murdered etc.; no strong statements of innocence. Perhaps he HAS been the subject of misinformation, but that has nothing to do with whether or not he killed anybody.

Innocent people can't turn down the chance to say "I didn't do it." But guilty people say "I am not guilty of these charges" which is VERY different; guilt is a subjective term, and usually criminals can say they're not guilty and mean it, because guilt is a feeling, not a statement of fact. Almost every bad guy I've ever dealt with put the blame on someone/something else for why they did what they did.

Killing someone and then putting on a defense when you know deep down you did it tears a person apart and when you look between the lines you can see that conflict coming out in how they act, how they speak, etc. and they CANNOT control it.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    Fox affiliate in Boston says apparently, an AH connection to 2012 double homicide is being pursued.

Meh. Why be surprised at this point?

Ted Daniel ‏@TedDanielFOX25 33m
    Link to story:
    http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/227...double-killing
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

Ochocinco's OCNN ‏@ocnnreport 50m
    Aaron Rodgers Not Happy ESPN Confused Him With Aaron Hernandez http://ocnnreport.com/?p=16061
    Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 4h
    A second man is being held in connection with the Odin Lloyd murder case http://wp.me/p14QSB-9cIp