Page 15 of 58 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

I only know of snippets from NFL network but having had one of ours judged before the evidence was in I think Ravens fans should be not only willing but absolutely staunch in their insistence for all of the evidence. That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss things as they come out but let's not judge Hernandez yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Oh, well, if it came from ESPN, it must be true.
    when ESPN is claiming to have spoken to the police for them to "confirm" it, then yes, I pretty much take that as fact. BY that burden of proof, nothing is every hard evidence. It's not like I would accept CNN's reporting as fact over ESPN, either... and even ifthey have video of Hernandez shooting the victim it could just be doctored...
    It's one thing to say that "sources" say ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... it's another thing entirely to say that law enforcement has confirmed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And what evidence has a message board poster given?
    They haven't given any evidence. That's the issue.

@lsubooger: I'm hearing there were things that happened at Florida that got covered up by Meyer that could come out w/Hernandez

Booger ‏@lsubooger

@alexmarvez dude if this is true this potentially is the 3rd time he's shot someone

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This is a message board where people post their opinions. Is that too novel of a concept to grasp?
    gotta love the trolls lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think a more fair representation would be to say that all signs point to Hernandez "being involved".

I don't think we know nearly enough to say that "all signs point to Hernandez" as without any qualification that statement seems to indicate that Hernandez appears to be the shooter.
    Agreed.

I would agree that a lot of this doesn't look good for Hernandez, but it's unclear still what "being involved" really means?

As the shooter?

As an accomplice?

As covering for his friends?

Or as someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people?

Still too much left to know. Many, many people had Ray convicted based on media reports that were based solely on information provided by law enforcement.

We know how reliable a lot of that info turned out to be.....
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    PFT, once described as a rag and lacking any credibility with the Ray deer antler story, is now being read as gospel?

Ponderous.
    The PFT article links to the ABC storied posted earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of PFT's style of writing (which lends itself to sensationalism)

I don't get all the arguing on this thread. I don't recall reading anyone here saying "Aaron Hernandez killed someone", nor anyone saying "Aaron Hernandez is definitely not involved with what happened" But the arguing is starting to sound like the prosecutor vs the defense attorney with Hernandez's life on the line.

Various media outlets are reporting a lot of "stuff" and folks are discussing it. Based on what's being reported, there seems to be at least some connection to AH, even if that doesn't eventually translate to direct involvement. I don't see an issue with linking to a media report and giving an opinion or responding to someone else's opinion.

I do agree that anyone should be cautious of letting their opinion one way or the other from becoming "fact" in their mind. As mentioned before, there have been plenty of cases where the "facts" being reported were not so (Duke, Ray, etc).

Again I understand the need to be very careful when jumping to any conclusions based on what we've experienced with Ray, but folks are acting as if it's heresy to imply that Hernandez is in deep shit based on what's being reported.

Even weirder is that now folks are saying every major news sources from ABC to PFT reporting on this is now lacks the credibility to take something as simple as a broken phone seriously?

The guys is going to be arrested and presumably charged with some sort of connection based on the evidence gathered, its a very simply conclusion that he is in serious trouble, the amount of which has yet to be determined, but trouble nonetheless.

Again no one is saying that he headed for death row or the firing squad but people...... he is in some shit.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 06-20-2013 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Again I understand the need to be very careful when jumping to any conclusions based on what we've experienced with Ray, but folks are acting as if it's heresy to imply that Hernandez is in deep shit based on what's being reported.

Even weirder is that now folks are saying every major news sources from ABC to PFT reporting on this is now lacks the credibility to take something as simple as a broken phone seriously?

The guys is going to be arrested and presumably charged with some sort of connection based on the evidence gathered, its a very simply conclusion that he is in serious trouble, the amount of which has yet to be determined, but trouble nonetheless.

Again no one is saying that he headed for death row or the firing squad but people...... he is in some shit.
    Winner winner, chicken dinner.

I'm gonna go against the curve and take the low road. I think at the very least he is guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, and helped with covering it up and disposing of the body. As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer fan base. Screw the Cheatriots and their lowsy, classless, arrogant fans. I can't wait to see them suck this year and watch them all cry like the spoiled brats they are.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Unibomber View Post
    I'm gonna go against the curve and take the low road. I think at the very least he is guilty of conspiracy to commit murder, and helped with covering it up and disposing of the body. As far as I'm concerned, it couldn't have happened to a nicer fan base. Screw the Cheatriots and their lowsy, classless, arrogant fans. I can't wait to see them suck this year and watch them all cry like the spoiled brats they are.
    Is that really the low road for a cat named "Unibomber"?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Is that really the low road for a cat named "Unibomber"?
    Lol. You must have me confused with the unabomber. The Unibomber sports a unibrow (and occasionally a fu manchu) and throws bombs to win super bowls.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DrUnk View Post
    Looking like he may be switching to Loose End, if this continues the way it has been going.
    The wordplay is everything here--you should at least try to get it right. The bon mot that came out during the OJ trial went,
    He'll go in a Tight End but come out a Wide Receiver.
    --& since AH is in fact a Tight End...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    A Patriot destroy video surveillance? Say it ain't so...
    Post of the month!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and Gronk partying with hookers in Vegas, wrestling onstage, ongoing infections... who knew he was the smart one?
    New post of the month! Great fodder for living here in NE!