Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    One of these days, the press will spend more than a few seconds doing research.
    I don't think today is that day...

I know you were referencing reporting (or rather, lack thereof) on Ray's case in comparison to AH, but take a look Bleacher Report's incisive background profile.... virtually a cut & paste from frigging Wikipedia. I'd expect better from a HS term paper:grbac:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aaron_Hernandez

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...aron-hernandez

^^^ One of many reasons I don't read Bleacher Report.

On another point, it just occurred to me that Roethlisberger and Vick were both suspended well before they were ever charged with a crime. Vick was eventually found guilty but Ben's stuff never went to court.

I think it's fair to assume the image-conscious NFL isn't going to wait for the wheels of justice on this one. If he gets charged with anything, they will pull out the "indefinite suspension" card once again.

I've been reading the Pats board and I'm grateful it's much more interesting over there. Some of the topics:

- A poll showing most fans think Hernandez is guilty and will be cut
    - Several other Hernandez threads
    - Putin stealing Kraft's Super Bowl ring
    - Signing Tim Tebow
    - Gronk needs an offseason chaperone

It's nice to be boring next to them.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-...fan-forum.html

Blog Entries

Goodell's not going to have much of a choice. He's going to feel pressure from one side or another. The national public will ridicule him and his brand(more important) for not taking action. Other players and front offices might not be pleased with what could be perceived as another act of favoritism toward the Patriots.

His own policy really forces his hand.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    Lol. You must have me confused with the unabomber. The Unibomber sports a unibrow (and occasionally a fu manchu) and throws bombs to win super bowls.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I think this is the biggest difference between the two situations. Self Defense was certainly on the table in the Ray Lewis fight. This almost looks to be an execution. Hernandez may not have pulled the trigger but if he was there and they can prove that one of the guys did commit the murder the charges are going to be significant.
    I don't think it is an execution, it would be more of a heated fight that became murder. Execution implies it is planned to get rid of somebody. If this was planned it was a terrible job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Big big difference for me is that Ray Lewis never knew the men killed victims in Georgia....they were part of a random street fight.
    Exactly, he didn't know them at all and found they were gang members who tagged along with Rays friends of friends that night. Ray was scared to snitch to endanger others lives as well as his own.

Hernandez is looking like an accessory at this point and directly implicated and trying to cover his tracks.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tolucaraven View Post
    Exactly, he didn't know them at all and found they were gang members who tagged along with Rays friends of friends that night. Ray was scared to snitch to endanger others lives as well as his own.

Hernandez is looking like an accessory at this point and directly implicated and trying to cover his tracks.
    Another reason why I can't understand the outcry in Ray's case. The guys that died were FAR from model citizens.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Another reason why I can't understand the outcry in Ray's case. The guys that died were FAR from model citizens.
    It's funny that whenever the Atlanta murders get brought up in relation to Ray, they always say something along the lines of "to this day, no one has yet been convicted..." As if that's unusual. The murder clearance rate in this country is only about 65%.

Quote Originally Posted by redmike34 View Post
    It's funny that whenever the Atlanta murders get brought up in relation to Ray, they always say something along the lines of "to this day, no one has yet been convicted..." As if that's unusual. The murder clearance rate in this country is only about 65%.
    Except the Atlanta case was cleared. The jury ruled that Ray's companions acted in self defense. Legally, they have been found to have caused those deaths, but doing so was ruled to have not been murder.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Except the Atlanta case was cleared. The jury ruled that Ray's companions acted in self defense. Legally, they have been found to have caused those deaths, but doing so was ruled to have not been murder.
    Yeah, I understand that. I guess my impression, when these various authors (I think Florio is the most recent one I saw mention it) bring it up, is that they are trying to insinuate that since no one has ever been convicted, there's a proverbial sword of Damocles still hanging over Ray about it... Maybe it's just me.

Just kind of hopping into conversation as I am unsure of the situations

Can someone inform to me what the videos I see of Hernandez are where he is running from his car. What was he disposing of?