Page 22 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2021222324 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    If you're picking the time and place, that's premeditated murder 1. Most times, things just happen when and where they happen.
    Good point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

iggyman555 Guest

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m

Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.

Blog Entries

Aaron probably went to the team facility to yell: "Save me Mr. Kraft, save me!"
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 26m

Update: Police have prepared arrest warrant for Patriots TE Aaron Hernandez for obstruction of justice, per ABC News.
    It's about time. I have no idea if Hernandez was involved in the murder, but his actions since this whole thing began scream obstruction of justice at the minimum. I can't help but think that if this had been any of us in this situation, we would have already been arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It's about time. I have no idea if Hernandez was involved in the murder, but his actions since this whole thing began scream obstruction of justice at the minimum. I can't help but think that if this had been any of us in this situation, we would have already been arrested.
    There is currently a 70-reply thread in the Deadspin comments section, strenuously arguing that obstruction of justice is a bullshit charge - if the police hadn't asked you for it when you trashed it, it's just a private citizen trashing their own property. Not kidding.

He's in the woods deep. Additional charges can later filed against him. The obstruction charges could be about destroying evidence: cleaning services, destroyed security equipment and cell phone. This is after they executed a search warrant at his home.

Additionally, he still has to deal with the guy he allegedly shot in the face. The lawsuit claims they had an argument on the night of the incident at Tootsies strip club. They later left together with 2 other men. The shot man was found in the morning bleeding outside of a John Deere dealer. Doesn't make him guilty, but it should create suspicion.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/06/2...hernandez.html

3 more search warrants have been issued ....

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...near_hernandez

Obstruction is probably just a start. That's probably all they can get on him now. Won't be surprised if other charges follow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Obstruction is probably just a start. That's probably all they can get on him now. Won't be surprised if other charges follow.
    I agree. This way the cops can put pressure on him to start talking. My understanding of obstruction of justice is that it is a pretty broad charge, and can encompass a wide variety of activities. It does appear like the cops are treating Hernandez with kid gloves though.

The folks over at Muscle Milk have dropped their sponsorship of AH ....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ses-a-sponsor/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    This may not even be Goodell's call. Hernandez isn't going to be able to play while a trial is going on, unless his lawyer can SOMEHOW convince a judge to postpone the trial until his playing time is on hold. I can't see it happening.

In Ray's case...the crime happened in January 2000. The trial started late May 2000. That would put Hernandez's trial in November 2013. Maybe he's granted special exemption to play before his trial, but I just don't see it. He's going to be needing time to prepare with his legal team and make court appearances.

Depending on the judgement, then it will be interesting to see how he's disciplined. Ray was fined 250k, but I believe he missed no games.
    Ray missed four games. They will start with obstruction and perhaps accessory after the fact. As more facts come in, they may supersede with conspiracy, accessory before the fact or murder. They will likely ask for no bond.

And if Stallworth missed a year, I would say a year's suspension is the minimum Hernandez is looking at.

Blog Entries

Ray Lewis never missed any games. He started 16 games in 2000 plus 4 more in the playoffs. He wouldn't have won DPOY if he missed a quarter of the season.