Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3233343536 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    I don't get the flak directed at HoustonRaven. All he did was refrain from jumping to conclusions. Are we so jaded by the media's poor quality in this day and age that somehow caution and common sense are to be sneered at?
    I too am refraining from rushing to judgement here. It certainly looks bad, but I learned from Ray's case to not jump so fast.

A lot of the same damning type of stuff with Hernandez was there initially with Ray too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Has any more info been released on the other 2 guys that were with him at the time? I know AH is the higher profile guy, but nothing else has been said about the other 2 guys...
    Im with you here.

I'd like to know more about them as well. I think it's safe to assume they're known to the police and the police are playing all three off one another.

What's wrong with giving the guy the benefit of a doubt? Until recently I was thinking (perhaps hoping for his sake) he was getting bad advice or got caught up in things beyond his control. I just see no down side to waiting for more information.

Blog Entries

Seems early for his release. If im not mistaken the difference between the two is By this point Ray admitted his guilt flipped from defendent to star witness. Hernandez seems to still be covering something up. He does have time to do the same i would think but im not sure hes heading that direction.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    What's wrong with giving the guy the benefit of a doubt? Until recently
    Arrogant Pats fans will try to distinguish this from the Lewis situation by claiming the Patriots are somehow more moral because they chose to cut ties with someone involved in a murder.

If this makes them somehow feel superior, then good for them.

But it does not change the fact that the same issues that caused Hernandez to be red-flagged in the draft are the same issues that got him arrested. The Patriots were aware of these issues and took the chance.

This Hernandez situation is much more foreseeable in light of his history than was the Lewis situation. Both were surprising, but one is much more in line with one person's character than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Seems early for his release. If im not mistaken the difference between the two is By this point Ray admitted his guilt flipped from defendent to star witness. Hernandez seems to still be covering something up. He does have time to do the same i would think but im not sure hes heading that direction.
    Not this quickly...Not only was Ray initially charged with murder, but the trial for it had started...the obstruction charge wasn't offered until the prosecutions weak case completely fell apart after the limo drivers testimony during the trial.

That whole process took a couple months.

We are still in the infant stages with Hernandez.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

There was plenty of smoke from day 1 but patience and reluctance to rush to judgment are pretty much never wrong. I don't agree that the balance of evidence at any time solely pointed to Hernandez running with a bad crowd and nothing more, but people fail to realize that investigations (at least at this stage) are not about revealing the truth to the public. Plenty of information gets leaked to various sources specifically to leverage other sources, to conceal information (by both the good guys and the bad guys), and for a multitude of other reasons. We have no way of knowing whether leaked information was legit or was for one of those other reasons.

The NFL/Patriots have conducted their own investigation--and I'm sure they either employ or contract with some very solid investigative people--and they've concluded that because of whatever they've turned up Hernandez is not worth keeping. To justify dumping a guy you just made a big investment in whatever they've turned up has to look very, very bad.

If the Patriots were willing to incur a cap hit of 7.5 million while cutting a guy whose one of the best at his position, I'm willing to hop, skip and jump to the conclusion that he's boned no matter how this turns out.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    If the Patriots were willing to incur a cap hit of 7.5 million while cutting a guy whose one of the best at his position, I'm willing to hop, skip and jump to the conclusion that he's boned no matter how this turns out.
    I also wonder if the Pats know something we don't for that big a cap hit.

More obviously, though, they were anxious and eager to preserve whatever illusion of the "Patriot Way" they believe in.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Arrogant Pats fans will try to distinguish this from the Lewis situation by claiming the Patriots are somehow more moral because they chose to cut ties with someone involved in a murder.

If this makes them somehow feel superior, then good for them.

But it does not change the fact that the same issues that caused Hernandez to be red-flagged in the draft are the same issues that got him arrested. The Patriots were aware of these issues and took the chance.

This Hernandez situation is much more foreseeable in light of his history than was the Lewis situation. Both were surprising, but one is much more in line with one person's character than the other.
    There is potentially another huge difference here. RAY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING. After the fact, yes, he lied, probably due to a reasonable fear of retribution for being a rat. But on the night in question, the only thing anyone who was there said he did was try to get his group the hell out of there and put a stop to a melee. I am pretty sure Ray was completely honest with Ozzie and Art, told them what he did and didn't do, and they believed him. And THAT is why they unequivocally backed him.

Now, we have no idea what Hernandez did. And we have no idea what he told his employers. But my guess is that the Pats know, either from Hernandez' on mouth or from sources in law enforcement, some information that we haven't found out yet. And I am guessing (yes, guessing) that we are going to find out that he did do something. Whether he killed a guy or was an active participant in the guy eventually dying, I think he has been released because the Pats know he is culpable.

And again, I admit that I am only guessing here, and that's all any of us can do at this point.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Not this quickly...Not only was Ray initially charged with murder, but the trial for it had started...the obstruction charge wasn't offered until the prosecutions weak case completely fell apart after the limo drivers testimony during the trial.

That whole process took a couple months.

We are still in the infant stages with Hernandez.

I remember Art Modell saying that he went to Atlanta and met with Ray. We'll never know what was said but Art came out of that meeting saying that he believed that Ray was not guilty and that he was going to support him 100%.

Hernandez went to the Pats facility last week and was told to leave. Kraft obviously has his doubts about the player and doesn't want him on his team. As an owner of a team you can handle it any way you want.