Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    The wind has been fanning those flames... and the smoke is starting to burn my eyes.
    Wait a minute, let me put some goggles on.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I understand the notion that as Ravens/Ray Lewis fans we should be a little more wary of jumping to any conclusions. But you don't have to hate the Pats to see just how much shit he's in. With the amount of info revealed in the last couple of days its not that much of stretch to think he had SOME involvement.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSkins Fury View Post
    I agree with you. Just because it was at his house, in his car etc. doesn't mean he did it. He may have come home and discovered it. Regardless, covering it up, protecting, and/or harboring those who did it is still a crime.
    You are 100% correct, but the circumstantial evidence is piling up...as is the ammo for a nice, fat Goodell-engineered suspension.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I don't like to judge but here is what we know.

He purposely destroyed his surveillance system.
    He destroyed his cell phone.
    Hired a cleaning crew the day after the incident.
    Ran from a helicopter (I can't watch TV at the moment or confirm details on this one.)

The only thing I can think of for me to think he didn't do it, is that a close friend did it at his house which makes him accountable for some charges at the least.

Blog Entries

All signs are pointing to Hernandez. Why would someone have their entire house scrubbed, destroy their home surveillance and cell phone?

They could probably charge him with destruction of evidence now which is a felony.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksouleyez View Post
    The only thing I can think of for me to think he didn't do it, is that a close friend did it at his house which makes him accountable for some charges at the least.
    Maybe, maybe not... If all he did was lawyer up. Then maybe not. Once he and his lawyer iron things out, he may be singing to the cops. There is a long way to go here, unless they have video of him doing it or helping carry the body out of the house.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    A couple of the folks patting themselves on the back for jumping to the conclusion that Hernandez is involved need to remember that no one here ever claimed it was impossible that he was, what I, and HR have Ben saying is that we wanted to see solid evidence before making a judgment. I still do.

Right now Hernandez is guilty of nothing. Evidence is coming out that he tried to cover up something. But a certain bloody white suit should make all of you a little less certain about what that means with regards to his guilt or innocence.
    I agree with this. How many people made assumptions about Ray based on half cocked information? There are so many variables here that its only pure speculation at this point to assume anything. I happen to believe there should be good evidence that a man has committed a murder before saying he is a murderer. If any fan base should understand that its ours.

I do think that if one looks at the verifiable media reports it would appear that much Ray on that fateful Atlanta night, Aaron has not been exactly forthcoming or cooperative with the police. That's a far cry though from having pulled the trigger and killed the man. If he is involved in a cover up for a friend, for his girlfriends sister who was dating the guy etc then he will have to answer for those actions in a court of law much like Ray.

Regardless how this plays out the tragedy here is that a man is dead, lives will be inexorably altered and loved ones will never see a person they care about deeply again. Aaron Hernandez much like Ray is going to need to look at his life and his actions regarding this incident and make some serious changes if he manages to survive this with no jail or minimal jail time. Ray is a man who has shown that sometimes its the worst things that we can do/get involved in that lead to us finding and expressing the best within us eventually.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    All signs are pointing to Hernandez. Why would someone have their entire house scrubbed, destroy their home surveillance and cell phone?
    To protect his 2 friends. But, maybe lawyering up and striking a deal with prosecutors to confess what he knows and testify against the shooter would get him out of the destruction of evidence... maybe.

I don't like to judge but here is what we know.

He purposely destroyed his surveillance system.
    Really? How do "we" know that? How do we know the system was destroyed at all?

He destroyed his cell phone.
    Really? How do we know that? Did you see the pieces?

Hired a cleaning crew the day after the incident.
    Really? So there's no possibility that he has his house cleaned every Monday, because he hosts parties every weekend?

Ran from a helicopter (I can't watch TV at the moment or confirm details on this one.)
    Really? How exactly do you "run from" a TV station's helicopter?

Congrats on reaching bottom; extra points for starting to dig.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    I agree with this. How many people made assumptions about Ray based on half cocked information? There are so many variables here that its only pure speculation at this point to assume anything. I happen to believe there should be good evidence that a man has committed a murder before saying he is a murderer. If any fan base should understand that its ours.

I do think that if one looks at the verifiable media reports it would appear that much Ray on that fateful Atlanta night, Aaron has not been exactly forthcoming or cooperative with the police. That's a far cry though from having pulled the trigger and killed the man. If he is involved in a cover up for a friend, for his girlfriends sister who was dating the guy etc then he will have to answer for those actions in a court of law much like Ray.

Regardless how this plays out the tragedy here is that a man is dead, lives will be inexorably altered and loved ones will never see a person they care about deeply again. Aaron Hernandez much like Ray is going to need to look at his life and his actions regarding this incident and make some serious changes if he manages to survive this with no jail or minimal jail time. Ray is a man who has shown that sometimes its the worst things that we can do/get involved in that lead to us finding and expressing the best within us eventually.

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on a bunch of factors. He could have destroyed the recording media to a sufficient degree that the data is unrecoverable. Since 3+ days have already passed, the relevant data could have been automatically over-written (as was the case with the bar's security system in the Big Ben rape case). And that all assumes his surveillance system is set up to archive data (likely, but not determined ATT).
    There are at least two ways to look at this, I guess.

1 - A multi-millionaire's security system is going to be high-end enough that the data (video, sound, timestamps, etc.) doesn't ever live on-site, but rather on a server somewhere in rural Texas.

2 - AH is a savvy criminal (even though his actions over the past 72 hours don't demonstrate it) and therefore has a half-ass 1990's security system with no data archiving ability whatsoever or with an auto-overwrite feature for the very purpose of NOT leaving behind/around any evidence that could be used against him at some point.

Generally, at least some local data from any network, point of service system or point of sale device is archived/backed-up somewhere. I imagine that the shelf-life of the archived data varies wildly based upon purpose and federal law.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post

They could probably charge him with destruction of evidence now which is a felony.
    One could have made the same statements about Ray the days following the Atlanta incident. We all know how that played out.

Something horrible obviously happened. To some extent it would appear that Hernandez is either involved or aware of what happened.

He could be the trigger man or he simply could have made the mistake that Ray did of trying to cover for others. It certainly appears he knows more than he has said but there is a huge difference between murdering a man and being an accessory after the fact.

Its bad news for Pats fans and Hernandez but till the details come out its a little premature to say all signs point to him. Who knows whats going on in the background. Cops always feed misinformation in an effort to keep suspects off balance and unaware of the direction their investigation is going.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis