Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3132333435 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Your exact words were: "Still not seeing anything substantial that would say he was involved. To me, this still looks like he was running with the wrong crowd."

And this wasn't right at the beginning of the whole thing. You were litereally the last one to come around to the fact that he was most probably involved in this thing. You stood tall though even as all the evidence came in against you.
    That was because none of us have any of the facts yet, only the Massachusetts Police have that evidence right now. They said they weren't going to release any of the charges until after Hernandez is arraigned in court. Once that happens we will all know a lot more than we do now. I don't want to assume that anyone is guilty of anything until the facts are disclosed, and that is what it sounds like HoustonRaven was saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't like it when everyone was saying ignorant things about Ray Lewis after he was proved innocent of murder in a court of law, and I think that is why most Ravens fans are waiting until we know more before saying anything about this situation before Hernandez's case starts.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

lol man patriots fans are 'classy' to the end. look at this quote (one of many) from their board:

This is the difference between the Patriots and Ravens.

One cuts bait with a guy for going to trial for murder.

The other celebrates one as a hero and local legend.
    their dismal offseason couldn't have happened to a better bunch of fans.

Has any more info been released on the other 2 guys that were with him at the time? I know AH is the higher profile guy, but nothing else has been said about the other 2 guys...

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    That was because none of us have any of the facts yet, only the Massachusetts Police have that evidence right now. They said they weren't going to release any of the charges until after Hernandez is arraigned in court. Once that happens we will all know a lot more than we do now. I don't want to assume that anyone is guilty of anything until the facts are disclosed, and that is what it sounds like HoustonRaven was saying. Nothing more, nothing less.

I didn't like it when everyone was saying ignorant things about Ray Lewis after he was proved innocent of murder in a court of law, and I think that is why most Ravens fans are waiting until we know more before saying anything about this situation before Hernandez's case starts.
    I get all that and like I said I admire the steadfast stance but the timing was hilarious to me as it was very apaprent at the time that Hernandez was involved far more than "hanging with the wrong crowd." By then we already knew his rental car was involved and that he'd been hanging out with the guy that night in the car. Houston was the LAST person to come around to the fact that Hernandez was at a bare minimum involved in some sort of indiscretion here.

I find it funny.

RavensNTerps

Have fun trolling the Castle!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    RavensNTerps

Have fun trolling the Castle!
    The Princess Bride is an awesome movie. :)

The arrest of Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez has provided a timely diversion for Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    lol man patriots fans are 'classy' to the end. look at this quote (one of many) from their board:

I saw this.

It is a hilarious attempt to deflect from their crappy situation. More of the arrogance and elitist behavior of Patriots fans. As if they are now better than the Ravens for releasing a player instead of standing behind them, before a court is able to rule.

I am not absolving Lewis of his involvement, but there are more differences between the scenarios than Patriots fans might like to admit.

1) Hernandez was regarded as a punk before being drafted, in fact, certain teams had him listed as undraftable due to his character concerns. As far as I know, Lewis had no such red flags.
    2) In view of 1), the Hernandez circumstance falls much more in the "known or should have known" category than the Lewis circumstance. The Lewis situation was much farther outside of the realm of possibility when compared to the Hernandez situation.

The fact is the Patriots drafted a player with well-known red flags, tried to go the whole "Patriot Way" thing, and now look silly, in addition to the money burned on his recent contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post

I can't wait until we crush them this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I saw this.

It is a hilarious attempt to deflect from their crappy situation. More of the arrogance and elitist behavior of Patriots fans. As if they are now better than the Ravens for releasing a player instead of standing behind them, before a court is able to rule.

I am not absolving Lewis of his involvement, but there are more differences between the scenarios than Patriots fans might like to admit.

1) Hernandez was regarded as a punk before being drafted, in fact, certain teams had him listed as undraftable due to his character concerns. As far as I know, Lewis had no such red flags.
    2) In view of 1), the Hernandez circumstance falls much more in the "known or should have known" category than the Lewis circumstance. The Lewis situation was much farther outside of the realm of possibility when compared to the Hernandez situation.

The fact is the Patriots drafted a player with well-known red flags, tried to go the whole "Patriot Way" thing, and now look silly, in addition to the money burned on his recent contract.
    Which is why I don't feel one iota of sympathy for the pompous, arrogant bastids.

I don't get the flak directed at HoustonRaven. All he did was refrain from jumping to conclusions. Are we so jaded by the media's poor quality in this day and age that somehow caution and common sense are to be sneered at?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    I get all that and like I said I admire the steadfast stance but the timing was hilarious to me as it was very apaprent at the time that Hernandez was involved far more than "hanging with the wrong crowd." By then we already knew his rental car was involved and that he'd been hanging out with the guy that night in the car. Houston was the LAST person to come around to the fact that Hernandez was at a bare minimum involved in some sort of indiscretion here.

I find it funny.
    I didn't post, or at least not much, on this thread until today, but I was among the crowd waiting until more was known about this situation before taking a stand. Mainly because of what happened with Ray Lewis 13 years ago. It's not funny, it's just not wanting to believe that a young man is throwing his life away after reaching the achievement we all shared when we were kids throwing the football around with our friends (using the old 2 completions=1st down rule).